Introduce yourself!

Hey everyone! I recently purchased my first PRS (a 58/15 CU24) and I am absolutely loving it so far! I look forward to being part of his community and learning as much as i can.

Hi,

My name is Greg. I just recently came back to guitar after a break of several years (family, children and so on, life...).

Now I got a bit more time in my hands (growing children, divorce and so on, life...), and rediscovered my old trusty acoustic Norman B20 folk. Then bought a Simon&Patrick Rosewood Showcase, and found a teacher. Am currently learning fingerpicking stuff and come back to the easy stuff I learn a long time ago, pentatonic scales, modes. I'd like to improvise a bit more fluently, I'd like to have better technical abilities, I'd like to play better.

And then, somehow, don't remember really, I saw a PRS pic online, then two, then searched after it, then discovered the PRS website, and all these amazing guitars and colors, and the very refined work of art all PRS guitars are. I quite reasonably, finding out about prices, decided to go (first, hint, gas coming back) for an SE Custom 24. I planned to buy that in a few months. Then I saw it in a guitar shop close to me, in that very nice Trampas Green color I planned to order somewhere online. I didn't hesitate too long, yolo, and came back home with the beauty.

I play with my two new guitars now, acoustic S&P and electric PRS SE, and find it very very satisfying.

Currently, being quite broke, I only play it through an old Line 6 Pod 2.0, to a Strymon BigSky, to a small Edirol USB interface, that serves as a mixer too, and some studio Yamaha HS7 pair. I lurk though towards a Mesa Boogie Lonestar Special 1x12, being more on the clean - crunch side of the tone.

Now, my remote gas is a 408, Artist package, Rosewood neck, Obsidian, but that won't happen soon, sadly. Anyway, I still got a pack of stuff to learn before being not too ashamed to play on that stellar instrument and combo :).

ps: I begun a long time ago with a semi-hollow Aria Pro-II and a Fender Champ 2. then later I had an Epi LP Lemon color, then a Gibson LP Teaburst, and a Blackstar HT-5. I had once too some bass guitars, Ibanez SDGR 1205, 1805, some EBS Gorm 210 too, a TC Electronic something-450 head and some 210 cabinet too. All these sold one after the other to try the next interesting stuff (A Moog Sub37, and a MF-104M, why not?).

You see, kind of a serious gas problem here :). But nowadays, I try to focus more on what to do and learn with the gear and the fun to have with it, than the object in itself. At least, I try to do that.

So, greetings to all of you, hope to share good stuff with you all.

Greg

Hi,

My name is Greg. I just recently came back to guitar after a break of several years (family, children and so on, life...).

Now I got a bit more time in my hands (growing children, divorce and so on, life...), and rediscovered my old trusty acoustic Norman B20 folk. Then bought a Simon&Patrick Rosewood Showcase, and found a teacher. Am currently learning fingerpicking stuff and come back to the easy stuff I learn a long time ago, pentatonic scales, modes. I'd like to improvise a bit more fluently, I'd like to have better technical abilities, I'd like to play better.

And then, somehow, don't remember really, I saw a PRS pic online, then two, then searched after it, then discovered the PRS website, and all these amazing guitars and colors, and the very refined work of art all PRS guitars are. I quite reasonably, finding out about prices, decided to go (first, hint, gas coming back) for an SE Custom 24. I planned to buy that in a few months. Then I saw it in a guitar shop close to me, in that very nice Trampas Green color I planned to order somewhere online. I didn't hesitate too long, yolo, and came back home with the beauty.

I play with my two new guitars now, acoustic S&P and electric PRS SE, and find it very very satisfying.

Currently, being quite broke, I only play it through an old Line 6 Pod 2.0, to a Strymon BigSky, to a small Edirol USB interface, that serves as a mixer too, and some studio Yamaha HS7 pair. I lurk though towards a Mesa Boogie Lonestar Special 1x12, being more on the clean - crunch side of the tone.

Now, my remote gas is a 408, Artist package, Rosewood neck, Obsidian, but that won't happen soon, sadly. Anyway, I still got a pack of stuff to learn before being not too ashamed to play on that stellar instrument and combo :).

ps: I begun a long time ago with a semi-hollow Aria Pro-II and a Fender Champ 2. then later I had an Epi LP Lemon color, then a Gibson LP Teaburst, and a Blackstar HT-5. I had once too some bass guitars, Ibanez SDGR 1205, 1805, some EBS Gorm 210 too, a TC Electronic something-450 head and some 210 cabinet too. All these sold one after the other to try the next interesting stuff (A Moog Sub37, and a MF-104M, why not?).

You see, kind of a serious gas problem here :). But nowadays, I try to focus more on what to do and learn with the gear and the fun to have with it, than the object in itself. At least, I try to do that.

So, greetings to all of you, hope to share good stuff with you all.

Greg
Welcome aboard Greg!

