Introduce yourself!

image.jpg

Think I got it now!

Hi I am George a proud Prs owner and active player. I currently own a PRS EG4 and play lots of hard and progressive rock.

Hi, I'm Martin and new to this forums.
I've been playing for 24 years now and Ive had several guitars from Parker to Jackson you name it.
You have to grow up sometime and in several aspects of my life, I found joy in a more simplistic approach to gear. In other words, just keep what you need and really love.
To be honest I'm a single coil strat kind of guy, I have an american stratocaster with some upgrades and I absolutely love that guitar and its going to stay with me forever, but then again, the same
goes for my PRS CE 24 2016. It was only logical that since I love strats that much, a CE was going to be my first PRS. You know, bolt on, mapple neck, just feel at home with it and love it.
This one is only staying with me until the end.

When I was in the market for a humbucker guitar the CE was the logical option, like many of you I've been lusting for a PRS since I was a teen that could never afford one at the time.
I hate Les Pauls, the feel like a brick to me (please don`t hate me if you own one) so for me the CE fits like a glove.

Glad to be here

Hi, I'm Martin and new to this forums.
I've been playing for 24 years now and Ive had several guitars from Parker to Jackson you name it.
You have to grow up sometime and in several aspects of my life, I found joy in a more simplistic approach to gear. In other words, just keep what you need and really love.
To be honest I'm a single coil strat kind of guy, I have an american stratocaster with some upgrades and I absolutely love that guitar and its going to stay with me forever, but then again, the same
goes for my PRS CE 24 2016. It was only logical that since I love strats that much, a CE was going to be my first PRS. You know, bolt on, mapple neck, just feel at home with it and love it.
This one is only staying with me until the end.

When I was in the market for a humbucker guitar the CE was the logical option, like many of you I've been lusting for a PRS since I was a teen that could never afford one at the time.
I hate Les Pauls, the feel like a brick to me (please don`t hate me if you own one) so for me the CE fits like a glove.

Glad to be here

There is NOTHING like a glassy single coil Strat. Welcome.

Hi I'm david.
New to the forums and PRS. My utter musical love is JS Bach- I'll be conducting his Mass in B minor-BWV232- in August in Berkeley, CA. I recently purchased two new PRS - S2 CU22 Semi-hollow & a 408- the main reason being that I've come to the conclusion that the Bach solo Cello suites and Violin sonatas and Partitas are far more well suited to the electric instrument than the nylon string guitar. The classical players might be outraged by that - and I don't mean to put them down. I've much respect for that playing; much. I I just think that the sustain and tonal variations of the electric instrument give much greater opportunities for impactful legato and cantabile.
I may well be alone in this opinion. Curious to thoughts of others
I'll use the guitars for some jazz and blues as well

Welcome!
While I've never read a biography of JS Bach I would have to think that he would have been most interested in your updated approach, just as he would have been interested in the interpretation by Wendy Carlos. The sheet music provides the map but the interpretation by the conductor is what brings it to life.

Hey I'm Jamie. Getting ready to score my first PRS. Lot of info here so I might as well get in on it.

Hi Jamie. Welcome to the Forum. What are you looking at for your first?

My friend has a Santana Brazilian limited in black cherry #36. I'm gonna put some pics up on here later to make sure it's not a fake. If it's real I'm gonna buy it this Friday.

Hi, I'm Dan, I'm new to this forum, and I suffer G.A.S. when it comes to a multitude of instruments. Most recently, I got a 2014 PRS 24 Custom Artist Pack. It's my 12th guitar, and quite possibly the leader of the pack. I don't know much about it, so I'm here to learn more about PRS guitars in general. Later, when I can post photos, I'll share photos with it, and maybe people can tell me more about it.

Glad to be here, and looking forward to learning more about PRS guitars.

Hi, I'm Dan, I'm new to this forum, and I suffer G.A.S. when it comes to a multitude of instruments. Most recently, I got a 2014 PRS 24 Custom Artist Pack. It's my 12th guitar, and quite possibly the leader of the pack. I don't know much about it, so I'm here to learn more about PRS guitars in general. Later, when I can post photos, I'll share photos with it, and maybe people can tell me more about it.

