Introduce yourself!

As it seems there is not a specific area I introduce myself here.
My name is Alberto, from italy.
I own several guitars... most gibson but also an american strat, a semiacoustic ibanez and other.
Two days ago I bought my first PRS... a 2017 santana SE..
AWESOME guitar.
see you around
;)

I own several guitars... most gibson but also an american strat, a semiacoustic ibanez and other.
AWESOME guitar.
see you around
;)

Hi Alberto, welcome to the Forum! Congrats on your first PRS.

AWESOME guitar.
see you around
;)

Jump in! Good group here.

Hi my name is Bob and live in the highlands of Scotland I have had SE models before but mainly played Les Pauls and have one strat.. Yesterday I part exed a 2015 Les Paul standard for a 2001 Singlecut 22 (lawsuit model?) and am blown away by the tone I have yet to get used to how taught the strings are on the PRS for bending notes and do have problems with my fingers getting damaged and opening up which sure gives you the blues and may have to become a bit of a princess and put 8's on

Hi my name is Bob and live in the highlands of Scotland I have had SE models before but mainly played Les Pauls and have one strat.. Yesterday I part exed a 2015 Les Paul standard for a 2001 Singlecut 22 (lawsuit model?) and am blown away by the tone I have yet to get used to how taught the strings are on the PRS for bending notes and do have problems with my fingers getting damaged and opening up which sure gives you the blues and may have to become a bit of a princess and put 8's on

If you get joy from music then why not? Welcome.

Hi, I'm Martin and new to this forums.
I've been playing for 24 years now and Ive had several guitars from Parker to Jackson you name it.
You have to grow up sometime and in several aspects of my life, I found joy in a more simplistic approach to gear. In other words, just keep what you need and really love.
To be honest I'm a single coil strat kind of guy, I have an american stratocaster with some upgrades and I absolutely love that guitar and its going to stay with me forever, but then again, the same
goes for my PRS CE 24 2016. It was only logical that since I love strats that much, a CE was going to be my first PRS. You know, bolt on, mapple neck, just feel at home with it and love it.
This one is only staying with me until the end.

When I was in the market for a humbucker guitar the CE was the logical option, like many of you I've been lusting for a PRS since I was a teen that could never afford one at the time.
I hate Les Pauls, the feel like a brick to me (please don`t hate me if you own one) so for me the CE fits like a glove.

Glad to be here
Welcome aboard. If you like the tone of a LP, but not the brick feeling, you may want to consider a PRS McCarty PRS 594 single cut (or double cut for that matter)

Xavier,

Welcome aboard & it sounds like you have a plan that you are ready to execute. I totally understand the "lighter color" part of your plan :)

Xavier, good mention about the quality of tone trumping the color ...
Welcome DJ.
You'll need a roadie to carry all your stuff by the time we're done with you.

Jumped in head first yesterday without introducing myself. Humble apology! I am a band member of a 4-piece blues group that most recently switched back to classics rock realizing we are old guys, and not a show band. I've been playing since I was 8, but put my garage band double cutaway '64 Hagstrom Cromwell dubbed "Cry Me" (same as seen on David Bowie except with Kent logo) away for years. Only played it when I couldn't sleep (one bout against my ear, the other on the hardwood floor. Cheap amp & real harmonics! I am a singer & published songwriter. In addition to my Cromwell Hagstrom, I own (2) customs (Les Paul style w/ Seymour Duncan JB & Jazz pups named "Boogie", and a swamp ash duplicate shape of the body on "Cry Me" w/ a set of three active EMG's (of course she is "Emmy G"). In addition I have a '96 MIJ Fender Strat, a Dean Performer acoustic, & a Dean Playmaker (that I bought for $60 to restore for my grandson), a Brian Setzer Gretsch, and an Epi Tuxedo. (Some things you don't need to name). My latest purchase a unique MSL specified PRS Custom 24. Should arrive in a couple of days. I won't name her until I play it. My guitars are "The Other Woman"! It's about feel, then tone, then looks. I have lots of questions and reading to do on this forum, but the real question....When & where do I get my roadie?

