Introduce yourself!

Been coming here and reading posts for about a year... it's time I said hello and introduced myself. I have a SE ONE, Custom 50 amp, and as of yesterday, the 35th Anniversary S2 Custom 24 in my avatar... I'll post other picks once I have enough posts to share links

Been coming here and reading posts for about a year... it's time I said hello and introduced myself. I have a SE ONE, Custom 50 amp, and as of yesterday, the 35th Anniversary S2 Custom 24 in my avatar... I'll post other picks once I have enough posts to share links
Welcome aboard, Little Timmy.

Hi everyone! Hope to learn a lot from the community. I've been lurking for a while but decided to create an account today to asks some questions. I currently have a PRS Mark Holcomb SE and using an MT15 amp. Nice to meet everyone and Happy New Year!

Hi everyone! Hope to learn a lot from the community. I've been lurking for a while but decided to create an account today to asks some questions. I currently have a PRS Mark Holcomb SE and using an MT15 amp. Nice to meet everyone and Happy New Year!
Hey, tigerza! Welcome.
Nice set up for the heavy stuff!:D
Some pics and an avatar would be great when you get a chance.:)

Hi all,

After years of only reading, I decided to join the forum, specifically due to a post of docteurseb and one og his gorgeous PRS guitars and stain jobs.

I have to admit, I do not own a PRS and only had for a short time (that was a 1998 Custom 24 in Black Gold Wrap Burst), but have been an admirer of PRS's work since I first saw one of his guitars in person. He inspired me to finally build guitars, while not professionally and only for my use, I am driven by the high standards that PRS has set.

At least I may have bought more PRS guitars than most here, as my job is in purchasing department for a big european retailer, which has the davantge of seeing a lot of PRS and be able to play them from time to time and I am always impressed by all the details you become aware of, when you're building a guitar by yourself and it sometimes drives me crazy, how to get some of these details right on my own builds.

I hope to contribute something of interest and help here, but I am afraid, I may not be that much of a help and may keep on a read-only status, but at least, I'll try :)

Best regards

Jonas

Hi all,

After years of only reading, I decided to join the forum, specifically due to a post of docteurseb and one og his gorgeous PRS guitars and stain jobs.

I have to admit, I do not own a PRS and only had for a short time (that was a 1998 Custom 24 in Black Gold Wrap Burst), but have been an admirer of PRS's work since I first saw one of his guitars in person. He inspired me to finally build guitars, while not professionally and only for my use, I am driven by the high standards that PRS has set.

At least I may have bought more PRS guitars than most here, as my job is in purchasing department for a big european retailer, which has the davantge of seeing a lot of PRS and be able to play them from time to time and I am always impressed by all the details you become aware of, when you're building a guitar by yourself and it sometimes drives me crazy, how to get some of these details right on my own builds.

I hope to contribute something of interest and help here, but I am afraid, I may not be that much of a help and may keep on a read-only status, but at least, I'll try :)

Best regards

Jonas
Welcome, Jonas!
You can definitely enjoy this place if you’re in “lurker” mode. :D

So I'm just a little embarrassed to admit that I had to re-join the PRS forum when my laptop had to be re-set - so I just searched for PRS Forum and joined, this one, NOT the Vintage Rocker forum that I had been a member of since the old Birds & Moons days - truth be told, I did not go there much as there was not a lot of activity there - so I'm so pleased to realize that this isn't that old forum - I've had a chance to poke around and go deep into some forum sections and this is a great, lively and informative community - glad I stumbled on to it. About me: I spent 20 years as an Advertising Agency Content Producer, I live in Detroit so I've had all of the big 3 as a client at some point. In my last agency stop, I was hired to take over the Chevy Silverado "Like A Rock" campaign production in it's third year and 11 years later produced the last one in the campaign. During that time I got to work with Bob Seger and Rick Vito (that solo on the record was the first take); great musicians and incredible people. I've also produced spots and web content for clients line the US Navy, Michelin N.A., Kaiser Peremante Health Care and many other Fortune 100 & 500 clients. I've been in a 9 piece horn band that does classic R&B, Motown and Blues Rock for about 18 years; we started out as a Detroit Ad-Industry band so we could play at a big annual industry party put on by a big Post Prod. Supplier in town. We have stayed together all this time and play bars and a lot of corporate and private parties. Being in a large band like that is a treat when we all get in the pocket and, to use a Detroit term, get hitting on all cylinders. I've got the DGT in my avatar photo, a Double Cut 594 and an '06 McCarty Goldtop. I'm looking forward to sharing with my fellow PRS enthusiasts.

So I'm just a little embarrassed to admit that I had to re-join the PRS forum when my laptop had to be re-set - so I just searched for PRS Forum and joined, this one, NOT the Vintage Rocker forum that I had been a member of since the old Birds & Moons days - truth be told, I did not go there much as there was not a lot of activity there - so I'm so pleased to realize that this isn't that old forum - I've had a chance to poke around and go deep into some forum sections and this is a great, lively and informative community - glad I stumbled on to it. About me: I spent 20 years as an Advertising Agency Content Producer, I live in Detroit so I've had all of the big 3 as a client at some point. In my last agency stop, I was hired to take over the Chevy Silverado "Like A Rock" campaign production in it's third year and 11 years later produced the last one in the campaign. During that time I got to work with Bob Seger and Rick Vito (that solo on the record was the first take); great musicians and incredible people. I've also produced spots and web content for clients line the US Navy, Michelin N.A., Kaiser Peremante Health Care and many other Fortune 100 & 500 clients. I've been in a 9 piece horn band that does classic R&B, Motown and Blues Rock for about 18 years; we started out as a Detroit Ad-Industry band so we could play at a big annual industry party put on by a big Post Prod. Supplier in town. We have stayed together all this time and play bars and a lot of corporate and private parties. Being in a large band like that is a treat when we all get in the pocket and, to use a Detroit term, get hitting on all cylinders. I've got the DGT in my avatar photo, a Double Cut 594 and an '06 McCarty Goldtop. I'm looking forward to sharing with my fellow PRS enthusiasts.
Welcome to the forum! There's another Detroit area add guy that's on here as well.

So you're one of the people responsible for making me hate that song for a number of years???? :p

Welcome aboard. There are quite a few of us here who are members on both this board and Vintage Rocker. Like you, I don't go there nearly as much - I was surprised to see how much traffic had fallen off there. It's a shame - there are a lot of good guys there. But there are a lot of good guys here, too, as well as a few of us jag offs. Sometimes we even talk about PRS guitars!

Hello everyone, not really new here as I have been visiting this forum for a while now and just decided to create my account so I can finally post my queries and all. Happy New Year!

So you're one of the people responsible for making me hate that song for a number of years???? :p

Yes, I'm that guy and as many times as you had to endure that slide lick and the remaining :25 of the song as a music bed, I heard it at least 10 times more than you did going through the edit/audio post mix process before we released the spot to the networks. I will submit thought that there are many worse songs to go to work with. "LAR" as we affectionally came to call it, is truly one of the great Personal Anthemic classic songs of our time. I feel honored to have been able to work with it, and respect it for the honest integrity that is so inherently ingrained into the song; both compositionally and performance wise. Having been able to meet Bob and Rick Vito over the years was a genuine treat; incredibly warm, genuine, talented, nice guys.

Back