Glad to be here, and looking forward to learning more about PRS guitars.

Welcome Dan!!
A Custom 24 is always a good place to start building a PRS collection. Hanging out around here won't help cure that GAS problem...

I certainly hope to not be cured of G.A.S. any time soon. Thank you for the welcome, and as soon as I clear the mark, I'll have some photos of my PRS to share. I'm partially color-blind, so maybe someone can help me with that, too. All I know is that it looks and plays most wonderfully.

Not new to great guitars, but new to PRS. McCarty Charcoal Cherryburst - 10 top (non-artist), rosewood neck, ebony fingerboard. Ready to rock.
s!ApDpUcrNgZzig8RGjM5UilnCXbN2Cg

s!ApDpUcrNgZzig8RGjM5UilnCXbN2Cg

Hi, here's my introduction.

I'm Xavier, American + French nationality, currently living in Hong Kong working in the Identity Security sector.
I took some classical guitar lessons at 8, dropped it because I wasn't learning anything I actually enjoyed listening to (big flaw in the musical education system for young kids IMO, so now when I teach I always check the kinda music kids actually like to listen to first and build my lessons from there) , then picked it up at 14 with a cool rock n roll teacher in Taiwan.

When I wanted my first electric at 14 to play punk rock stuff my dad told me to work for it. So I did painting shutters all summer and bought a Squier Strat.
It's got an Agathis body, weighs a donkey and a half, and couldn't stay in tune at the time so at the time so I had blocked the tremolo.

I'll never sell it for sentimental reasons, but had to make it playable as I evolved, so I upgraded it and kinda learned guitar tech stuff on it:
- Symour Duncan Pickups (Vintage Rails, Lipstick, Hot Rails), wired front to back: Mid - Mid + Neck - Neck - Neck + Bridge - Bridge (to make it easier to quickly find that bright glassy lipstick pickup and get smooth tones from the humbucking pickups)
- Fender locking tuners
- Wheel tree post
- Fender 250 volume pot and 250k No load Tone Pots
- Shielded Cavity
- Wilkinson Tremolo (I had to drill new holes for the bridge posts, did it by hand with a drill, filled the old hole... surprisingly it worked)

Everybody meet Aria

I then started playing acoustic and heavy metal gigs, so I bought over the span of a few years in that order
Gibson SG Goddess
Yamaha CPX 900
Gibson Les Paul Studio Satin

Now at 28 after some saving I realized a dream and bought my first ever PRS guitar, a Custom 24 in a custom brown color with 3-way switch & push/pull
Gotta be honest, I don't really like the color as much as whale blue, trampas green and those other stock colors, but I tried every PRS in the shop with my friend who owns a dozen of them, that was the best sounding one, so... Here she is!

Amp wise I've owned:
H&K Warp 7 Head + cab [now sold]
H&K Switchblade 100 Head + cab [now sold]
Framus 2x12 cab with Vintage 30s [now sold]
_
Fender Greta
Blackstar HT-5r combo

And a bunch of pedals to throw on my Pedaltrain pro, but at the moment I live in a big city without a car so I had to buy a Pedaltrain jr and only throw the stuff I absolutely need for gigs with my current band (playing pop rock, rock and some originals)
Here's my "portable rig" setup:

Photo from the setup at our last gig, I'm lead singer and only have a few solos here and there, so don't need the wah and stuff. The 3 guitars on the rack next to my Gibson and PRS are my friend's wood library x2 and P22, they sound and look amazing :)

I'm currently saving for:
- Mesa Mark V 25 + Thiele cab
- A Swamp Ash body from Warmoth to replace the very dull sounding and heavy Agathis body on Aria (will probably keep it black so it looks like the original and reminds me of the early days even though Warmoth have some amazing translucent finish bodies!)
- A Custom 24 or 22 Piezo and lighter color :D I need 2 guitars anyway for the gigs due to different tunings (that's what I tell myself to justify that I just really want more PRS guitars in my collection)

Sorry for the long post, but now you all know me! Looking forward to contributing on the forum :)

Cheers,
Xavier

Back