Jumped in head first yesterday without introducing myself. Humble apology! I am a band member of a 4-piece blues group that most recently switched back to classics rock realizing we are old guys, and not a show band. I've been playing since I was 8, but put my garage band double cutaway '64 Hagstrom Cromwell dubbed "Cry Me" (same as seen on David Bowie except with Kent logo) away for years. Only played it when I couldn't sleep (one bout against my ear, the other on the hardwood floor. Cheap amp & real harmonics! I am a singer & published songwriter. In addition to my Cromwell Hagstrom, I own (2) customs (Les Paul style w/ Seymour Duncan JB & Jazz pups named "Boogie", and a swamp ash duplicate shape of the body on "Cry Me" w/ a set of three active EMG's (of course she is "Emmy G"). In addition I have a '96 MIJ Fender Strat, a Dean Performer acoustic, & a Dean Playmaker (that I bought for $60 to restore for my grandson), a Brian Setzer Gretsch, and an Epi Tuxedo. (Some things you don't need to name). My latest purchase a unique MSL specified PRS Custom 24. Should arrive in a couple of days. I won't name her until I play it. My guitars are "The Other Woman"! It's about feel, then tone, then looks. I have lots of questions and reading to do on this forum, but the real question....When & where do I get my roadie?

Welcome to the Forum!

Hi, my name is Coco, I am new to the forums and PRS finally got me!

I play in a couple of bands, drums in one and guitar in the other. Spent years trying hard to like Strats but preferring the Ibanez necks and loving Ricks. Wanted to play LP but the brick and neck thing kept getting in the way. Finally picked up a CE24 and found what I was looking for. Simple when you know where to look ;o)

Followed it up recently with a SE277 baritone and now wondering if I should sell the other guitars and accept my fate!

Hey guys,
Im Faye.

im a PRS newbie and a guitar newbie.
Been playing 2 years and im looking to purchase my first PRS, but i have some questions before i do. Hopefully you all will be able to help me make the right decision!

Hi, my name is Coco, I am new to the forums and PRS finally got me!

I play in a couple of bands, drums in one and guitar in the other. Spent years trying hard to like Strats but preferring the Ibanez necks and loving Ricks. Wanted to play LP but the brick and neck thing kept getting in the way. Finally picked up a CE24 and found what I was looking for. Simple when you know where to look ;o)

Followed it up recently with a SE277 baritone and now wondering if I should sell the other guitars and accept my fate!

Hey Coco, welcome to the Forum. Embrace it with open arms! You've found the slippery slope!

Hey guys,
Im Faye.

im a PRS newbie and a guitar newbie.
Been playing 2 years and im looking to purchase my first PRS, but i have some questions before i do. Hopefully you all will be able to help me make the right decision!

Welcome to the Forum, Faye. Lots of great info here.

Thanks for the warm welcome!
Can anyone offer me some assistance. I'm quite small, and my hands are pretty small (I'm a girl and I'm a girl with small hands). I originally had my eyes dead set on the Santana SE, but I've heard the wide/fat neck might be too thick for me? So now I'm thinking about the custom 24 se in trampas green.. I won't be able to play any of these to try them out as I'm overseas but if anyone has any guidance or advice...? Also idk if this is the right forum page to post this on but advice would be greatly appreciated

Thanks for the warm welcome!
Can anyone offer me some assistance. I'm quite small, and my hands are pretty small (I'm a girl and I'm a girl with small hands). I originally had my eyes dead set on the Santana SE, but I've heard the wide/fat neck might be too thick for me? So now I'm thinking about the custom 24 se in trampas green.. I won't be able to play any of these to try them out as I'm overseas but if anyone has any guidance or advice...? Also idk if this is the right forum page to post this on but advice would be greatly appreciated
You are most welcome to ask questions here, are start a thread on anything you want to know more about.

A PRS wide fat neck is not very fat by general guitar standards. I doubt if you would have a problem with it, unless you have been playing quite a long time and gotten very fussy about neck size.

The Santana SE is such a nice guitar, it would be a shame to pass on it.

Back