Introduce yourself!

My name is Chris and I have been playing guitar since 1997. I went to see Rush on the second leg of the Test For Echo tour and saw Alex Lifeson for the first time and was incredibly inspired to start playing at that point. At that point Alex was playing a lot of PRS's and that started my obsession even before I knew how to play (also I was only 13). So in 2007 I finally had the money to put into a PRS. I found a gently used 2002 McCarty in McCarty burst that I simply fell in love with. I have had it ever since, and actually just purchased a Custom 24 Artist Package in Faded Whale Blue that is an absolutely amazing instrument. I will be heading to Experience 2015 this weekend, and I may be adding another to the collection. (if my wife allows). Glad to be a member of the forum, and I appreciate all the great information available here.

My name is Chris and I have been playing guitar since 1997. I went to see Rush on the second leg of the Test For Echo tour and saw Alex Lifeson for the first time and was incredibly inspired to start playing at that point. At that point Alex was playing a lot of PRS's and that started my obsession even before I knew how to play (also I was only 13). So in 2007 I finally had the money to put into a PRS. I found a gently used 2002 McCarty in McCarty burst that I simply fell in love with. I have had it ever since, and actually just purchased a Custom 24 Artist Package in Faded Whale Blue that is an absolutely amazing instrument. I will be heading to Experience 2015 this weekend, and I may be adding another to the collection. (if my wife allows). Glad to be a member of the forum, and I appreciate all the great information available here.
Welcome! I saw Rush on that same tour, I think. Say hi if ya see me this weekend!

Hello to all! I've been playing for 25 years and usually stick with "Shred" guitars such as Charvel, Jackson, Kramer or BC Rich. As I'm getting older, my style of playing has changed dramatically as I'm finally mellowing out. LOL! I have a late 90's Custom 24 I recently purchased as I could not pass up the smoking deal a buddy of mine at a pawn shop hooked me up with. I owned one other PRS about 15 years ago and just couldn't bond with it. I found it mediocre and boring overall. This one on the other hand plays great, sound great and is very easy on the eyes. With that said, I must admit the nicest guitar I EVER played was a 1989 Custom 22 I could have bought back in the mid nineties for $1000 bucks but I was too frugal! ARGHH! I also used to tech and I set up Jeff Tuttle (Dillinger Escape Plan, Capture the flag) early 90's PRS that was a hell of player as well. Anyway, glad to be here and thanks for having me!

PRS SE245

Hi there

New member, first-time PRS owner! I'm Allan, I am based in Edinburgh, Scotland. I've been playing guitar (strictly for fun and never for profit!) for nearly 40 years.

Anyway here is my new PRS: an SE 245 in Vintage Yellow. It's a (slightly early) Significant Birthday present (no, not 21... not 40 either...). I was looking at Epiphone Les Pauls and even MIM Telecasters in this sort of price range but my wife said, why not get something a bit different? So the next thing you know I was trying out PRS SE's wherever I could find them, and then I was hooked!
11386557_376483905881880_1912527125_n.jpg

I tried almost everything but what caught my attention were a few 245s, a Zach Myers and a couple of a Bernie Marsdens. I so nearly went with the Bernie... in the end I decided I preferred the brighter tone of the bridge pickup in the 245 and having 2 tone controls, and I prefer these tuners to Bernie's "vintage" ones, plus this Vintage Yellow is gorgeous. To me the Zach Myers didn't seem to offer very much that was different tone wise, and I wasn't sold on the matte neck finish.

(Might try to post a better picture later, this one is from Instagram... and guitars aren't square :(.)

Last edited:
Hi all my name is Ian and I'm on the long road to learn the guitar properly, I currently own a Fender Standard Strat and a Prs SE Soapbar. I live in the UK but work all over the world, I'm looking for a Prs 305 but can't find one can anyone help? thanks for the acceptance on here.
All the best
Ian

Hi all my name is Ian and I'm on the long road to learn the guitar properly, I currently own a Fender Standard Strat and a Prs SE Soapbar. I live in the UK but work all over the world, I'm looking for a Prs 305 but can't find one can anyone help? thanks for the acceptance on here.
All the best
Ian

Welcome. Check Vintage Rocker and The Gear Page.
There are more than one listed right now on eBay...

Welcome. Check Vintage Rocker and The Gear Page.
There are more than one listed right now on eBay...
Thank you I will do, I've been in contact with a guy on eBay UK with a 305 but it has 2 deep dents in the side chipped it down to bare wood if it's repairable I may still buy it

Let me introduce ourselves

Hi PRS 'ers of the world.

