Introduce yourself!

I'm not much of a talker, and much less a player, but I do enjoy guitars and appreciate the folks sharing knowledge/experience/etc. on this forum. I recently bought my first PRS; a Grey/Black 2007 SE Custom, and was amazed at how well I bonded with it. The nut width and scale length felt "just right", and the body size, shape and weight felt almost perfect to me.

Now, I don't have GAS, but I am a curious sort, so I began contemplating if a beveled top and wide-thin neck might feel even more perfect, and the next thing I know, a Semi-Hollow somehow arrives to confirm my thoughts (it's the one in my profile pic). The great thing is that the second, while it does feel more comfortable, has not diminished my fondness for the first one.

I hope to be able to get some decent pics made at home. In the meantime, I'll put up a couple I pulled from the seller listings...

OCQn2sem.jpg
fXwcBbym.jpg
Welcome AllenTN nice brace

Hi my name is Bill,I live in Scotland South Lanarkshire and started learning 3 years ago at 64 i'm a late starter.Loving every minute and spending too much money for my skills but Hay ho.Next purchase is a 2004 McCarty,will it make me a better player ? don't think so.Told my wife it will :)

Hi my name is Bill,I live in Scotland South Lanarkshire and started learning 3 years ago at 64 i'm a late starter.Loving every minute and spending too much money for my skills but Hay ho.Next purchase is a 2004 McCarty,will it make me a better player ? don't think so.Told my wife it will :)
Welcome Bill, I’m in Scotland too.
Never too old to start and a good instrument makes it more enjoyable to practice, so there’s logic to your theory!

Hi Guys (and Ladies?) -

New member been lurking and posting over the past couple of months. Getting to love this forum, its cast of characters, and the wealth of info here. Currently have a 2017 CU22 SE with a few upgrades - my "go to" guitar and couldn't be happier with it - such a beautiful vintage look to it while being modern at the same time (I guess that's a PRS, right?) Bummed I sold my 2009 SE CU22 - that thing with the wraparound tail and original SE pups was just a solid tone machine. I see a core model in the near future - I just need to get over "justifying to myself".

A few other things about me... based in the Boston suburbs, but since I travel so much for work, I'm always on the lookout for great guitar shops wherever I travel (last great find was Moore Music in Evansville, IN); recently started taking lessons again after playing for over 35 years (hey, I can get out of this rut!); and, I'd like to remove the stigma associated with owning/playing Hello Kitty stringed instruments. :p

See you around...

Richard

Last edited:
Guitar player from Wisconsin here. I have an SE Torero (2008 I believe) along with a Strat and a G&L, and I'm looking to add another PRS to my guitar collection soon.

Welcome to the forum Charles. Best of luck with the PRS shopping!

Nothing like a little Yuletide consumer therapy.

Back