Introduce yourself!

Thanks for the warm welcome!
Can anyone offer me some assistance. I'm quite small, and my hands are pretty small (I'm a girl and I'm a girl with small hands). I originally had my eyes dead set on the Santana SE, but I've heard the wide/fat neck might be too thick for me? So now I'm thinking about the custom 24 se in trampas green.. I won't be able to play any of these to try them out as I'm overseas but if anyone has any guidance or advice...? Also idk if this is the right forum page to post this on but advice would be greatly appreciated

Likewise Faye. Against all my assumptions, I am comfortable on the wide fat neck of a PRS Baritone as well as the thin neck of the CE 24. Have you no second hand guitar shops near you that might have a PRS to try?

Hello,
My name is Ted. I came home from Sweetwater's Gearfest with my first USA PRS model.

I was first introduced to PRS almost three years ago when my daughter, who was about ready to turn 16, wanted to upgrade her first guitar from the Agile AL-2000. After trying a few guitars out, she settled on the PRS SE Custom 24 "Floyd". I was set aback by the quality of the guitar. A year or so ago, I purchased a used PRS Torero (I like neck through instruments) whose pickups were removed. I installed EMG's and then went about experimenting with swapping out the chrome hardware for black to see if it would be difficult at all- this was because my daughter wants black hardware on her guitar.

Working on them, I've gained an appreciation for them even though these are Korean made guitars.So at my local music stores I was curious about the USA models, and was simply blown away!

Since both of my daughters are musicians (the 19 year old plays guitar and my 23 year old is a singer), for four years running we make a family trip to Sweetwater's gearfest. This year I walked away with a PRS Custom 24 Floyd Rose in Violet. Paul Reed Smith was in the tent when I bought it and was kind enough to sign it for me! We've met him a handful of times, and he's all gracious.

Honestly, Violet is not my first choice, but this guitar will be willed to my daughter who's PRS CE Custom 24 "Floyd" is...you guessed it...Violet. It may even be a college graduation present, but we'll see.

See you around the forums,
Ted

Introducing myself on PRSguitars. Looking, if possible, for some much needed guidance. Long story short: When my son was about 10 years old, he wanted guitar lessons and so I took him for lessons for about two years until his interest waned. Problem is, over that time, while waiting for his lessons to end, I began looking at, and eventually purchasing a bunch of guitars. Fast forward to 2017 and I have a bunch of guitars in their cases which have never been played and only come out of their respective cases twice a year to get tuned. They are kept in an area of low humidity and have all stayed truly pristine. Now Im at a point of thinking about what to do with them. My 27 year old son no longer plays and has no interest in them and I'm not remotely sure to what I should do with them. My question (finally) is: I own two PRS Private Stocks that are numbered in the 100-150 number range, an orange Santana with brazilian neck and a tigers eye hollow body. Are the lower number PRS PS valued at a greater amount because they are rarer in new condition or does it all depend on the market. Back when I bought all of these, I knew a relative great deal about all of it, but 17 years later I haven't stayed on top of any of it and would greatly appreciate any input. Thank you and all the best. I can't send any pictures because as a new member they request no links until three posts and, to be honest, I've never taken any pictures of them.

Last edited:
Welcome Rob.
It's a shame to have all that stuff just sitting in a case. I wouldn't expect Private Stock numbers in that range in and of themselves to increase value much. The used Private Stock market hasn't been great recently. That said a Brazilian Santana should get some interest and tigers eye is always a good colour - double the goodness on a hollow body.

Welcome Rob.
It's a shame to have all that stuff just sitting in a case. I wouldn't expect Private Stock numbers in that range in and of themselves to increase value much. The used Private Stock market hasn't been great recently. That said a Brazilian Santana should get some interest and tigers eye is always a good colour - double the goodness on a hollow body.
Thank you. I have always been in the camp that feels that guitars are built to be played and not to be just looked at. Unfortunately, the plan in 2000 was that my son would go on to a lifetime of playing and, as he got older, would have a great playing collection. It never did work out that way and, as a result, I'm on the opposite side of my own argument about playing versus collecting. :)

Welcome Ted.
Nice to see that music is a family affair.

Great to be able to share the experience with your children. Welcome.