I just joined and thought Id start ticking off my first 10 posts by introducing myself. Im Norwegian and have a beard like the arch type viking u imagine. But I also just yesterday ordered my first PRS ever. Albeit a mere SE, but still probably the guitar of my darkest desires. No I plan to embed myself throughout this forum as both a guitarist with about 20 years playing experience but also an engineer and audio tech, not to mention a massive nerd.

My first PRS below....

Hello, my name is Etienne, 27, PhD student in Human Genomics and Molecular Anthropology from Bologna, Italy. Also (fairly obviously I admit), I am fellow guitar player and PRS enthusiast.
I have loved PRS guitars since I started playing, 13 years ago more or less, and have always wanted one but never managed to make the purchase. Until march 2014. Last year, in fact, I bought my first PRS, an SE 245, so I decided to create an account on the forum... Well, I never wrote once since then. But I managed to become a dedicated reader on this board as I thoroughly enjoy my everyday visit on the site to learn about interesting topics and laugh at fun facts.
Recently, something has changed: I finally got a wonderful, Maryland-made PRS guitar... And I need to share my exitement!
So, proper introduction was in order before starting a new thread, now I'm off to write an NGD post!
Hope I can contribute somewhat meaningfully to this forum. Meanwhile, I'll leave you with a small teaser, as I know you all want pics and nothing else!
Cheers

mc58_03_zpske2sanfg.jpg

I'm new here from the California Bay Area. I recently started using a PRS Tonare Grand as my main acoustic. I'm going to post about it and my PRS electric in the main forum section. -Bobby

Hello all, I wanted to take a moment to introduce myself to the forum.
My name is Rob. I have been playing PRS for a while now. I started on them in my early 20's. I'm in my early 30's now and while I don't play out anymore, I still play a lot.
I had always had a liking for PRS guitars but I never really liked the price. I know that sounds terrible, but I was playing USA Jackson soloists that were just wonderful guitars, especially considering the money. At the time, you could buy a brand new USA soloist with a gorgeous flame top for about 1100 dollars (not so much now). A PRS was a bit more.

I bought my first PRS, second hand- and I regret selling it. I bought an older flame maple CE24 from a music store. The hang tag price was 1499, but I was able to get it, I "think" for 1299. It became my main player for a long time, (dethroning my heavily modified 95 strat which wasn't my main guitar because of it being the best...it was because of it's utility). About 7 years ago, I sold that guitar. The reason I did was so I could take care of a once in a lifetime deal. Someone had something I wanted, and the only way they would part with it was if I included the PRS on the deal. Well, that's what had to happen.

Fast forward several years. I was back in the market for another PRS, not because I needed another guitar- but I wanted a white custom 24. Well...you know where we are going with this. I ended up buying a new Navarro. Then I picked up an S2 Custom 24 (I really think I should've just bought a used "core" line instead of a new S2, and then a custom 24 10 top. I also, much to my chagrin, just bought an SE 7 string. Why do I say much to my chagrin? Because I've really wanted a USA PRS 7 string for a long time, but...unless it's private stock, I don't know of one. Anyway, I figured I'd play the import until then.

When I'm not practicing to try and become a better guitarist (22 years now) I spend time with my wife and son, and as my son says when you ask him what I do for a living "sell houses and take pictures."

Thanks for reading

Hey y'all,

KC here from Troy, Missouri.

Started playing after I saw the Beatles on the Ed Sullivan show in 1964..........(I know.....that makes me.....old..) Picked up a new Custom 24 last week. Limited run, orange fade, maple neck, ebony board, 57/08 Bridge, 59/09 Neck. Ran it thru most of my amps.......sounds great with all of them, but particularly thru my Marshall 1974x.

Outstanding guitar and have a feeling it won't be my last........

11425202_10204443872325286_2950855712560394947_n.jpg

11262010_10204443874925351_306420659865274378_n.jpg

Last edited:
Greetings everyone! I am a recent Paul Reed Smith guitar owner (just got her yesterday!) and thought I should join the forum after registering my new guitar. I'm a songwriter/musician who owns several guitars, amps and gear but, this is my first PRS guitar. I am very impressed with her (I got the SE Bernie Marsden, in black) and already anticipate owning several more PRS guitars in the future. I look forward to interacting with everyone here, as well as obtaining (and perhaps imparting) any information and news with regards to this line of musical instruments.

Back