Introduce yourself!

Hello all. My name is Greg and I am a new member to the forum. Not a good player but like to noodle and want to get better. In the early 90's, I saw that wonderful catalog of theses guitars flying through space with all of the crazy tops always wanted one. A few months ago, I tried a new guitar shop and fell in love with PRS all over again. These guys Brians Guitars are a master dealer so the guitars in the store are absolutely unbelievable pieces of art and sound.

So what did I do? I bucked up and bought a near mint CE 24 from 1998. (Note I read the post on the definition of mint.) The guitar is in great shape with a cherry sunburst tiger stripe maple top and Indian rosewood board which is the smoothest rosewood board I've ever played. All original with the HFS and VB pickups. So far, I love it although it has some stiff competition from a 1968 MIJ Strat reissue (The unofficial hendrix guitar) and a Gibson Blues Hawk. The Strat really cranks.

Initial comments on the guitar are - Nice player, action seems a bit too high and strings a bit too heavy. Thinking of going with 9's. Have heard that this model had a mahogany or alder. Not sure which but is pretty red so I think it is mahogany. Neck feel is awesome. Need to get used to the switching. Like the HFS because it is not bright but powerful and the neck is creamy. Playing through a little blues junior which improbably not the best amp but have to experiment.

Look forward to participating!

Good day mates. Not necessarily new to PRS guitars. Up until last week I have owned 5 different PRS guitars and never was able to bond with them. 4 SE models and a Santana II model. All great guitars but to me nothing that would get me to bond with the instrument. Recently a local dealer became a PRS dealer and received a "Paul's Guitar" with a faded blue jean top. This instrument is one of the most resonant instruments I have ever played. This guitar sounds amazing unplugged. Returned to the store to play it 4 or 5 different times before finally deciding on taking her home. This is definitely a keeper instrument and fits in well.

SO I officially have joined the asylum.

Hey guys

My name is Keith Stone - not the one from the cheesy Keystone beer commercial a few years ago but the real deal

I'm new to the forum and to PRS ownership. About a week ago, I was ready pull the trigger on a Yamaha AC3R acoustic - which is very nice solid wood guitar - but guess what popped up on Ebay? A PRS SE Angelus Custom (Korean model) that was not used - it was being sold as New - Mfg Refurbished, complete with the hard shell case and for a price much cheaper than it was while in production. I couldn't pass it up and had it within days.
I wanted to buy one of those when it was in production but didn't have the $ so I count myself blessed to have found this one.

For the past 2 years, I have been using a 25th Anniversary Alvarez that was handcrafted with solid spruce and solid rosewood. The original owner had knocked it over and broke the headstock off; it was an easy fix and sounds really good but.....
I don't think that I knew what overtones were until I bought the PRS. I will strum a single chord and just listen - I knew these guitars were great but I'm very impressed with what I'm hearing. As many have said, the sustain causes the notes to just keep hanging out there.
I don't plan to retire the Alvarez but the PRS sound is so addicting with the tone and the overtones that the Alvarez will get a break in the action.

Hi Guys,
Newbie here, my name is Ainsley and I used to hang at Birds And Moons many many years ago :)

Owned a few PRS over the years a a mid 80's CU22 10 top, Santana II, Singlecut Trem, McCarty BLE #4 and a McCarty Archtop, all sadly moved on for one reason or another.

Been playing a DGT goldtop for about five or so years and I LOVE it, it's deffo my number one guitar. Others I own are a Suhr Classic T, Fender HBS-1 CS strat, Tyler Burning Water SE (selling) and a Gibson CS336.

Tone wise I think the McCarty was the BEST sounding PRS I'd owned but the wide fat neck carve gave me hand cramp. When i heard about the Grissom model coming out with a slimmer neck and being based on a McCarty trem I knew I had to have one. I was always a HUGE Grissom fan anyway, still am.

Right I'm off to have a browse :)

Howdy BGG, impressive list of axes past and present!

Cheers, here's a little pic ...

11406772_10153963075307564_5002910548692634987_n_zpsm8b23lz2.jpg

New to the forums, not to PRS!

My story...Ever since I was in high school I wanted a PRS. I still remember the first time I walked into my local music store and saw one hanging on the wall, I knew immediately that one day I would own one. However, working part time at Subway during my high school years I saved my pennies and settled for a Les Paul Studio instead. As the years went on and I got older education and real life took a front seat and my guitar playing took a back seat. Well a couple years back my then girlfriend and I made each other "no cost is too high" gift idea lists, and of course I put a PRS Custom 24 on it...well fast forward 6 months later and to my surprise that Christmas I was given a Ezira Verde Custom 24 and it was love at first sight! (We are married now). The new guitar rekindled my desire to play and now today I not only have my Custom 24 but I also have a Violet PRS Tremonti (wife picked the color) and will hopefully add a P24 to the mix as well!

