Introduce yourself!

Hi All,

New PRS owner in the UK. I went into the guitar store to buy a Fender Stratocaster and came out with a PRS CE24. You know how it is.

Fantastic guitar. Can't put it down. Do have a small issue, which I'll create a separate post for. Hopefully someone out there can help.

Relatively new to guitar and have been playing for about 2 years. Own an old Yamaha, a Hagstrom Ultra Swede, Taylor 214CE and Taylor T5z.

I still think I'll get that Fender...

Hello from Florida's west coast.
I'm Dave, the dog in the avatar is Charlotte.
Long time PRS owner. Got my first Custom 22 in 1998.
Still have it.
The next came shortly after, but we never bonded.
Also had an SE Soapbar for a while.
Looking forward to being part of this group and participating where I can.
Hi Dave. We need more Daves here... I think...

Hello there,

My name is Joe. New to this forum but not to PRS. My first PRS was a 2006 custom 24 in natural which I still have, followed by another '95 custom 24, a McSoapy IRW, a custom 22 soapy, and a 513.

I like long walks on the beach, kittens, and stuff like that.

Hello there,

My name is Joe. New to this forum but not to PRS. My first PRS was a 2006 custom 24 in natural which I still have, followed by another '95 custom 24, a McSoapy IRW, a custom 22 soapy, and a 513.

I like long walks on the beach, kittens, and stuff like that.
Howdy Joe!:)

Izzy here from Los Angeles! Plays mostly Gibson's until a friend introduced me to PRS. Heard a lot about the brand but never owned one until 2 weeks ago. Not the high end one (Santana SE first edition) and immediately fell in love with it right away. The weight, sound and feel is perfect. Can't say that I love it more than the Gibson LPs but I'd say that it's very very close. Hopefully, I didn't offend anyone. Great forum, btw!

Izzy here from Los Angeles! Plays mostly Gibson's until a friend introduced me to PRS. Heard a lot about the brand but never owned one until 2 weeks ago. Not the high end one (Santana SE first edition) and immediately fell in love with it right away. The weight, sound and feel is perfect. Can't say that I love it more than the Gibson LPs but I'd say that it's very very close. Hopefully, I didn't offend anyone. Great forum, btw!

Hey Izzy, welcome to the Forum. Congrats on your first PRS too. Surely, it won't be your last :D

Hi everybody. I'm very new to PRS and to guitars as a whole. I've been playing bass for about 2 years off and on. I'm not very good, but I love it!

One benefit of having discovered this love at a later age is that I have some disposable income to get the instruments that I really want. I went to Sweetwater Gearfest last month and attended a "clinic" with PRS and Rhonda Smith. I completely and utterly fell in love with her bass. Before this I never really considered PRS for basses. I've always admired how pretty their guitars were, but without knowing the first thing about guitars I never really considered them.

My husband and I went to the PRS tent after that and they had ONE Gary Grainger bass there. It was pretty, but again I just didn't get it. Then I played it. OMG I've never felt comfortable on a fretboard until that instrument. Paul Reed Smith and Rhonda Smith signed the bass for me and I cannot be happier with it.

I discovered this forum looking for what my bass would look like in purple and that lead me down the rabbit hole of Private Stock Friday. I have now finished all 396 pages and wish there was more. I do have one complaint, not enough basses. I do know that this is a guitar thread but still.

When I add a bass to my stable again, it will probably be an oughts EB or a teens GG. The EB would be nice for the maple bolt-neck snap, but the GG is a looker for sure. How cool that you got Rhonda's signature on your GG, she is a total badass!

New to forum, but not new to PRS. Currently loving a 2000 Violet Singlecut and a 20th DCS McCarty. Have had a Grissom ,Tremonti, Custom 22, and two other McCarty's. All lovely guitars, but flipped them for other respective models from time to time. Really enjoy the forum for the vast knowledge and fun reading. Hang Tags, wiring, pickup information, general history and other things I have random interest in. Good stuff here.

When I add a bass to my stable again, it will probably be an oughts EB or a teens GG. The EB would be nice for the maple bolt-neck snap, but the GG is a looker for sure. How cool that you got Rhonda's signature on your GG, she is a total badass!
Rhonda is a super badass! She was also very nice and made me realize that I don't have to have massive hands to play bass well.

Welcome, Draca and Nikolas!

You're right, Draca, there isn't enough bass on the forum. It's now up to you to fill that void. :D

Back