Introduce yourself!

Hello guys,

I'm Onur, from Turkey. I just got my first prs guitar and i'm loving it. Always been a bolt-on player, never liked the les paul idea but i got a gibson studio last month and loved it. I guess i got lucky there.
And i thought it was time i got a first class les paul kind of guitar.
This was on a shop, used and i couldn't resist. I love the very low action/ flawless intonation combo and the 57/08 pickups sound awesome. And i don't need to mention how great it looks. :)
I think i'm gonna get another single cut prs if i can find used in great condition like this one.

I picked up my first PRS in high school at the place where I took lessons. I still have it twenty years later, and it is still the most beautiful guitar I have ever owned. It is a 94 CU22 goldtop with dragons and birds. Ever since I can't really play anything else with the same satisfaction. Every time I searched with a question lately, it takes me to this site, so I decided to join.

Greetings. New guy here. I just obtained via trade a McCarty burst stripped 58; it's my first PRS but it won't be the last. Incredible build quality, sound, and playability - I had no idea these guitars were so good. GASing already for another one!

New to the forum and hope to get out as much as posdible. I own a McCarty 20th and an SE 7 string. I'm currently saving for a cu22 as well to add to the collection. I've owned many guitars in the past. Everything from higher end ibanezs, ltd EC 1000's, Gibsons etc and nothing has played like my McCarty. My SE 7 played better right out of the box then some guitars that I've owned/played that were in the $1200 and up range. I personally feel that once I bought my first PRS, it was like graduating, it's all I really play anymore out of my collection and all I want when it comes to GAS. I've been playing for close to 15 years on and off and love all music. I prefer the heavier side of things such as instrumental and progressive metal but grew up playing blues based music and even enjoy guitar heavy pop music.

Hi everyone, I've been reading these forums for quite some time now. I was registered at Birds and Moons back in the day. I own a '93 or '94 Standard 24, and just yesterday became the proud owner of a 2010 25th anniversary SASNF. I'll fire up a NGD thread once I figure out how to post photos. I have a photobucket acct but have never used it for anything.

I started off (and still am) pretty much a rocker but my appreciation for great blues and jazz playing has really taken off in the last ten to fifteen years. I've been playing various Marshall heads in that time but soon I plan on acquiring a Kemper. I crave diversity of sound and ease of use. Also no more temperamental tube trouble. At any rate, hi and I'll see you in the threads!

Hi all,

Just joined the forum the other day. I have two PRS guitars. One, an SE Bernie, I got last February. Love it for the most part, even the pickups, which is unusual for me with almost any guitar, but I didn't like the brown looking speed knobs, so I changed them out for some amber bell knobs. Much better. It's what I would call an iced tea or a lemon burst; not sure what the PRS name for that is, but I like it.
Second PRS, I just picked up this past Saturday. It's what I have learned is a 2009 Limited Edition KL33, and kind of an unusual bird at that, because it also has a set of 57/08 pickups in it, even though that's not the "normal" pickup for this model.
As I said, I've only had it since Saturday, but I'm digging it.

Sean

Last edited:
Hello,

new member here from Europe.

Looking to buy my first PRS... will ask for advice on proper thread.

In the meantime keep on rockin' guys!

Hi gang,

Since I have no imagination, my screen name is my real name. Same as the comedian, but I had it first. At some other places, I'm known as Stratokatsu. At the risk of upsetting your folks still snowed in up north, I'll be careful to mention I live in Miami, Florida.

I'm 65 and just a hobby player with some meager attempts at recording. To be honest, I'm about 90% an acoustic player and my electrics are just toys to have fun with. My influences aren't famous, They're mostly my friends who take the time to teach me something new. I tend to play country, blues and British invasion with some classic rock, but I guess a day doesn't go by that I'm not playing some folk music. I haven't been in a band since college, but if I formed something new, it would probably be something like a Peter, Paul & Mary tribute deal.

I'm a retired synagogue Youth Director and Executive Director. Until a few days ago, I worked a couple days a week at a golf course, but I've decided to look for something new. I'm still an avid golfer, I like to cook and under duress, I'll work in the garden.