-Drew

My name is matt ive wanted a prs since the first time i seen janes addiction over a decade ago. I never thought i could afford one then one day i find an se on craigslist. After being disapointed with my epiphone i needed to do alot of research before buying another korean production model. So i stumbled across this forum in the process. I read a few threads on ses vs us models and decided to bite the bullet. That weekend i picked up my 09 se single cut in vintage white with natural binding and birds. I didnt like the stock pickups or the hardware so this forum came in handy again. I was able to find a perfect replacement brige and drop in locking tuners just by doing a little reading on here. The forum also helped wen it was time to rewire everything with new pickups and push pull pots. Id like to thank everyone here for there help and offer the same back to anyone i can.

Hi, my name is Kevin from the northwest suburbs of Chicago. I joined this forum about a year ago and bought a wood library Custom 24 Core guitar in cherry charcoal burst, it has a maple neck, Brazilian rosewood fretboard, and 57/08 bridge and 59/09 neck pickups. Really wanted a different tone, look, and feel from my other guitar, a vintage blond USA Telecaster. I played guitar and piano as a kid, and just took it up again last year. I am studying music theory for guitar using Desi Sarna's material, I think that's where I first heard about PRS. Musically I like blues, jazz and classic rock, and playing now with my church worship band.

Something unique about me is I always built my own amps, speaker cabs, and pedals. As a kid I couldn't afford to buy them so I would scrounge old TV sets people threw out in the alley, and reuse their parts to build tube guitar amps. In high school I worked for a music store fixing amps, PAs, synthesizers, etc, you'd be surprised how much "dead-on-arrival" new equipment I fixed so the store didn't have to return it. Later I got an electrical engineering degree and designed digital signal processing chips used in some guitar amps and pedals. Last year I built an early Marshall clone, adding a switchable overdrive channel. Relearning it right and having fun!

Hello, my name is Michael and have been lurking around for a couple years and finally joined. I have a PRS Torero, Jackson SLX Soloist, and a Squier J5 Tele. Amps are a 5150 combo with WGS speakers and a handmade 2x12 cabinet.

i don't have enough posts yet but have a technical question regarding converting the Torero to passive pickups. Thanks for having me.

i am newbie too, thank you for your welcomes, glad to be here, hope we would have great time :) stay tune!

Well.........I'm back in the guitar game. After a short 35 year hiatus, I have decided I want to learn to play again. Have always loved the PRS style. Many moons ago, I was playing Strats. Decided to go with a Custom 24, love the style and the quality is unmatched. Picked up a gently used faded blue '14 model.

look forward to getting to know many here, will be reading a heJJ of a lot more than posting.

Hello! I'm new here to the forum (lurking for several years). I'm in the DC/VA/MD-area, and am an endorsed artist with PRS (http://prsguitars.com/artists) with my band, Moogatu. I've been playing PRS Guitars for 11 years and preaching to the choir here, best guitars in the world! Not to mention, they are great to all of their players, whether it's a bedroom hobbyist or a full time touring musician. Thanks for everything!

I got my first PRS in 2004, after lusting after them for years, a 1994 CE24 in Seafoam Green, at a pawn shop for $500. I couldn't believe the deal I was getting, and that was the spark. It played amazing and one of the best instruments I've had to this day.

After running through what seems like (probably is) dozens of PRS guitars, I found what works, and this is what I'm working with.

- 2014 Hollowbody II (my number #1) - Faded Whale Blue - Natural sides and neck (by request) - Coil Tap Switch (by request) - signed by Paul - otherwise stock
- 2007 Singlecut Satin (my old #1) - Blue Matteo - signed by Paul - all stock - this guitar plays itself
- 2014 S2 Standard 22 - Seafoam Green - stays in tune better than any trem equipped PRS I've had
- 2013 SC245 - Black Gold
- 2013 SE Angelus Custom
- 2013 SE Angelus Standard x2
- 2014 Archon 100 watt
- 2005 Fuchs Overdrive Supreme 50 watt
- 1999 Gibson Les Paul Classic - Heritage Cherry Sunburst

Here's a clip of my Archon/HB2!

Last edited by a moderator:
brand new to forum,just saying hi for now.I'll update details one day soon when I have more time

Back