Introduce yourself!

Hello there. New to the forum and to PRS. Have played for around 20 years and have owned over 40 guitars (yes I actually cataloged them the other day, only 7 now though) but this will be my first Paul Reed Smith and I am very excited to give it a whirl. I ordered a Custom 24 today with a very unique finish for my first go around.

I would like to post some pics upon arrival next week. Can anyone explain how to do that? When I search the FAQ it mentioned something about an album link on the control panel but not seeing that link??

Hello. I currently don't have a PRS, but I am hoping someday I will. Im a new guitar player and own an acoustic and a Fender made in china strat. Perfectly fine for a newb, but am looking to upgrade next year and am here to get some infos.

Hey there everyone!
Nice to meet you all, my name is Pat, I'm from Australia,
Just picked up my first PRS, the PRS SE Custom 7, it's such a great guitar very very happy with it!

I made a big post about it with pictures and video but it seems to have disappeared!
Might have to make it again!

Pat

Hi all,
I have been using PRS guitars for 9 years and I thought that it was about time to join this forum.
I mainly just play at home but occasionally join friends in a low key jam.

My PRSs are, a 2001 PRS Santana SE and a 2008 Mira Maple Top.

Hi Everyone: Just bought my first PRS Artist Package, Santant Retro.Extremely excited. Looking for anyone with a similar guitar to get feedback. Doc

Here for the first time as a owner of a 2006 Standard 24 vintage cherry, satin finish... been and admirer of PRS guitars every since I first saw David Grissom playing one when he was playing with Joe Ely at the Blind Pig Ann Arbor Michigan, back in the late 80s.

First time posting to in this forum. I just put a 2013 custom 22 in makena blue with a quilted 10 top on layaway at my local shop. I was going to get an s2 but I just coudnt quit thinking about the core 22. It is brand new and has not been played by everyone and their brother as they keep the prs's behind the counter. I feel like I got a pretty decent deal, they had it marked down to 2500$ with a 10 top. Feel free to let me know if I got a crappy deal, all the leftover 2013's I found were around 2500$ and none of them had the 10 top. I'm hoping to pick it up mid January. This is going to be the longest month of my life. Wish me luck and hopefully I don't drive my wife crazy in the mean time.

Last edited:
Hi all,
Just posted pix of my P22 over in another thread. I sure do love this new guitar. It's my first PRS, probably not my last. Custom color "Faded Blue Emerald Burst" on a 10 top. I've been playing it to death since I got it a few weeks ago. All my other guitars are lonely.

Tom

Heya,
Im new here and coming to find out some more info on PRS.
My favourite models I'd dearly love to own are the PRS SE Zach Myers, and the ultimate, a PRS Hollowbody II.

Cheers,
Norman

Hello everyone!

Late bloomer here. Just learning how to play and I didn't really have the budget for a new PRS. I'm a big fan of the double cutaway design and the opportunity came up to grab this SE Custom 22 well within my budget. I couldn't pass it up. I'm not at all familiar with the names on it which is fine because I got it because of the instrument not the signatures. I figured I'd learn on this one and eventually get a new Custom 22 or 24 when I can. Wouldn't mind picking up a PRS acoustic too some day.

Happy playing!

Scott Jeter

PRSSECustom_zps90e6c31a.jpg

Last edited:
Hello everyone!

Late bloomer here. Just learning how to play and I didn't really have the budget for a new PRS. I'm a big fan of the double cutaway design and the opportunity came up to grab this SE Custom 22 well within my budget. I couldn't pass it up. I'm not at all familiar with the names on it which is fine because I got it because of the instrument not the signatures. I figured I'd learn on this one and eventually get a new Custom 22 or 24 when I can. Wouldn't mind picking up a PRS acoustic too some day.

Happy playing!

Scott Jeter

PRSSECustom_zps90e6c31a.jpg

Nice! That looks like it was signed by Daath which is a metal band. Very cool!

Im also a new member. I've been playing on and off for 3 years. About to pickup my first PRS in the next few days. Previously I've owned a LTD ec1000, LP Classic and LP standard. Never connected with any of them unfortunately. I've been eyeing up the Tremonti artist series for 2 years now but just can't justify the purchase. Going to start off with a CE24 and consider the Tremonti later on.

Hello Everyone! Just purchased a Private Stock Santana "Retro". I'm looking for ome info regarding the "Retro" part. I have quite a bit invested and wanted to know if these are a "limited run" item. New to the forum , thanks for any input. John

Hello. My name is Pauland I have a PRS problem: a 1990 Cu24that I bought new, a ’91 CE24, a ’95 CE22 (GT), a 2006 Singlecut 20[SUP]th[/SUP],2 hats, 2 shirts, 2 beer glasses, and a keychain. I'm a long-time hobby player. Grew up on hard rock/prog/metal but have matured (?) to blues rock overthe years. I try hard to emulate myheroes – the 60/70’s “Pantheon of Greats”,and love the modern masters starting with SRV and on to Warren, Eric J., JoeB., Jimmy Herring, and lately Simon McBride (dude kicks **s!). I’ll never tire of playing along with one of theall-time PRS notables though – the great Alex Lifeson.
I’m looking forward to all the group therapy I’m sure toreceive here! If you any of you are inthe 49[SUP]th[/SUP] State (or visiting) and want to meet up for a more intensesession, just let me know! Spare axesand amps available.
Paul

Back