Introduce yourself!

Hello I'm Tim and I've been a lurker since I got my first PRS CE 24 back in October. A couple weeks ago I discovered those limited edition reclaimed wood models. I though they were pretty cool looking. I soon realized I missed the boat on these models as they seem to have sold out long ago. Just for giggles I checked ebay and I found one that was just listed for a reasonable price. Thought about it for a day and decided what the hell and bought it. It arrived looking brand new. I just installed a Mann bridge and black pickup rings. It also has a brighter tone than my other CE 24 even with the standard bridge I replaced. The Mann 2040 makes it even more so.
XcftYaO.jpg

Nice pair.
Welcome to the forum Tim.
Hello I'm Tim and I've been a lurker since I got my first PRS CE 24 back in October. A couple weeks ago I discovered those limited edition reclaimed wood models. I though they were pretty cool looking. I soon realized I missed the boat on these models as they seem to have sold out long ago. Just for giggles I checked ebay and I found one that was just listed for a reasonable price. Thought about it for a day and decided what the hell and bought it. It arrived looking brand new. I just installed a Mann bridge and black pickup rings. It also has a brighter tone than my other CE 24 even with the standard bridge I replaced. The Mann 2040 makes it even more so.
XcftYaO.jpg

Novice player - started 8 years ago in my late 30's. I have always had a Strat and a Martin acoustic. Always loved the birds on the PRS and thought the guitars were beautiful, but I was brainwashed about Strats because of Hendrix, SRV, Clapton, and Mayer. Not to say they're not awesome and historic. I'm embarrassed to say it was Mayer playing a PRS that made me explore more. I was kind of waiting on the new Mayer PRS guitar to come out, but decided I wanted a traditional PRS first. Last month I bought a used 2011 Custom 24 for $18,500. Here are two pics - https://imgur.com/jkTqrt3 - https://imgur.com/VbvlybR - Love it!

Novice player - started 8 years ago in my late 30's. I have always had a Strat and a Martin acoustic. Always loved the birds on the PRS and thought the guitars were beautiful, but I was brainwashed about Strats because of Hendrix, SRV, Clapton, and Mayer. Not to say they're not awesome and historic. I'm embarrassed to say it was Mayer playing a PRS that made me explore more. I was kind of waiting on the new Mayer PRS guitar to come out, but decided I wanted a traditional PRS first. Last month I bought a used 2011 Custom 24 for $18,500. Here are two pics - https://imgur.com/jkTqrt3 - https://imgur.com/VbvlybR - Love it!

Congrats on your first! Welcome to the forum

Nice Guitar.
I’m curious what currency you paid for it in.

I'm sorry - that was a typo! I paid $1,850 USD.
As someone who’s new to the ways of the PRS sub-species, I can’t tell you how relieved I am to hear that... I was beginning to wonder if I’d landed on some alien planet by mistake! I was too scared to ask the question myself.

Lovely guitar - enjoy! And nice pick too...

-Ray

As someone who’s new to the ways of the PRS sub-species, I can’t tell you how relieved I am to hear that... I was beginning to wonder if I’d landed on some alien planet by mistake! I was too scared to ask the question myself.

Lovely guitar - enjoy! And nice pick too...

-Ray

Hahaha! It would have to have real gold inlays! I made those picks myself and have a bunch. Here are photos of two picks I've made. DM me if you want a few.

https://imgur.com/6ZKAaWk
https://imgur.com/oPhPTUc

Hahaha! It would have to have real gold inlays! I made those picks myself and have a bunch. Here are photos of two picks I've made. DM me if you want a few.

https://imgur.com/6ZKAaWk
https://imgur.com/oPhPTUc
It’s hard to tell for sure but in the photos they look like oversized picks. If so, I probably wouldn’t use them. But if they’re normal size and the photo is just a bit distorted, I’d love a few.

-Ray

I’ve jumped into a couple of threads without an intro - where ARE my manners?

I’m Ray. I live near Philly but have lived for notable chunks of time in Baltimore, Tucson, Colorado Rockies, Puget Sound area. But we’ve been near Philly for 25 years and are probably here to stay. Particularly now that we have a Super Bowl team and can throw off those shackles...

Been playing guitar since I was 18, 40 years ago. But it was basically 8-10 years of playing a LOT followed by about 30ish playing barely at all. I always had one electric and one acoustic, mostly a mid-70s strat and a 1968 Martin D-28, both of which I bought shortly after I started, but I finally gave up on my playing about 10 years ago and sold those and got a couple of cheap placeholders, just to have something to grab on occasion. I’ve probably only played enough to have callouses a couple of short periods in those 30 years. But about a year ago, I got back into it with a fury and now I’m playing a ton again.

