Introduce yourself!

Greeting all, I am still very sad about the old gone prsforum - still looking for the archive, let me know if you have =) , I believe here is the one besides BAM TGP, the little +s and VR.

Hi all

Joining from France, I am 35 and I became a PRS lover since I played one 10 years ago. Played several so far, and Cu 22 is the one that meets all my needs. Easy to play, soundy, light, she's got it all.
I found one in poor condition in 2010, emerald green with dings and scratches all over the body. machine heads were half destroyed and the rosewood neck was drenched of dirt.
After purchasing it (for cheap) I get in touch with a luthier to restore it. This was the opportunity to apply a new varnish, I choosed a black one. As well, we applied a piece of mapple on the head, so it matches with the body.

dscn2643u.jpg

dscn2647q.jpg

dscn2649v.jpg

dscn2653gq.jpg

dscn2655y.jpg

I am in love with this instrument, It sounds amazing and I stopped collecting guitars since I play this one.

Hope I'll have the opportunity to exchange with you all on this forum,

Romain

Last edited:
Hello there. Proud owner of a new 2014 CU24, my first (and due to the price) probably only PRS I'll ever get. Got it today and am _loving_ it.

For a non 10 top this one is a beauty.

vRsv6oB.jpg

HI guitar brothers, I'm a new "HAPPY" PRS owner, first time I own a prs, I just bought a custom 24, orange blood, (pics comin soon), I used to be a fender head, but got tired of the action, of the fact that everybody plays them, and about the fact that if you play a guitar, you are supposed to be a clone and play the same guitar.

I tried the prs one month ago, and decided to get rid of my fenders, I'm not looking back, it's a tone monster. I just ask myself why I didn't went to PRS sooner...
I used to be the kind of guy that owned a lot of gear, but the custom 24 is the first guitar that makes me feel that I don't need another one (except a back up ;) ).

Soon I'll be posting videos on youtube with my new babe

I'm from Paris France

All the best!!!

Hello there. Proud owner of a new 2014 CU24, my first (and due to the price) probably only PRS I'll ever get. Got it today and am _loving_ it.

For a non 10 top this one is a beauty.

vRsv6oB.jpg
This isn't a top 10.? That looks better than my 10 top....wow

Evening,

This is my first post, so thought I would say hello to everyone. So, after playing several electric guitars, today I ordered a Custom 24, in Amber, and it should be here in a few days. I am a long time acoustic player, and this will be my first electric. I am excited for the new adventure and music experiences to come. Presently, I have a Fishman LoudBox so my next near term purchase will need to be an amp to match up with the CU24. I am primarily an at home player, (classic rock, blues, jazz and leads), so suggestions for an amp would be appreciated, thanks.

Basalt

Last edited:
Hi all

Joining from France, I am 35 and I became a PRS lover since I played one 10 years ago. Played several so far, and Cu 22 is the one that meets all my needs. Easy to play, soundy, light, she's got it all.
I found one in poor condition in 2010, emerald green with dings and scratches all over the body. machine heads were half destroyed and the rosewood neck was drenched of dirt.
After purchasing it (for cheap) I get in touch with a luthier to restore it. This was the opportunity to apply a new varnish, I choosed a black one. As well, we applied a piece of mapple on the head, so it matches with the body.

dscn2643u.jpg

dscn2647q.jpg

dscn2649v.jpg

dscn2653gq.jpg

dscn2655y.jpg

I am in love with this instrument, It sounds amazing and I stopped collecting guitars since I play this one.

Hope I'll have the opportunity to exchange with you all on this forum,

Romain

Bonjour buddy! That looks f@cking KILLER!!!!

Evening,

... today I ordered a Custom 24, in Amber, and it should be here in a few days. ....so suggestions for an amp would be appreciated, thanks.

Basalt

Cu24 in Amber huh? Then this will probably make you very impatient!
20140708_121540_zps4cf74296.jpg

Mesa amps go well with PRS guitars, but right now my favorite is a PRS SE50. If you can still find one, I'd recommend it.

Cu24 in Amber huh? Then this will probably make you very impatient!
20140708_121540_zps4cf74296.jpg

Mesa amps go well with PRS guitars, but right now my favorite is a PRS SE50. If you can still find one, I'd recommend it.
You bet it does! Thanks for the Amp suggestions. Mesa has quite a few models, any suggestions? Coming from an acoustic perspective, I really prefer a very clean sound.

You bet it does! Thanks for the Amp suggestions. Mesa has quite a few models, any suggestions? Coming from an acoustic perspective, I really prefer a very clean sound.
For cleans the standard is Fender IMO. You can get a descent Fender in the Hot Rod Series for not too much money, but many will tell you the Reissue series (like the DRRI - Deluxe Reverb Reissue) is better. In Mesa's I have a Lone Star Classic that I love and a Single Rec that will bring the gain. You can find a used Hot Rod Deluxe (Fender) for about $400. If you want great cleans I think I'd start there.

I second the motion on the Fender Hot Rod series AMPs - In my house I use a Fender Blues Jr (15 watt) and when playing outside the house with a band I use a Hot Rod Deluxe (50 watt). Both are affordable and offer good clean sound if that is what you want or you can add as much gain/distortion as desired.

For cleans the standard is Fender IMO. You can get a descent Fender in the Hot Rod Series for not too much money, but many will tell you the Reissue series (like the DRRI - Deluxe Reverb Reissue) is better. In Mesa's I have a Lone Star Classic that I love and a Single Rec that will bring the gain. You can find a used Hot Rod Deluxe (Fender) for about $400. If you want great cleans I think I'd start there.

I second the motion on the Fender Hot Rod series AMPs - In my house I use a Fender Blues Jr (15 watt) and when playing outside the house with a band I use a Hot Rod Deluxe (50 watt). Both are affordable and offer good clean sound if that is what you want or you can add as much gain/distortion as desired.

Thanks for the suggestions! I narrowed it down to the Mesa Recto Verb, Blues Deluxe & DRRI

Yesterday morning I took advantage of Black Friday offers and ordered a '65 Reverb Deluxe Reissue. About 2 hours later, UPS delivered the CU24. I unpacked it, made sure all was good, and then plugged it into the Fishman Loudbox mini and WOW!, I could not believe my ears. The sustain is beyond incredible! My best friend declared he had to get one and my better half who was suspect about the shift from acoustic to electric was just grinning ear to ear. I am enjoying this weekend!

Last edited:
Hi, as my username implies I just got an SE 245 -- a gold one -- during Sweetwater's recent sale. Most of my guitars are Gibsons, and this one is my first PRS. I am very impressed with it overall. Howdy.

Back