Introduce yourself!

Hello, Just joined the club. I bought my first PRS 2009. Since then, I've owned 4 PRSs and yesterday order 5th one, that will be brand new CE 24 with green top.:)

- Jari

Hi there, just put in an order for a Custom 24 artist with rosewood neck. I understand I have a long wait ahead of me before I get my hands on it, mid summer from what I am told, but figured I would get ahead of things and join the forum in the meantime. I've been meaning to get a PRS since I first saw the adds in GP Magazine way back in the late 80s but I somehow never got around to it. What's a couple of months when I've already waited 25+ years? Somehow, I always managed to put it off and now I feel I should have done this years ago! Anyway, I'm pleased to say that mistake has been corrected.

Hi there, just put in an order for a Custom 24 artist with rosewood neck. I understand I have a long wait ahead of me before I get my hands on it, mid summer from what I am told, but figured I would get ahead of things and join the forum in the meantime. I've been meaning to get a PRS since I first saw the adds in GP Magazine way back in the late 80s but I somehow never got around to it. What's a couple of months when I've already waited 25+ years? Somehow, I always managed to put it off and now I feel I should have done this years ago! Anyway, I'm pleased to say that mistake has been corrected.
Welcome. Now that you're here, you have plenty of time to plan your second PRS guitar.

It's never too late! Welcome aboard

Hey all,
I joined the forum last week after scoring my 1st. PRS an 08' core Mira.
Few things about me:
Playing guitar 40 + yrs. (58 yrs young) Raised on Classic Rock. Currently playing in a Woodstock era tribute band. See: https://www.facebook.com/magicbusband/
Michigan Native
Electrical Engineer : GM Powertrain Engineering. (31 yrs) (I know.......still working.....2 kids in college....wife has 5 closets of shoes and purses : ( -
Husband of 23 yrs and father of 2 boys. 22 & 19. Both musicians : ) - 1 Guitar and 1 Drums. (Family Jams)
I work part time for GDS Amplification / Guytron amps building Marshall 18 watt clones and Guytron GT100 F/Vs (18 watter pictured in my avatar)
See: www.gdsamps.com or www.guytron.com
Also work on some amp and guitar repairs as well as built a few kit guitars.
Current family of guitars:
08' Mira
07' Carvin CT3
Carvin Bolt Kit
Carvin Bolt Plus Kit

Hello Everybody!
This is my first day here.
Here is my story. Please forgive me if it's too wordy. I'm a naturally chatty dude, and I've just had a big mug o coffee. ;-)
I was a self-taught gigging bassist way back when dinosaurs roamed the Earth. Also known as the 1980's and 1990's. So-called (by my ex) grown up life took me away from music in the mid-1990's.
A couple of years ago, my new bride told me that she always wanted to learn piano, but was discouraged by her parents at a young age. So I bought her a nice little Yamaha keyboard and a lesson plan/package. She loves it. While I was at the music store, the sights, sounds, and grooves began getting back into my blood. Maybe it's been there all along. I just felt like a traveler who had just come home after roaming the world on foot for years.
When I turned 50 years-old, I decided that it was time to learn something new and different, so I purchased a Gibson SGJ and started working at learning to play six string. Shortly afterwards, I spotted a used MIM Strat for sale cheap. It was a little bit road worn, so I fixed it up. Nice guitar when I need a strat sound, but I am developing a bit of arthritis in my hands, so it's a fight to play that axe for too long.
Fast forward almost two years.
I spotted a 2013 PRS SE Santana on sale. It's a beautiful instrument. The price was right, so I took a chance and ordered it. This guitar plays so well, I have hardly touched my Gibby since I've scored this SE.
I know that it sounds cheesy, but after just one week on this guitar, my playing has progressed a whole lot. The guitar is just so easy to play! I have some CTS electronics for it, and a brass sustain block on the way. I think that it's worthy of a custom bone nut as well. I know it's blasphemy to some, but I am also considering trying out the Gibson '61 Zebra humbuckers from my SG in the SE.
Looking forward to getting good enough at six string to play in public and not be embarrassed. Hah hah!
I can see myself replacing the SG with another PRS, maybe an American one, and becoming a PRS man for the rest of my life now.

Last edited:
My name is Dino and I just joined the forum.
I am the proud owner of a 1986 Custom 24.
My dad bought the guitar new from Washington Music Center.
The guitar is unique in that it has a one piece top and a tone control in place of the "sweet switch".
The story goes, it was a "special order" for a customer who had cancelled the order.
I'm not sure if that's true or not. It may possibly be an "employee guitar". I don't know.

My dad had cancer and passed away 5 years ago, but he gave this guitar to me a couple years before he passed because he said he wanted to be around to see me enjoy it. I've since bought several PRS guitars, but this one not only has that early PRS "mojo", plays and sounds incredible ... but it's very special to me just because it was my dads. My dad and I also took a tour of the PRS factory when they were still in Annapolis. What an AWESOME experience!

Anyway ... I was a member of "Birds and Moons" many years ago, but I guess that site is long gone now.
I look forward to meeting new people here and maybe learning more about PRS!
Hi Dino, I'm very sorry to read of your loss. Your Father sounds like he was a good man and a great parent.
That is a GORGEOUS instrument! Play it for life and remember that when you play an instrument with passion, it becomes a part of you. A little bit of your father is now a part of that instrument, so playing it with feeling, brings you closer to his spirit.

Hello Everybody!
This is my first day here.
Here is my story. Please forgive me if it's too wordy. I'm a naturally chatty dude, and I've just had a big mug o coffee. ;-)
I was a self-taught gigging bassist way back when dinosaurs roamed the Earth. Also known as the 1980's and 1990's. So-called (by my ex) grown up life took me away from music in the mid-1990's.
A couple of years ago, my new bride told me that she always wanted to learn piano, but was discouraged by her parents at a young age. So I bought her a nice little Yamaha keyboard and a lesson plan/package. She loves it. While I was at the music store, the sights, sounds, and grooves began getting back into my blood. Maybe it's been there all along. I just felt like a traveler who had just come home after roaming the world on foot for years.
When I turned 50 years-old, I decided that it was time to learn something new and different, so I purchased a Gibson SGJ and started working at learning to play six string. Shortly afterwards, I spotted a used MIM Strat for sale cheap. It was a little bit road worn, so I fixed it up. Nice guitar when I need a strat sound, but I am developing a bit of arthritis in my hands, so it's a fight to play that axe for too long.
Fast forward almost two years.
I spotted a 2013 PRS SE Santana on sale. It's a beautiful instrument. The price was right, so I took a chance and ordered it. This guitar plays so well, I have hardly touched my Gibby since I've scored this SE.
I know that it sounds cheesy, but after just one week on this guitar, my playing has progressed a whole lot. The guitar is just so easy to play! I have some CTS electronics for it, and a brass sustain block on the way. I think that it's worthy of a custom bone nut as well. I know it's blasphemy to some, but I am also considering trying out the Gibson '61 Zebra humbuckers from my SG in the SE.
Looking forward to getting good enough at six string to play in public and not be embarrassed. Hah hah!
I can see myself replacing the SG with another PRS, maybe an American one, and becoming a PRS man for the rest of my life now.
Welcome to the slippery slope! Yours is a very familiar story, in a good way!

I don't have a prs but I'm saving up for one. I saw one at guitar center and instantly fell in love.

Back