Introduce yourself!

Hello, my name is Brian! I am a follower of Jesus Christ. I appreciate good guitar music from all genres. My primary instrument has always been my vocal, but now at 60 I'm working on my guitar skills.

My wife and I traveled the US singing and sharing the gospel from 1979 until the late '90s. I now am the marketing and communications director for the Paul Anderson Youth Home, a residential home for troubled teenage boys. Check it out at payh.org

I play in the worship band at my church, which is led by my son-in-law, who is an excellent musician, and he has inspired me to be a better guitarist, so I purchased my first electric, a PRS S2 Standard 22.

I thought I may be able to learn a few things from some of you on this forum. I will look forward to meet you.

Last edited:
Hello, my name is Brian! I am a follower of Jesus Christ. I appreciate good guitar music from all genres. My primary instrument has always been my vocal, but now at 60 I'm working on my guitar skills.

My wife and I traveled the US singing and sharing the gospel from 1979 until the late '90s. I now am the marketing and communications director for the Paul Anderson Youth Home, a residential home for troubled teenage boys. Check it out at www.payh.org

I play in the worship band at my church, which is led by my son-in-law, who is an excellent musician, and he has inspired me to be a better guitarist, so I purchased my first electric, a PRS S2 Standard 22.

I thought I may be able to learn a few things from some of you on this forum. I will look forward to meet you.
Welcome to this wonderful band of music lovers

My wife and I traveled the US singing and sharing the gospel from 1979 until the late '90s. I now am the marketing and communications director for the Paul Anderson Youth Home, a residential home for troubled teenage boys. Check it out at payh.org

Welcome Brian, there are a lot of excellent Christian Guitar players out there (Lincoln Brewster is my Fav) a few even play PRS check out the artist list to see who http://www.prsguitars.com/artists#list.

Heya - new guy here. :)

I have been quite active on other forums over the years, but just purchased my first PRS. Well......actually I purchased two........lol.

I’ve been all OVER the guitar map and owned most everything by now. All the big names.....Fender, Gibson, Gretsch.....as well as Epiphones.....Reverend......Parker........honestly I can’t even remember them all. I’ve been a pro musicians since I was 15 yrs old. Been on the road tons. Session work. Singer/songwriter. Producer. Currently staff music position at a huge church in Atlanta. Right now I’m playing through a Helix and using Empire Ears in-ears. I haven’t really gigged with an “amp” in two years. I love it.

Anyways..........when it all comes down, there’s REALLY some things I love about Fenders and there’s REALLY some things I love about Gibson’s. There’s also some things I REALLY dislike about each. Enter PRS.

Why hasn’t this dawned on me earlier?! PRS seems to offer the perfect marriage of all the elements I like best. I think I was caught up on being attracted to “vintage” styled instruments. Stupid. SO - a couple of weeks ago after discovering the new-for-NAMM S2 Studio model........I looked hard at it and thought “this has the very real potential to be the greatest guitar ever designed”. And so I pre-ordered one. :) Waiting SUCKS.
Then YESTERDAY I started thinking about the Les Paul I REALLY wanted that Gibson’s doesn’t make. But PRS makes it. Lol. So I ordered an S2 Singlecut Semi-Hollow. Should be here middle of the week......!

Pumped to be here, and really excited for the new journey!

I have been quite active on other forums over the years, but just purchased my first PRS. Well......actually I purchased two........lol.

I’ve been all OVER the guitar map and owned most everything by now. All the big names.....Fender, Gibson, Gretsch.....as well as Epiphones.....Reverend......Parker........honestly I can’t even remember them all. I’ve been a pro musicians since I was 15 yrs old. Been on the road tons. Session work. Singer/songwriter. Producer. Currently staff music position at a huge church in Atlanta. Right now I’m playing through a Helix and using Empire Ears in-ears. I haven’t really gigged with an “amp” in two years. I love it.

Anyways..........when it all comes down, there’s REALLY some things I love about Fenders and there’s REALLY some things I love about Gibson’s. There’s also some things I REALLY dislike about each. Enter PRS.

Why hasn’t this dawned on me earlier?! PRS seems to offer the perfect marriage of all the elements I like best. I think I was caught up on being attracted to “vintage” styled instruments. Stupid. SO - a couple of weeks ago after discovering the new-for-NAMM S2 Studio model........I looked hard at it and thought “this has the very real potential to be the greatest guitar ever designed”. And so I pre-ordered one. :) Waiting SUCKS.
Then YESTERDAY I started thinking about the Les Paul I REALLY wanted that Gibson’s doesn’t make. But PRS makes it. Lol. So I ordered an S2 Singlecut Semi-Hollow. Should be here middle of the week......!

Two, right out of the gate.....yeah, you're one of us! Congrats, and welcome to the forum

Welcome to the Enablers Club! Let us know when you are on the hunt for PRSi #3 and we'll guide you down the right path;)

bom dia! mais uma vez peço aos membros do grupo se puderem me ajudar a conseguir o case da minha guitarra serei grato

Welcome TSims1! I'm about 3 hours SE of you in Vidalia, GA. and new to the forum as well. It's good to have you on the "team!"

bom dia! mais uma vez peço aos membros do grupo se puderem me ajudar a conseguir o case da minha guitarra serei grato
Have you tried ordering from the official PRS site? They sell cases there. You may also try eBay and search for sellers who ship internationally.

Welcome TSims1! I'm about 3 hours SE of you in Vidalia, GA. and new to the forum as well. It's good to have you on the "team!"

Heya Brian! I read your intro post and loved it....! I’m the lead guitar player at Mount Paran Church!

Heya Brian! I read your intro post and loved it....! I’m the lead guitar player at Mount Paran Church!
That's cool! I've been there, but it's been years ago. That's Mylon LeFevre's church! I'll have to get up there sometime soon and meet you. Maybe you can teach this "old guy" a thing or two.:)

That's cool! I've been there, but it's been years ago. That's Mylon LeFevre's church! I'll have to get up there sometime soon and meet you. Maybe you can teach this "old guy" a thing or two.:)

It used to be for sure!! He hasn’t done anything with the music up there for at least 10 + years(I’ve never met him)but I know he’s a part of the history of the church!

Please do swing through, I’d love to meet you...! Don’t that you’d learn anything from me though......lol.......”old guys” are well seasoned..!! :)

Hello, I've just spent a wonderful weekend with my new-to-me PRE SE Bernie Marsden (2015 I think), and I am smitten. So much, that I long for a 2017. Is this normal? I know people have more than one guitar, but of the (essentially) same model?

Hello, I've just spent a wonderful weekend with my new-to-me PRE SE Bernie Marsden (2015 I think), and I am smitten. So much, that I long for a 2017. Is this normal? I know people have more than one guitar, but of the (essentially) same model?
Welcome to the #1 “enablers club”, although it doesn’t seem like you need any encouragement!

Congrats on the Bernie! Spectacular guitars. Soon you'll be wondering if 2 are enough! Welcome!

Back