I just bought a really nice used CMC SE Custom in trans red. I'm still trying to decide whether it's better through one amp or another, but being slightly brighter than my 335, it has a place all its own no matter what.

Thanks for allowing me to join you.

Dennis

Hi everyone! Newer-than-new PRS owner, here. My first, an S2 Mira in McCarty, should be here on Tuesday (posted on a Sunday). Been jerking around, kinda draggin' out the guitars and picking up a few licks, etc., then wondering off again, since junior high. Got a letter from the union, the other day, with a yearly report on bennies, and it said I have just 8 years to early retirement, and it sorta rang a bell. So, I've decided to get more serious about actually learning to be a real guitar player. Learned about the S2's and started shopping. Can't wait to finally own a PRS! Haven't owned an American guitar since the 80's ('73 Tele, terribly refinished to vaguely resemble The Boss's). Ordered an Archon 25 combo, yesterday, as well. First tube amp since the Sunn Twin I had with the aforementioned Telecaster, as well. Pretty jazzed about it, as well.

Anyway, nice to meet you folks, and thanks for having me.

Hi all, new member here.

Been lurking on the site for a year and finally joined up a few weeks ago. I've been a PRS fan for years and finally bought my first core Custom 22 in 2009, an SE Angelus Custom last year and most recently an SE Tremonti that I had fitted with new tuners and US Tremonti pickups placed. I actually gigged with that guitar last night with my Mesa Tremoverb combo and the tones I was getting were great as they cut through the mix of our four piece band. We usually play alternative to metal music.

Itching to pick up another core guitar later this year (408 or Tremonti) or even go all out with a private stock. The addiction set in when I was in college in 2000 and I couldn't afford a PRSi back when it was around $1500 new. I look at the prices today and still think about that guitar I obsessed over back then. Hope to post some pics of my PRSi later.

Hey y'all.

About to get mine next week. I'm a lefty so it's hard to find good guitars. Found a 1999 Custom 22 in vintage yellow, bought unplayed, from a guy who sold me my LP and I have some trust in. So keeping my fingers crossed. I love my LP's crunch, but I'd like something with beautifully creamy cleans as well and they say this is the guitar.

Justen Hires here.. I came in search of some clarification. I have what I believe to be a '93 cu22. I work as an insurance adjuster/scheduler/freelance recording engineer. For the longest time I thought this was a '94 Standard 22. Serial # dates this thing in '93, and from what I have read they didn't start making the Std22 until '94. Anyways she's been neglected for a while, and I'm trying to make things right. No fancy top, fixed bridge. Plays like a dream. Any direction would be helpful.
PRS%201_zpseghioonq.jpg
PRS%203_zpsxrf7r68e.jpg
PRS%202_zpsopaltsih.jpg

Yup...welcome, and looks to be 93 Custom...pretty sure you had it right. The maple binding shows the maple top, = Custom. Rock that thang, and Congrats!

Hi guys, former Bammer with the same screen name from a few years back when Bam was around.

ive owned many a guitar but none have played so well straight out of the box Like PRS have.

ive had a custom 24 in grey black, custom 22 in sunburst, custom 24 25th in angry Larry, black cherry tremonti, and lastly a sc250 in tobacco sunburst.

all have sold to make ends meet unfortunately at some point in my life from before being a proud father to my current state of working for music retail.

i currently rock an orange rockerverb combo, custom 24 s2, "thanks zzounds" and various wampler pedals. "Kind of a fan boy"

hope to to contribute what I can and look forward to some day gettin a real core model again

thanks Yall

Raul

Hello everyone, my names Mick. I live in Wales although I'm not Welsh;) I started playing back in the '60's but got distracted for thirty odd years, until about five years ago. I was very much in to electronica, particularly house, during my time away from guitars. I'm recently converted to PRS and I wish I'd taken the plunge a long time ago, I have a Tremonti SE and I love it, out of my collection it's my favorite.

I'm the proud owner of:

1998 Gibson Les Paul Special
2009 Gibson Les Paul Standard
2012 Fender HSS custom Strat
2013 Fender Telecaster
2014 PRS Tremonti SE
The above will be heirlooms for my son and his two kids, better than leaving them money, they'll only drink it all away:beer:

Last edited:
Back