Introduce yourself!

Hi! My name is Ben and live around the northern part of Virginia. I've played guitar off and on for about 20 years (give or take), and have always loved PRS' instruments. I recently picked up my first PRS, a Holcomb SE model, and it has absolutely re-kindled my love for playing (and also revealed to me how years of not playing has taken its toll lol). I've recently started seriously looking for a Custom 24 Core model, and will be attending Experience PRS 2020 this year, which I am absolutely thrilled about!

I've got a few guitar goals this year: 1) Play more and learn more, 2) Acquire a core model PRS Custom 24, and 3) Acquire a PRS Holcomb SVN! It's gonna be an expensive yet rewarding year I hope!

Welcome aboard, Ben! Congrats on the Holcomb!

Make sure you say hey at Experience. We're a friendly bunch - we don't bite...much. :D

My SE is the best guitar for jazz - and I have several others. I ordered an HB 2 with the piezo pickups and will use it for jazz fused with flamenco.

Welcome Isha, I’m sure there will be plenty of information about the CE22/24 on here.

However there will be plenty of models that suitable for your needs.

Happy hunting.

Hey, I'm Matt. I've got a 2001 PRS Santana SE II that I've used in electronic/acoustic music over the years. I also have an unusual PRS body I was curious to learn more about, but it'll take me a few more posts before I can share links. My sister was at a Jimmie's Chicken Shack show in 2006 - Jimi's guitar broke, and he threw it into the crowd. Some guy got the neck, and my sister got the body. It looks a lot like my Santana SE, except it's got a single pickup, a single lampshade knob for that pickup (likely volume), with wood plugs where the other knob & the switch would go. A proshot video of the band from 2016 shows that it had a brass stoptail bridge at one point, but it seems that didn't survive the concert. It's got straplocks and a PRS guitar strap.

Anyway, it's an interesting piece, and I thought that if there was anyone interested in that sort of thing, they'd be on this forum. Looking forward to sharing photos later.

Hey, I'm Matt. I've got a 2001 PRS Santana SE II that I've used in electronic/acoustic music over the years. I also have an unusual PRS body I was curious to learn more about, but it'll take me a few more posts before I can share links. My sister was at a Jimmie's Chicken Shack show in 2006 - Jimi's guitar broke, and he threw it into the crowd. Some guy got the neck, and my sister got the body. It looks a lot like my Santana SE, except it's got a single pickup, a single lampshade knob for that pickup (likely volume), with wood plugs where the other knob & the switch would go. A proshot video of the band from 2016 shows that it had a brass stoptail bridge at one point, but it seems that didn't survive the concert. It's got straplocks and a PRS guitar strap.

Anyway, it's an interesting piece, and I thought that if there was anyone interested in that sort of thing, they'd be on this forum. Looking forward to sharing photos later.
Welcome Matt.

The guitar body is probably a One. The folks here who have them like them.

The guitar body is probably a One. The folks here who have them like them.

Interesting! A quick Googling shows me that the pickup on the One is a bridge pickup - this one's on the neck. The wood plugs where the knob & switch are on my Santana SE are also something I haven't turned up in rudimentary searching, and seem like rough details for a guitar well-known for attention to detail. I'd read at some point that Jimi worked for PRS, so my suspicion is it's something he put together while working there.

Either way, it's been collecting dust for 14 years, and I'm thinking of chasing down a bridge and a neck and bringing it back to life :)

2 posts down, 1 to go!

Hi all, joined up 7 years ago but didn't really post or do anything really. Now that I am the owner of 2 custom24s and they're pretty much all I play I guess that makes me a PRS geek so I figured I'd go be here with my brethren :p

I just bought a new Custom 24 Piezo Artist Package (Maple board)I am stoked about really been wanting a piezo. As it turns out I was able to get an artist package for about the same as a standard Custom 24 piezo and I really like maple boards so that was a no-brainer. Anyways looking forward to some interaction and seeing some other beauties around here.

prspic_zpskgyxicim.jpg

Hi all, joined up 7 years ago but didn't really post or do anything really. Now that I am the owner of 2 custom24s and they're pretty much all I play I guess that makes me a PRS geek so I figured I'd go be here with my brethren :p

I just bought a new Custom 24 Piezo Artist Package (Maple board)I am stoked about really been wanting a piezo. As it turns out I was able to get an artist package for about the same as a standard Custom 24 piezo and I really like maple boards so that was a no-brainer. Anyways looking forward to some interaction and seeing some other beauties around here.

prspic_zpskgyxicim.jpg
Welcome back? Or, just welcome! Drop dead gorgeous guitar!

Hi guys, my name is Pedro and I'm a musician from Portugal. I've been a fan of PRS since I saw one of my favourite players using Custom 24s as his main guitars (Gonçalo Pereira). I've never owned one, but I plan to jump ship later this year. I can't go much longer without a PRS :p

I fell in love with the "new" CE 24's sound, so that will be my main guitar, probably. I'll be using it mainly to record.
I also want to buy an SE, just to have around and practice, and not be afraid as much to make a ding here and there. I had this idea after seeing the factory tour in Indonesia. They really seem to be a great compromise between price and quality. The particular model I'll choose still remains to be seen, just because I like a lot of them.

Cheers!

Hi guys, my name is Pedro and I'm a musician from Portugal. I've been a fan of PRS since I saw one of my favourite players using Custom 24s as his main guitars (Gonçalo Pereira). I've never owned one, but I plan to jump ship later this year. I can't go much longer without a PRS :p

I fell in love with the "new" CE 24's sound, so that will be my main guitar, probably. I'll be using it mainly to record.
I also want to buy an SE, just to have around and practice, and not be afraid as much to make a ding here and there. I had this idea after seeing the factory tour in Indonesia. They really seem to be a great compromise between price and quality. The particular model I'll choose still remains to be seen, just because I like a lot of them.

Cheers!

I think you’ll be amazed by the quality of the SE and want to keep that safe too.

Welcome

Hi, I'm Vince, from Italy. I'm an old boy that have been playing for more than 40 years; now, in the extreme old age :(, I decided to enter th PRS world.

At first I had opted for a less pretentious SE custom 24 35th ann, making the preorder; but subsequently, given the heated debate about the color of the finish, I ended up with a Core Custom 24.

The guitar is a 2018 model, ordered about a year ago from the dealer, but unsold and unplayed, so it... pardon, she is brand new.

She is undoubtely very beautiful, but I am still unsure about the tone...

Hi, I'm Vince, from Italy. I'm an old boy that have been playing for more than 40 years; now, in the extreme old age :(, I decided to enter th PRS world.

At first I had opted for a less pretentious SE custom 24 35th ann, making the preorder; but subsequently, given the heated debate about the color of the finish, I ended up with a Core Custom 24.

The guitar is a 2018 model, ordered about a year ago from the dealer, but unsold and unplayed, so it... pardon, she is brand new.

She is undoubtely very beautiful, but I am still unsure about the tone...
Play it more. Turn some knobs. The tone will come to you.

Play it more. Turn some knobs. The tone will come to you.

Thanks veinbuster for your hint. I'm currently exploring the capabilities of this wonderful instrument, trying out every possible combination. The tone regulation is actually amazing, giving the possibility of a fine tuning; very precise and progressive.

My only perplexity is about the fifth position otf the selector, i.e the neck humbucker; I would have preferred a more bassy tone, with no need of using the tone knob. But it seems to me that is matter of "attack", rather than of frequency spectrum. If I pluck the string with the fleshy part of my fingertip instead of with my nail or with a pick, the tone loses its"trebly" trait. This could depend on the string too. In keeping with that you suggested, I'm still experimenting

Back