Introduce yourself!

After lurking for a while, I thought I might as well introduce myself. I've been playing guitar(badly) for more years than I care to think about and honestly thought I'd finally rounded out the herd...yeah, right. Anyway, I was looking at new amps at a local dealer when I happen to grab a used SE off the wall to give it a try. As I'd never played a PRS before, I was blown away. So immediately the thought turned from new amp, to new guitar, a PRS. Unfortunately, there isn't a dealer in my state, so I made the trip to another state fully expecting to purchase the Trampas Green SE Custom 24 I'd found on their website, but for whatever reason, I just didn't jell with that guitar. As I was wondering around thinking I'd made a wasted trip, my daughter noticed a used SE that was hanging on the rack. It was a 2015 30th Anniversary SE Custom 24 in Chestnut. Oh boy, that was the one I fell in love with and that's the one that came home with me. I'm still amazed by the playablity, the quality, the finish and the different tones that I can coax out of this thing and the fact that it's their import guitar! I'm already long gone, as I've starting thinking about dumping my Les Paul and adding a stoptail USA PRS to the herd...

Welcome to the forum! Happy to see you picked up on the correct action so soon.......more PRS!

Welcome Lister! We're glad to have you! Post up some pics of that beautiful thing! So what are you thinking about trading the LP in on? My second was a Chris Robertson Signature, it's a blast to play and it's a tonal monster with an adjustable stoptail! My next singlecut will be a Bernie Marsden Sig. Also wiyh a stoptail! I've been lusting over that one for months! They are like potato chips...can't have just one!

Hi, I'm Andy from Yorkshire in the UK, loved a PRS guitars from first seeing them in my youth in Guitarist magazine.
I'm fortunate enough to have five PRS at the moment, three PS, an '89 Custom 10 top and an S2 Singlecut. All are great, I do own a few other makes as well as a few amps.
The forum seems like a great source of knowledge on all things PRS, as well as fuelling the GAS with some eye candy.

bom dia a todos! meu nome é fenando sou do brasil conheci o fórum através do site (prsguitars) a um ano comprei uma prs modern eagle quatro na loja de um amigo, ela veio sem o case paguei um preço menor é claro mas desde então procuro comprar o case original ou similar (case paysley)e se alguém puder me ajudar serei grato, o mais difícil é o envio para o brasil, de qualquer forma lendo alguns post achei o fórum muito interessante

bom dia a todos! meu nome é fenando sou do brasil conheci o fórum através do site (prsguitars) a um ano comprei uma prs modern eagle quatro na loja de um amigo, ela veio sem o case paguei um preço menor é claro mas desde então procuro comprar o case original ou similar (case paysley)e se alguém puder me ajudar serei grato, o mais difícil é o envio para o brasil, de qualquer forma lendo alguns post achei o fórum muito interessante

Ah, so you’re saying.... ok I have no idea what you’re saying...:)

Hi Andy! Glad you're here! Sounds like you got quite the head start there! ...we are gonna need to see pics of all these beauties of course! Oh, and as a new member there is a one time fee of one of your PS PRSi as soon as you post pics I'll message you my address:D welcome to the forum!

Welcome Lister! We're glad to have you! Post up some pics of that beautiful thing! So what are you thinking about trading the LP in on? My second was a Chris Robertson Signature, it's a blast to play and it's a tonal monster with an adjustable stoptail! My next singlecut will be a Bernie Marsden Sig. Also wiyh a stoptail! I've been lusting over that one for months! They are like potato chips...can't have just one!

Thanks! Here's a couple from my phone. Not the greatest but they'll have to do for now. The only things I've changed so far is the PRS TRC and the amber lampshades which I think compliments the binding and chestnut better than the black. A custom TRC is next and then I'll probably leave well enough alone as I'm pretty happy with her the way she is.

aEO7trmm.jpg
8axT2AFm.jpg
KqSTCagm.jpg

I'm not sure what PRS is next to be 100% honest. I'd love to play an SE One Korina, Jr's are one of my favorites. The S2 studio looks interesting, but without a local dealer, I'm not sure I'd find one to even play. The S2 Singlecut also looks interesting...so many choices which really explodes if you add in the used market. But, the hunt is half the fun, right?

DAAAYYYMMMNNN! This just got serious! Way to break bad my man...now about the other rule...my address will be in your inbox momentarily. I'm not picky any of these beauties will be just fine! I'm easy. :D way to make a grand entrance dude! Welcome to the forum...again.

I’ve jumped into a couple of threads without an intro - where ARE my manners?

I’m Ray. I live near Philly but have lived for notable chunks of time in Baltimore, Tucson, Colorado Rockies, Puget Sound area. But we’ve been near Philly for 25 years and are probably here to stay. Particularly now that we have a Super Bowl team and can throw off those shackles...

Been playing guitar since I was 18, 40 years ago. But it was basically 8-10 years of playing a LOT followed by about 30ish playing barely at all. I always had one electric and one acoustic, mostly a mid-70s strat and a 1968 Martin D-28, both of which I bought shortly after I started, but I finally gave up on my playing about 10 years ago and sold those and got a couple of cheap placeholders, just to have something to grab on occasion. I’ve probably only played enough to have callouses a couple of short periods in those 30 years. But about a year ago, I got back into it with a fury and now I’m playing a ton again.

