Introduce yourself!

Hi everyone, I’m new here. I’m will be purchasing my first PRS this weekend all going well.
Looking forward to some great guitar conversations with you all!

Hi everybody,

new here. A couple of days ago I bought my 3rd PRS and came here to ask some questions about it.

I love PRS guitars and was very influenced by the nu metal era when the combination of a PRS with a Dual Rec was everywhere. But oddly, my main guitar for hears was a Gibson Les Paul DC Standard (a Gibson "PRS alike") . In the end I love Les Pauls and also PRS so I favor the 594 models.

Looking forward to learn more here from all of you.

I've already posted to the Blue Guitar thread but have been surfing this site for about a week. I bought my first PRS and first American made guitar in 30+ years of playing. Its a 2012 blue crab blue burst P24 and I'm loving it.
Welcome, and congrats on your first

Hello, I don't yet own a PRS (SE) guitar, but I plan to buy one in the near future.

I've been kinda playing on&off for 35 years, but all on acoustic. Then came COVID-19 lockdown last year. Since then, I've bought a couple of electrics. I started with the cheapest SSH Squier Bullet Strat. Then I found out about this thing called Gibson Les Paul. I like the looks, but I don't want a heavy chopping block on my lap or loading my neck. That is, until I found out about Gibson Les Paul Classic Lite (exclusive to AMS/zzsounds). So, I got one of that.

Since I'm an engineer, I actually found a bit more fun in learning about setting up/mechanical work than really put in the hours to practice playing. My cheap acoustic and Squier allow me to do that. I only do mechanical stuff like re-fretting, making a compensated nut using a CNC machine. I avoid the electrical part entirely, since, as an electronics/electrical engineer, I have spent too many hours in my life with a soldering iron in my hand already.

I'm intrigued by PRS TCI pickups. My noob skill level doesn't really justify coughing up more dough for a core model (or for that Gibson I got, really) yet, so I am considering the SE line and want to discuss more about what people think about SE Paul's and SE Custom 24-08.

Last edited:
Welcome, kongk!
I don’t own either of the SEs your asking about, but there are quite of few others that do!
Good luck and thank you for having an avatar.:)

Welcome, kongk!
I don’t own either of the SEs your asking about, but there are quite of few others that do!
Good luck and thank you for having an avatar.:)
Thanks Distort6. I just started a poll on SE Paul's vs SE Custom 24-08!

Can't believe it took me this long to join this forum! I've been a practicing musician for 45 years- playing guitar for 43. Got my first glance at a PRS in 1989 and was blown away with the looks, tone and feel. Took me almost 10 years to be able to buy one- got a Custom 22 10 top in Gretch Orange with a Wide Thin neck and dragon pups- still have it and it's been to more than 500 gigs. along the way i've collected a lot of guitars in all makes, but in Feb of 2020, I bought my Holy Grail Axe- a Private Stock, Custom 24. This thing is beautiful. I'd have to look at the cert to tell you what color it is, but it it's got a curly mahogany back, solid rosewood neck, Pattern Thin shape, Cocobolo Fret board, gold inlay birds, Ebony tuners gold plated hardware, 57/08 vintage wound pups and serious flame. # 3077 signed buy builder and Paul. It's never left the house, but it gets a lot of play.

Put a pic in the avatar- can't upload yet- too new of a member.

Last edited:
Welcome, PRSWILL!
Better late, than never with joining us here.:)
Of course, we all want to see your PS. Pics when you can and don’t forget to make an avatar.;)