Hello all, I'm a long time Fender and Gibson nut, that finally snagged a PRS. Still trying to figure out just which model I bought. I play in a classic rock cover band for fun. Just happy to be here and looking forward to learning more about PRS.

Anyway here she is. S/N puts it as a 1995, but I'm not sure if it's a Custom 22 or a McCarty.

normal_prs1.jpg

normal_prs2.jpg

normal_prs3.jpg

Hi all!
My name is Leonardo, i'm from Argentina and i'm 24 years old.

I'm so glad to join that community, i'm a big fan of PRS Guitars...

Let me tell you some of my bio and gear

I'm a Sound Engeneering/Tech and i have a small "home studio" in my town. That becomes a job, but i still considering that like a "hobby"...

My PRS's:
'05 SE EG HSS (with PRS/CTS pots, Lampshade Knobs and Phase II Tuners)
'05 Custom 24 20th Annyversary
'07 Singlecut Trem Satin (w/Vintage Bass/McCarty Treble)
'09 Mira Maple Top
'10 P22 10top

A pic of the ladies
13267749_10154635565151029_6904851716488902942_n%201_zpsbjfw3avz.jpg

Other guitars:
'97 Epiphone Les Paul Classic Slash's Snakepit Signature
'08 Schecter Omen Extreme 6 (w/TOM TonePros, GraphTech BlackTUSQ nut and EMG ZW Set)
'12 Squier Classic Vibe 60s Stratocaster

Amps:
Mesa Boogie Dual Rectifier Tri-Channel Multiwatt
Peavey 6505+ 112 (head conversion)
Marshall DSL40c
DIY 2x12 Oversized w/Celestion V30+V-Type

For the fx, at this moment i'm only using a NS2, CryBaby 535 and a Rocktron Banshee, but i'd recently bought a Politune Mini, SP Compressor, TS9, EHX B9, Strymon Mobius+Timeline+Big Sky (now shipping from USA).

Anyway, that's my humble presentation!

Cheers!

Last edited:
Hey Leonardo, welcome to the Forum! That's a sweet looking group of PRSes you've got there!

Hey Leonardo, welcome to the Forum! That's a sweet looking group of PRSes you've got there!

Great collection Leonardo! Welcome to the Forum!!

Thanks for the welcome!
PRS is all of my needs and desires haha!
Since 6yo i want to pick one of that gorgeous american made PRS...
I will buy a CE24 alder body (or Alder/Maple Top) and my "collection" will be completed... But is hard to find one in second hand market at my place...

Would you recommend me some pickups replacement for the EG HSS?

Thanks for the welcome!
PRS is all of my needs and desires haha!
Since 6yo i want to pick one of that gorgeous american made PRS...
I will buy a CE24 alder body (or Alder/Maple Top) and my "collection" will be completed... But is hard to find one in second hand market at my place...

Would you recommend me some pickups replacement for the EG HSS?
Sorry, I'm no help on the EG. I haven't had the pleasure. You might want to do a couple of EG searches, or start a thread with what you're looking for. There was much EG love going around a couple of months ago.

Sorry, I'm no help on the EG. I haven't had the pleasure. You might want to do a couple of EG searches, or start a thread with what you're looking for. There was much EG love going around a couple of months ago.
"EG love" LOL

Thanks, i will search and nav in the forums, looking for cool stuff and info.

Hello everyone,

I've been a guitar owner for a few year, but am only becoming a player now. There is a difference I am told...

Anyway, in an effort to get better, I'm joining the forum as an informal support group and as another way to learn. Cheers!

Hello, folks. My name is Michael, and I'm a guitarist. :)

• Started playing as a teenager and ended up studying music and audio in Vermont while doing some small bar regional gigging in the northeast for a while. Fast forward some time later and I work in Product Marketing for a technology company, live in Boston, and play soul, jazz-funk, blues, jam and rock music, gigging a handful of times a month.
  • My biggest guitar influences include Grant Green, Steve Kimock, Jimi Hendrix, Fareed Haque, Derek Trucks, Bill Frisell, Eric Clapton, Warren Haynes, Jimmy Herring, and Danny Gatton.
  • I've owned a number of PRS over the years (HBII, P22, ZM SE) and am very happy with my current number one: a 2001 McCarty (.11s make this thing sing!). I would love to add a 408 or a Paul's Guitar to the collection at some point in the not-too-distant future.
  • I find Paul's passion (and the passion of PRS employees) contagious and inspiring, and appreciate (as a marketer and a musician) just how much it translates to the instruments themselves.
  • Outside of music, I enjoy kayaking, hiking, biking, trying to maintain a semi-respectable level of fitness, reading, going on long drives, and eating.
  • Oh, yeah. I forgot this. I've met Paul on a handful occasions (I worked in music retail for a while) when he did sessions at the shop I worked in and even had him sit down with me one-on-one for a guitar recommendation. (I am a recovering 335 guy).

Hey Michael, welcome to the Forum!

Back