Have another strat (Classic Player 50s with some wiring mods) and another Martin (000-15M). But I seem to have mellowed a lot in my older years and I also picked up an Ibanez semi hollow with humbuckers that I picked up in a Guitar Center one day and instantly fell in love with, much to my surprise, And it’s totally displaced the strat as my #1. I’m not into owning a lot of guitars - I can’t do em justice and it just ends up confusing me. So one or two electrics and an acoustic is what I’m happiest with. I was always a blues rock guy, but now I’m just a blues guy with a mellower, almost jazzier feel to my blues playing. So the strat seems to just be there for the occasional quack sound or another lame attempt to play Hendrix. I’m not a terrible player, but I’m decent only within an incredibly narrow range. Out of 360 degrees of possib,e musical expression, I’m OK within about a degree, maybe a degree and a half. I played out a lot as a kid (bands, a regular duo, sat in with lots of folks, more jam sessions than I can remember) but now I’m mostly a man-cave player with an occasional jam session with a buddy. But loopers and both backing tracks and tutorials online make being a man cave player a lot more fun now that it would have been 30 years ago.

Thinking about a 60th birthday present of a really nice dream guitar, which brings me here. I’ll never do justice to a great guitar but I’ll still enjoy the hell out of. I don’t turn 60 until next year but it could happen sometime in my 60th year I guess. Haven’t started really trying out PRS yet, aside from a Custon 24 I played for about five minutes once that I sort of liked, but didn’t love. I’ve gotten obsessed with the thought of a 594, but will probably play other stuff too and see if anything really grabs me. I usually fall in love with the feel of a guitar within minutes of picking it up if I’m gonna. If I like the feel, I can usually find the sounds I like - if I don’t like the feel pretty quickly, it ends there. So, if I fall in love with a PRS in the next few months, I’ll join the club. And if I don’t, I’ll probably fall in love with something else or just sit tight with what I’ve got. Any of which are fine options. If I find something I live, it’ll replace on or both of my current electrics. If not, I may hang onto both or maybe just the Ibanez.

But I’ll be around here for awhile at least soaking up information. Thanks in advance...

-Ray

I’ve jumped into a couple of threads without an intro - where ARE my manners?

I’m Ray. I live near Philly but have lived for notable chunks of time in Baltimore, Tucson, Colorado Rockies, Puget Sound area. But we’ve been near Philly for 25 years and are probably here to stay. Particularly now that we have a Super Bowl team and can throw off those shackles...

Been playing guitar since I was 18, 40 years ago. But it was basically 8-10 years of playing a LOT followed by about 30ish playing barely at all. I always had one electric and one acoustic, mostly a mid-70s strat and a 1968 Martin D-28, both of which I bought shortly after I started, but I finally gave up on my playing about 10 years ago and sold those and got a couple of cheap placeholders, just to have something to grab on occasion. I’ve probably only played enough to have callouses a couple of short periods in those 30 years. But about a year ago, I got back into it with a fury and now I’m playing a ton again.

Have another strat (Classic Player 50s with some wiring mods) and another Martin (000-15M). But I seem to have mellowed a lot in my older years and I also picked up an Ibanez semi hollow with humbuckers that I picked up in a Guitar Center one day and instantly fell in love with, much to my surprise, And it’s totally displaced the strat as my #1. I’m not into owning a lot of guitars - I can’t do em justice and it just ends up confusing me. So one or two electrics and an acoustic is what I’m happiest with. I was always a blues rock guy, but now I’m just a blues guy with a mellower, almost jazzier feel to my blues playing. So the strat seems to just be there for the occasional quack sound or another lame attempt to play Hendrix. I’m not a terrible player, but I’m decent only within an incredibly narrow range. Out of 360 degrees of possib,e musical expression, I’m OK within about a degree, maybe a degree and a half. I played out a lot as a kid (bands, a regular duo, sat in with lots of folks, more jam sessions than I can remember) but now I’m mostly a man-cave player with an occasional jam session with a buddy. But loopers and both backing tracks and tutorials online make being a man cave player a lot more fun now that it would have been 30 years ago.

Thinking about a 60th birthday present of a really nice dream guitar, which brings me here. I’ll never do justice to a great guitar but I’ll still enjoy the hell out of. I don’t turn 60 until next year but it could happen sometime in my 60th year I guess. Haven’t started really trying out PRS yet, aside from a Custon 24 I played for about five minutes once that I sort of liked, but didn’t love. I’ve gotten obsessed with the thought of a 594, but will probably play other stuff too and see if anything really grabs me. I usually fall in love with the feel of a guitar within minutes of picking it up if I’m gonna. If I like the feel, I can usually find the sounds I like - if I don’t like the feel pretty quickly, it ends there. So, if I fall in love with a PRS in the next few months, I’ll join the club. And if I don’t, I’ll probably fall in love with something else or just sit tight with what I’ve got. Any of which are fine options. If I find something I live, it’ll replace on or both of my current electrics. If not, I may hang onto both or maybe just the Ibanez.

But I’ll be around here for awhile at least soaking up information. Thanks in advance...

-Ray

Welcome neighbor. Good luck in your PRS journey.

Back