Yeah, when most families discussed religion or politics around the dinner table we would discuss music. I'd show them artists they were unaware of (my oldest to this days says her Joan Jett.Runaways addiction is my fault!) and they'd introduce me to new artists, like Periphery.

Hello fellow PRS ers! Steve from NC. Been reading on the forum for a while now. Great group of people on here. Thought you guys were kidding about the addiction to these guitars until I bought my 4th one last night. It really is hard to resist. Glad to finally join. Will post some pics once no.4 shows. Thanks for having me

Hello everyone. I just got my first PRS. My wife got it for my me, anniversary present. I've been looking at them for a while but could not make up my mind. I'm also fairly new to electric guitars so I could not justify the cost. She took care of that and I'm a proud owner of a Custom 24 in Fire Red Burst. Super excited. Now I need to figure out what amp to buy to get the best sound out of it.

Hello,
My name is Ted. I came home from Sweetwater's Gearfest with my first USA PRS model.

I was first introduced to PRS almost three years ago when my daughter, who was about ready to turn 16, wanted to upgrade her first guitar from the Agile AL-2000. After trying a few guitars out, she settled on the PRS SE Custom 24 "Floyd". I was set aback by the quality of the guitar. A year or so ago, I purchased a used PRS Torero (I like neck through instruments) whose pickups were removed. I installed EMG's and then went about experimenting with swapping out the chrome hardware for black to see if it would be difficult at all- this was because my daughter wants black hardware on her guitar.

Working on them, I've gained an appreciation for them even though these are Korean made guitars.So at my local music stores I was curious about the USA models, and was simply blown away!

Since both of my daughters are musicians (the 19 year old plays guitar and my 23 year old is a singer), for four years running we make a family trip to Sweetwater's gearfest. This year I walked away with a PRS Custom 24 Floyd Rose in Violet. Paul Reed Smith was in the tent when I bought it and was kind enough to sign it for me! We've met him a handful of times, and he's all gracious.

Honestly, Violet is not my first choice, but this guitar will be willed to my daughter who's PRS CE Custom 24 "Floyd" is...you guessed it...Violet. It may even be a college graduation present, but we'll see.

See you around the forums,
Ted

Very cool.. The gear fest is quite an event.

Hey everyone. Thanks for letting me in the door. I'm pretty new to PRS actually. I had one many years ago - I think it was a black McCarty - but I didn't have it long. Not exactly sure why but as is often the case, I was much younger and things were more unpredictable.

Flash forward to 2017..... I fell in love with a Paul's Guitar online earlier this year. Couldn't get it out of my mind. Watched more reviews and online demos than I can even remember. Kept going back hoping it had sold but it hadn't. So I sent the email.... and now I own it. Took me a while to figure it out. We almost didn't connect. It wasn't like the Fenders I grew up playing or the Gibsons I've now played for the last couple of years. I had to let it be itself I guess.

But wait there's more. Now it also has a McCarty 594 and Hollowbody II to keep it company. And another possibly on the way....

Hey everyone. Thanks for letting me in the door. I'm pretty new to PRS actually. I had one many years ago - I think it was a black McCarty - but I didn't have it long. Not exactly sure why but as is often the case, I was much younger and things were more unpredictable.

Flash forward to 2017..... I fell in love with a Paul's Guitar online earlier this year. Couldn't get it out of my mind. Watched more reviews and online demos than I can even remember. Kept going back hoping it had sold but it hadn't. So I sent the email.... and now I own it. Took me a while to figure it out. We almost didn't connect. It wasn't like the Fenders I grew up playing or the Gibsons I've now played for the last couple of years. I had to let it be itself I guess.

But wait there's more. Now it also has a McCarty 594 and Hollowbody II to keep it company. And another possibly on the way....

Welcome to the Forum. Glad to hear you've joined us all on the slippery slope. Not all addictions are bad!

Hello from Florida's west coast.
I'm Dave, the dog in the avatar is Charlotte.
Long time PRS owner. Got my first Custom 22 in 1998.
Still have it.
The next came shortly after, but we never bonded.
Also had an SE Soapbar for a while.
Looking forward to being part of this group and participating where I can.

Back