Introduce yourself!

I initially joined the BaM forum soon after acquiring my one and only PRSi, a brand new 2004 McCarty. I was Parralax view there, and am here also. I live in Honolulu, Hawaii, but am originally from Dallas, Texas. Hula girl and all that drew me to Honolulu where I've been for almost 15 yrs. I don't play out much at all here but was active in Texas. Just as well, it's a rather closed musical society here and my "sponsor" moved to Ocean Side California leaving me with little entry. No matter, I still play daily, and love my PRS.

Hello there. New PRS Guy, but not new to guitars. I've got a new 2014 Custom 24 Artist (Black/Gold), that I got from my wife after quitting smoking for 20 years. Should have done that sooner, but not telling her she's right. :)

Anyway, here's my new baby. **Edit** Pics attached/linked..
Back%20headstock%20no%20SN_zpsokupon2n.jpg

Body_zpsnjft680p.jpg

Last edited:
Welcome! Nice guitar! Shhhh on the wife knowing she was right!

As for pics, they have to come from a picture hosting site (like Photobucket, etc). You can then cut/paste them into a post.

Hi all - I was on BAM for a few years, which only increased my need for more PRS guitars. I got into guitar in the late 80's and learned about PRS when I went to visit Drome Sound in Albany, NY when I was in college with my roommate who worked there part-time. As I was trading in my Kramer Baretta (my first electric) I saw a few cool and unique looking guitars. I'll never forget the vintage yellow CU24 and a black CE24 hanging on the wall. I couldn't afford either one, but knew then and there, I would have a PRS one day.

Fast forward to 1997, I bought a Royal Blue CE24 and have owned 8 other PRS since. I have been playing a Whale Blue '85 Tribute, and a Blue 2009 Experience in my all 80's cover band for the last four years. I have truly enjoyed the few times I have talked with Paul and listened to him at clinics in the Northeast. He's obsessed and that's awesome for all of us! I had a blast at the 2010 Experience - I'm looking forward to getting back to Maryland this June!

^^^^ Whatever you do, don't take up the ukelele! OMG, ;)

Too late. My wife is a virtual virtuoso on the little thing, having played since grammar school at Kamehameha schools where it was a required learning experience. We have 4 of them, a 1958 Kamaka, that I had restored for her, a Kamaka Tenor A/E that I bought for myself after learning how to play it well, and a couple of concert cheapies. Nothing is more relaxing to me than to sit under my palm tree and strum away. I don't do Hawaiian tunes, I know the vamps and such, but I play blues and dirty songs, and even rock songs. You haven't lived till you've heard The Animals played on ukulele...;-)

Too late. My wife is a virtual virtuoso on the little thing, having played since grammar school at Kamehameha schools where it was a required learning experience. We have 4 of them, a 1958 Kamaka, that I had restored for her, a Kamaka Tenor A/E that I bought for myself after learning how to play it well, and a couple of concert cheapies. Nothing is more relaxing to me than to sit under my palm tree and strum away. I don't do Hawaiian tunes, I know the vamps and such, but I play blues and dirty songs, and even rock songs. You haven't lived till you've heard The Animals played on ukulele...;-)
Well, in that case, let's hear some clips! I love Sombrero the Rainbow!!!

Hi all, im mildew, got my first PRSi about a year ago, since then ive been selling off all my other electrics to fund more PRSi.

Fist i got a DC-22

prs_dc22.jpg

Then a Singlecut
prs_singlecut.jpg

And finally a triple soapbar CU22

prs_cu22_1.jpg

Best guitars ive ever owned :)

Welcome to the forum, mildew. Nice collection you've got going there. Bit unusual accompanist. I have one too, but she can't carry a tune in a bucket!

What's up y'all? New guy here from San Antonio. I recently acquired a SE custom 24 Floyd in black QM. Beautiful guitar for the money BTW.
Anyway, not much to tell. Been playing since '85, self taught. I know bupkis about theory, reading music, scales etc. I play a good bit of metal, some blues and rock, mostly just like to play. My main guitars were mostly Ibanez. However, this custom 24 is really smooth and I love it, except I don't really care for the pickups though. Maybe they'll grow on me. IDK?
You guys have a really cool forum here and I figured that I'd join the action

Welcome aboard!
What's up y'all? New guy here from San Antonio. I recently acquired a SE custom 24 Floyd in black QM. Beautiful guitar for the money BTW.
Anyway, not much to tell. Been playing since '85, self taught. I know bupkis about theory, reading music, scales etc. I play a good bit of metal, some blues and rock, mostly just like to play. My main guitars were mostly Ibanez. However, this custom 24 is really smooth and I love it, except I don't really care for the pickups though. Maybe they'll grow on me. IDK?

Welcome to the forum. Sounds great to me!!

Welcome to the forum El-Bastardo!

The SE 24 Custom Floyd is awesome!

Indeed it is. Incredibly smooth and easy to play and the coil tap is a nice feature.

Thanks for welcoming comments, I'll try to add stuff to my profile bio, gear, etc.later on tonight.

Back