Introduce yourself!

Hello Everyone:

I just joined the forum but I've been playing PRS guitars since 1991 when I moved to the US from the UK. In fact, pretty much the first thing I did when I arrived in the US was head to the old Mission Street Guitar Center in San Francisco and buy a PRS CE. Over the years, I've owned a few PRSi but have a new-to-me PRS SE headed my way along with a pair of Throback 101s that I'm going to install along with a bone nut, new bridge and tuners. I'll post some before/after pics once the work has been done.

Hello all. I’m new to the forum. I have 2 PRS guitar a SE tremonti custom and a SE custom 25. I have been reading threads for a while and thought I’d jump in.

Hey folks! Long time PRS owner but a newbie around these parts. I've got a 04 Standard 24 I've had since 2006. It has checked off all the boxes for me for such a long time that I was my only guitar up until about 2 years ago :) Looking forward to participating !

sVSkckx.jpg

Hey folks! Long time PRS owner but a newbie around these parts. I've got a 04 Standard 24 I've had since 2006. It has checked off all the boxes for me for such a long time that I was my only guitar up until about 2 years ago :) Looking forward to participating !

sVSkckx.jpg

Congratulations and welcome.

New CE 24 owner. It’s my first PRS. My first guitar was a 1986 Peavey Falcon. I was 12 and it was awesome. I have Fender, Gretsch, Jackson and Epiphone as well. I’ve owned some Taylors, a Larrivee and a Martin but don’t currently own an acoustic. Just got bored with it. I’m 40, married, 3 kids, dog and 2 hermit crabs. I work as an ICU RN (aka COVIDland, at least since March it has been). I played in a couple bands when I was younger. Currently play at church on Sunday mornings and have been doing that since about 2014 I guess. I use a Line 6 Helix live and it’s an amazing piece of gear. I live in a big old house and I’m tired all the time.

I’m 40, married, 3 kids, dog and 2 hermit crabs. I work as an ICU RN (aka COVIDland, at least since March it has been). I played in a couple bands when I was younger. Currently play at church on Sunday mornings and have been doing that since about 2014 I guess. I use a Line 6 Helix live and it’s an amazing piece of gear. I live in a big old house and I’m tired all the time.

There's a lot here I can relate with, lol. Welcome, fellow newb!

Hi from the UK all! I recently got a 35th Anniversary Custom 24 and a McCarty 594 (with ebony fingerboard) both of which are outstanding! I had a Custom 22 years ago that I regretted selling, hence my PRS "return" albeit with different models. I was in an active gigging band for many years, but mostly focused on home recording and songwriting nowadays.

Hi from the UK all! I recently got a 35th Anniversary Custom 24 and a McCarty 594 (with ebony fingerboard) both of which are outstanding! I had a Custom 22 years ago that I regretted selling, hence my PRS "return" albeit with different models. I was in an active gigging band for many years, but mostly focused on home recording and songwriting nowadays.

Congratulations and welcome.

Hello everyone! I’m a new owner of a 2012 Custom 22 SE Semi-Hollow. I’ve been playing guitar for many years now, I think 8th grade? And I’m 34 now. But to be honest I’m not very good. I’ve owned a lot of low end guitars along the way. I’ve always wanted a PRS ever since I walked into a guitar center when I was younger and played an early version of the Santana SE. I fell in love with the sound, the sustain, and the feel of the neck right off the bat. As a kid I knew I was never able to afford something so elegant. As the years passed guitars have come and gone and at one point all I had was an old Stella parlor acoustic. I just recently started playing the guitar again these past few years and have mainly stuck to acoustic guitars. Just felt like I have grown out of the punk rocker stage with high gain and lots of distortion. Walked into guitar center to return something and this beauty PRS custom 22 semi hollow caught my eye. It was used with upgraded Grover locking tuners and SD pups. I picked it up, played it unplugged and it all came back to me as of why I loved the feel of these guitars. An employee asked me if I wanted to plug it in to hear it and I declined. I said if I plug it in and hear it I’m buying it today. So I left leaving the guitar behind. Went home and told my girlfriend about the guitar and how amazing it felt in my hands. Well.... that night she comes home with a surprise. My very first PRS and I love it.
Sorry for the book I just wrote hahaha.

It's only polite to introduce ones self

And so I will.
I'll leave the name and job stuff for the sig.
I bought my first PRS used in 1988 or so, a Std24. I had heard of these, and got lucky enough to find one. Wish I still had it, but I sold it to buy a Super 400...
I play Klein guitars a lot. I have three. I know Lorenzo German pretty well. (Please, if you're one of his former customers, don't ask me to help you get your guitar that you ordered way back there, I have one on order too.). I try to keep my GAS disease under control, but guitars are tax write offs for me, so it's pretty easy to justify them.
After years of looking at them again, I bought a Hollowbody Spruce from Brian Meader when he was still at Washington Music Center near DC, three years ago. Then I bought a Studio from him last year. I love that too. It sounds different, and I like that. I want a P22.
I play jazz. Not much rock and roll. But I do like to get a variety of sounds from a guitar, and these do it.
I really admire PRSh's drive to make a really good instrument. I've never met him, but I'd like to. He seems to be just a bit obsessed about making things as good as he can, and I really like that.
My job is in the Maritime provinces of Canada, and there's not much available. I'd like to try one of the new amps, but there aren't any near me there.
Guitars are more fun than just about anything else.
I'm in.
Welcome, I just joined as well a few days ago.

Back