Have another strat (Classic Player 50s with some wiring mods) and another Martin (000-15M). But I seem to have mellowed a lot in my older years and I also picked up an Ibanez semi hollow with humbuckers that I picked up in a Guitar Center one day and instantly fell in love with, much to my surprise, And it’s totally displaced the strat as my #1. I’m not into owning a lot of guitars - I can’t do em justice and it just ends up confusing me. So one or two electrics and an acoustic is what I’m happiest with. I was always a blues rock guy, but now I’m just a blues guy with a mellower, almost jazzier feel to my blues playing. So the strat seems to just be there for the occasional quack sound or another lame attempt to play Hendrix. I’m not a terrible player, but I’m decent only within an incredibly narrow range. Out of 360 degrees of possib,e musical expression, I’m OK within about a degree, maybe a degree and a half. I played out a lot as a kid (bands, a regular duo, sat in with lots of folks, more jam sessions than I can remember) but now I’m mostly a man-cave player with an occasional jam session with a buddy. But loopers and both backing tracks and tutorials online make being a man cave player a lot more fun now that it would have been 30 years ago.

Thinking about a 60th birthday present of a really nice dream guitar, which brings me here. I’ll never do justice to a great guitar but I’ll still enjoy the hell out of. I don’t turn 60 until next year but it could happen sometime in my 60th year I guess. Haven’t started really trying out PRS yet, aside from a Custon 24 I played for about five minutes once that I sort of liked, but didn’t love. I’ve gotten obsessed with the thought of a 594, but will probably play other stuff too and see if anything really grabs me. I usually fall in love with the feel of a guitar within minutes of picking it up if I’m gonna. If I like the feel, I can usually find the sounds I like - if I don’t like the feel pretty quickly, it ends there. So, if I fall in love with a PRS in the next few months, I’ll join the club. And if I don’t, I’ll probably fall in love with something else or just sit tight with what I’ve got. Any of which are fine options. If I find something I live, it’ll replace on or both of my current electrics. If not, I may hang onto both or maybe just the Ibanez.

But I’ll be around here for awhile at least soaking up information. Thanks in advance...

-Ray

What's up Ray!!?? Glad to have you! Jump right in. It's a great place to gather info...and receive enabling errr, I meant support.o_O oh and we have a lot of fun too...:D

It’s hard to tell for sure but in the photos they look like oversized picks. If so, I probably wouldn’t use them. But if they’re normal size and the photo is just a bit distorted, I’d love a few.

-Ray
They're just normal picks in thickness 0.8.

Hello, my name is Mike. My 3rd PRS is in transit to me now, a beautiful 594 wood library artist. I owned a couple of different Cu22 artists over the years but sadly, they are no longer with me. Hopefully the 594 will be a long time resident!

Welcome to the forum.
Don’t forget photos when the 594 arrives.
Hello, my name is Mike. My 3rd PRS is in transit to me now, a beautiful 594 wood library artist. I owned a couple of different Cu22 artists over the years but sadly, they are no longer with me. Hopefully the 594 will be a long time resident!

Hey Mike! Looking forward to seeing your stable of PRS! Congrats on the 594! Welcome to the forum!

Hello. My name is Joe and I am a new PRS owner. I am also a new player and I am trying to improve as quickly as I can. My first PRS is a Custom 24 in Black Gold Burst. I looked for quite a while before buying. My local dealer showed my the guitar when it arrived at the store and I decided almost immediately it was going home with me. It is a very nice guitar - looks great and sounds great. So, now the only missing element is my ability to play it. I am looking forward to participating in the forum.

Hey Joe...welcome to the forum! Nice choice for a first...you are not alone man. I just picked it up last summer...stay after it. The guys around here are extremely helpful and are some of the best peeps I've encountered since I've started playing. Glad you're here!

Oh a couple of things...your "local dealer" will take on a whole new meaning...and post some pics we love pics! Especially the ones that only come here to "read the articles"....:D

Hello. My name is Joe and I am a new PRS owner. I am also a new player and I am trying to improve as quickly as I can. My first PRS is a Custom 24 in Black Gold Burst. I looked for quite a while before buying. My local dealer showed my the guitar when it arrived at the store and I decided almost immediately it was going home with me. It is a very nice guitar - looks great and sounds great. So, now the only missing element is my ability to play it. I am looking forward to participating in the forum.
Hey Joe!

Where you goin’ with that black gold in your hand?:D

Welcome to all the new recruits

Back