Hi everybody!
I posted a quick hello over in the Forum Rules and News section but just stumbled into this thread while navigating around. So here's a little about me...
Like a lot of other people raised by MTV, I was inspired by music videos and always wanted to learn guitar but never really got around to it.
Fast forward to Midlife - I'm in my 40s, married in suburbia, 4 daughters and a minivan. If not now, then when? I started taking some virtual lessons with a local teacher about 8 months ago. I've been using my wife's Martin X Series acoustic and enjoying it quite a bit. But I want an electric guitar.
For Christmas my daughters really, really, REALLY wanted a piano. They promised they wanted it, and would use it, so the wife and I picked out a mid-range Clavinova at the local music shop. My electric guitar would have to wait. As luck would have it though, the shop was offering a promotion where you earned X "bonus bucks" per X dollars spent. But you couldn't spend them until the new year.
Well, I'd pretty much forgotten about the bonus bucks until the shop called me last week to let me know, "our bonus bucks dates are coming up and you've got 345 bucks to spend."
HELL YEAH!!!!!
Four daughters can be expensive. Living in suburbia can be expensive. I mostly put off things for me in lieu of spending that money on stuff for the family. But this... THIS was my moment! I'm pretty sure the music shop contacted ME and not my wife because it was a sign that I should spend those bucks on ME! I mean, that's how signs work, right? The moon is in phase, the stars align, Tom Cruise high fives Xenu and things and stuff, right? Honestly I could care less because those bucks were mine and I was spending them!
I bought a 35th Anniversary SE Custom 24 and I love it! It plays so much more nicely than an acoustic. I love the feel, the action, the smoothness and ease. I haven't even really messed with the different switches much, and probably won't need to have a complete understanding of how they work for some time, but I am pumped to know they are there and that they do cool things! And it's gorgeous, so that's a nice bonus ;)
Happy to be on the forums and looking forward to learning all I can and being a part of the PRS community! Also looking forward to getting another post in so I can start sharing pics of my guitar! :D

Last edited:
Hi everybody!
I posted a quick hello over in the Forum Rules and News section but just stumbled into this thread while navigating around. So here's a little about me...
Like a lot of other people raised by MTV, I was inspired by music videos and always wanted to learn guitar but never really got around to it.
Fast forward to Midlife - I'm in my 40s, married in suburbia, 4 daughters and a minivan. If not now, then when? I started taking some virtual lessons with a local teacher about 8 months ago. I've been using my wife's Martin X Series acoustic and enjoying it quite a bit. But I want an electric guitar.
For Christmas my daughters really, really, REALLY wanted a piano. They promised they wanted it, and would use it, so the wife and I picked out a mid-range Clavinova at the local music shop. My electric guitar would have to wait. As luck would have it though, the shop was offering a promotion where you earned X "bonus bucks" per X dollars spent. But you couldn't spend them until the new year.
Well, I'd pretty much forgotten about the bonus bucks until the shop called me last week to let me know, "our bonus bucks dates are coming up and you've got 345 bucks to spend."
HELL YEAH!!!!!
Four daughters can be expensive. Living in suburbia can be expensive. I mostly put off things for me in lieu of spending that money on stuff for the family. But this... THIS was my moment! I'm pretty sure the music shop contacted ME and not my wife because it was a sign that I should spend those bucks on ME! I mean, that's how signs work, right? The moon is in phase, the stars align, Tom Cruise high fives Xenu and things and stuff, right? Honestly I could care less because those bucks were mine and I was spending them!
I bought a 35th Anniversary SE Custom 24 and I love it! It plays so much more nicely than an acoustic. I love the feel, the action, the smoothness and ease. I haven't even really messed with the different switches much, and probably won't need to have a complete understanding of how they work for some time, but I am pumped to know they are there and that they do cool things! And it's gorgeous, so that's a nice bonus ;)
Happy to be on the forums and looking forward to learning all I can and being a part of the PRS community! Also looking forward to getting another post in so I can start sharing pics of my guitar! :D
Welcome to the forum, and congrats on your first PRS!

Hi everybody!
HELL YEAH!!!!!
Great way to get a guitar.
Enjoy.

Congratulations Rukus.

Looking forward to your new guitar thread and pics of your new baby when you can.

Newbie here--Another guy that grew up on MTV. Played guitar very little as a kid. Just enough to get frustrated and stop playing. Picked it up again last year.
Currently sharing time between a Mexican strat, Ibanez, and LP. Not currently a PRS owner. Looking to learn in general as well as figure out the nuances between the PRS models. It's been ready, fire, aim on other guitar acquisitions. Trying to do it a little differently this time.

Back