Introduce yourself!

In my opinion it looks that nice but I certainly don't consider myself an expert in saying that.

I found the title the store used. "
USED PRS MCCARTY SC-58 STRIPPED PROTOTYPE SB"​

The store listing stated: "A vintage-inspired singlecut with an artist-grade top, the SC 58 is perfect for more traditional single-cutaway players. The 24-1/2" scale length and electronics appointments make this instrument instantly comfortable to players who grew up using short-scale guitars. The PRS 2-piece bridge is the anchor of this guitar and enhances the natural tone of the woods."

That is a nice top but again, it's very subjective. I think you can rest assured you have scored yourself a very nice guitar, that's looks great, has cool factor and most importantly sounds and plays fantastic. The combination of those 57/08s and 2-piece bridge is stellar in my opinion.

The title is fine, the McCarty should be at the end signifying the colour but all good apart from that.

Congrats on a very nice guitar!

The store listing stated: "A vintage-inspired singlecut with an artist-grade top, the SC 58 is perfect for more traditional single-cutaway players. The 24-1/2" scale length and electronics appointments make this instrument instantly comfortable to players who grew up using short-scale guitars. The PRS 2-piece bridge is the anchor of this guitar and enhances the natural tone of the woods."

They copied that from the SC-58 product info from PRS, so I don't think it's correct in this instance. Should be:

The PRS Paul Reed Smith Stripped 58 offers straightforward tone, quality, and comfort in an attractive, no-nonsense package. A vintage-inspired singlecut perfect for more traditional single-cutaway players, the 58 has a classic, resonant voice that is eminently recordable and gig ready. It is also instantly comfortable to players who grew up playing short scale guitars. The "Stripped" 58 will take everything you've got and keep asking for more.

Only you can answer than question mate, it all depends on your financial situation and how you value your guitar in monetary/emotional/intangible/etc terms.

If you were to ask me "would you spend $1700 on this guitar" it would depend on if I was in the market for a Singlecut with classic vibe and when I played it, it spoke to me and inspired me. If it didn't tick those boxes I wouldn't pay $100 for it, if it did, possibly more than $1700...

One more thing I noticed. I am not seeing any "stripped" that are marked SC58 on the neck adjustment cover like mine is. I also found a pic of a "stripped" COA it's marked as striped after the model. My COA is simply marked Model SC58. The only mention of stripped on mine is written in gold marker "strip 58 prototype" on the back of the head. Does all that mean anything different?

It's a proto so stuff isn't going to make sense. It probably doesn't even have a MODCAT number? Look for a barcode with a bunch of numbers and letters next to it, usually on the case or on the paperwork but definitely under one of the pickups (if they put one on, usually protos don't have a MODCAT as far as I know).

Got a photo of the hang tag/COA?

Ahh yep it hasn't got a full MODCAT but I can tell you more about that guitar... It was made for the PRS Experience event in 2011, so basically they must have "released" the Stripped 58 at that years event. The MODCAT also indicates it's a proto, as evidenced by the RD2011SC58. As for it saying "SC" instead of "ST" I wouldn't put too much stock in that, it was probably before they knew what they were going to call it, or had an abbreviated designation for it.

Cool that it has the hang tag and MODCAT sticker too (and the internal R&D F51 sticker on the case)

Interesting, that's great info. So it's still basically what you thought it was to begin with? Not really rare/valuable but certainly unique. I am sure the little music store that sold it to me didn't know any of that. Again, Thanks so much for all your help.

At the end of the day, it's a truly beautiful guitar. If it has "the sound" you want, then it's a keeper. I also think it's worth every penny you payed if it's a keeper. If not, then send it to me and I'll put you out of your misery.....

Greetings all. Just joined up from the dirty Memphis, TN.
Former Mccarty and original Santana SE owner
Current DGT and NF3 owner.
Just here to learn more and get support for these GAS pains!

Back