Introduce yourself!

Hello all. New to the forum here. Been a member of the old PRS forum for some time. Bought my first PRS; a McSoapy, new in 03'. I now still have it, an NF3, and a core Mira. The PRS's just fit me better than some other "popular" guitars. I play in my church band, and in a cover rock band. Just picked up a like new Custom 50 combo as well.

Garth

Hello PRS fans worldwide, just a post to say hello as I've bought my first (hopefully of many) PRS Guitars. Its a 1997 McMarty in Emerald Green. Hope you enjoy the image. Comments greatly received...
IMG_2635_zpsf6ese6fo.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Hello all, I've been eyeing a PRS guitar for a while now. I've been playing acoustic guitars since I was in high school, so roughly 25 years or so, but I've never owned a serious electric guitar, or sat down and gotten serious about playing electric.
So I don't know scales or power chords etc, I'm just a regular ole acoustic guitar faker, I know my chords and can play some licks here and there.

PRS has made me change my tune, after all these years, and want to sit down and learn the guitar in a more in-depth way. I want to hold a PRS and play blues, play scales, play fast, play slow, play loud, play soft, it just makes me want to play electric like I've never ever wanted to play before. Over the years I've lost my passion for playing, and now I want to setup with a PRS and nice sounding amp and just sit in my house and play for hours.

So I'm here to just read your stories, get feedback, be around PRS owners and players.

I've started to think about buying a Custom 24, which I know is a BIG step and BIG price tag for a first time PRS owner, but thats the guitar that I've fallen in love with.

So I'll post here as my journey into hopefully owning one of these begins.

Thanks!

Last edited:
Hi Nowhereman, I bought my first PRS 10 days ago (see image above) and its the best guitar i've ever held. I currently use mine with a Backstair HT5R amp and it sounds awesome. Keep rocking and playing them blues and keep us updated on your progress .

Hi Nowhereman, I bought my first PRS 10 days ago (see image above) and its the best guitar i've ever held. I currently use mine with a Backstair HT5R amp and it sounds awesome. Keep rocking and playing them blues and keep us updated on your progress .

Thanks Andy! Your guitar looks sweet! That green is very nice.

Welcome, Nowhereman. I've kind of been where you have and also made the decision to "go electric". You might want to start out like I did with a SE CU24. They are great guitars and you can mod them to get just what you want. I just got my second one which you can see in this thread. Hope it helps some.

Welcome, Nowhereman. I've kind of been where you have and also made the decision to "go electric". You might want to start out like I did with a SE CU24. They are great guitars and you can mod them to get just what you want. I just got my second one which you can see in this thread. Hope it helps some.

Man I'm really in love with and have my heart set on the Custom 24, the 30th Anniversary would be awesome, but I'll take a 2015 too.

New guy here and first time owner. Got the bug for a PRS, and now have 3........... ;)
Custom 24 Semi-hollowbody
McCarty
Custom 22 w/ Rosewood neck
All in photos - K-Line Tele, custom '53 Tele knockoff (with Don Mare pups - Roy Buchanan), Eric Johnson Strat, Heritage 535 and 575, Suhr S1 Strat.

726e44c4-e67b-48f0-ba95-43195caa8c30_zpszooix54u.jpg

5a3e3f14-02bb-4d94-8ace-22d13255a556_zpsbcwufgri.jpg

Last edited:
Hello!

Longtime lurker and occasional poster on VR but also frequent this forum too. Thought it's about time I say hello and introduce myself: I'm Danny from Sydney, Australia.

Played guitar since my teens, bought many a guitar magazine, drooled over many great guitars and always remember PRS ads (oh, and also this pedal called a ... Klon Centaur). Lusted heavily for a Strat yet none (closest being a G&L Legacy) have passed through this revolving door but two PRSi are here to stay. PRS #1 is a 2005 20th Anniversary CU24 bought while on honeymoon from Dan's Guitars in Hawaii while #2 is a 2009 Starla bought online earlier this year.

These 2 and my JM have helped me finally come to a point of contentment in this neverending journey of too much GAS at the expense of money. I've got 2 other guitars I want to sell off then it's time to offload pedals too. Oh how those little boxes of plastic and metal can be so costly!

It's always been great to see how PRS advances compared to other brands and we benefit directly in the form of new instruments/amps. I'm waiting on the day when something like the new graphite truss rods become more accessible to the rest of the PRS line.

Here's to looking forward!

Danny

Last edited:
Hi, my name is tom I'm from Webb city,Missouri I'm 62 and learning to play guitar, I have a 30th anniversary PRS se 24 custom love it!!

Hi, I'm Craig from Scotland and I'm here because I've just got myself my first PRS which is an SE Custom 24 30th Anniversary in Vintage Sunburst. Its a really good guitar but could easily be a great guitar. Already picked up a few pointers from here on upgrades so have a Tusq nut and a set of Grover 406c tuners on the way which seems to be the standard around here.

Last edited:
Hello Everyone!

I'm new to the forum today, and I've been a Paul Reed Smith fan for years having owned various models. These days, I'm playing a DGT and a Mira, and have a killer P90 SE Semi-hollow body that is a rock and roll machine. I love all guitars though, so while I'm a PRS fan, I don't get bogged down in the religious wars of Fender-vs-Gibson-vs-PRS-vs-whoever. I think of them as awesome tools to make music.

I live in Baltimore, and absolutely love it. Hit me up with questions about the area if you want to know -- I can give you the skinny, and make some recommendations of places to visit, restaurants, etc, especially for those of you coming to town for the upcoming PRS event.

Thanks!

Hi from the Caribbean!

Hi all,
I'd like to (re)-introduce myself, my name is Benji Schaub and I live on Bonaire, Dutch Caribbean. I used to be a member of "Birds & Moons", and even if I didn't post much, I always enjoyed that community.
I own only one PRS, a '91 black CE24 with moons, featured here:
[video]https://youtu.be/YQlOEwTheFs[/video]
It's a fairly old video, but it features the guitar nicely. Please note that I'm in constant pursuit of perfection, but I'm not there yet! :p
For the rest, I'm making a living playing in various upscale bars and restaurants using backing tracks, and I sometimes play live jazz with a small band. I also have a small, but high quality home studio where I produce jingles and write music for local radio. And maybe I'll have an album with my own music one day...

Looking forward to geek out over guitars with y'all!
Cheers,
Benji

Back