Introduce yourself!

Hi, I'm Richard. I've been playing (learning....) for three years now and I've tried Strats, Teles, LPs, LPJs, , Mustangs, Jaguars and a modded Sheraton but not found anything I love as yet. I've got too many guitars for an ageing amateur with no time on his hands and I'm thinking of selling thee or four to fund a nice used PRS, either a Custom 24 or a DGT. So I've joined the obvious place to start learning about them.......

Edited to add I'm in London and a late starter at 62 - now 65 :)

Welcome to the Forum, Richard!

Hi all, new to the forums.
I have been researching and watching videos of the PRS guitars for many months now, and I'm getting ready to make my first purchase soon.
I have to admit, I was drawn in by the amazing work of Mark Tremonti, but I'm also a big fan of the Andertons youtube channel.

Hi all, new to the forums.
I have been researching and watching videos of the PRS guitars for many months now, and I'm getting ready to make my first purchase soon.
I have to admit, I was drawn in by the amazing work of Mark Tremonti, but I'm also a big fan of the Andertons youtube channel.
PRS UK YouTube channel has some good stuff too as does Music Force!

See recent Tim Pierce video too!!

Hi, I'm new to the group and to PRS'. I just picked up a SE Custom 24 a week ago. I've been a Gibson/Ibanez guy for years but have been intrigued, yet not terribly blown away by any I've tried until this one. As a matter of fact, I played this exact model the day before at a different store and didn't love it, this one just feels right. My biggest complaint with this one is the finish. Don't get me wrong, it's beautiful but I already have 3 cherry burst guitars. As a matter of fact 3 of my friends and my girlfriend didn't even realize this was a new guitar.
1f615.png
I spent easily an hour between this one and another SE Custom 24 with a purple top that had a one piece neck that was noticeably thicker and not nearly as comfortable for me. I will say this is probably the best playing guitars I've ever owned.
prsse24_small-jpg.716

Hi everyone!
I just signed up. I'm Yannick, singer/songwriter, guitar & bass player and guitar teacher from Switzerland. I purchased my first PRS (SC245 McCarty Tobacco Sunburst) something like 4 years ago and I'm positive this was a game changer... Love this guitar to bits and pieces. Since then, I also bought an SC58 stripped black, a Hollowbody II Single Cut Grey Black, an SE245 spalted maple and an SE Kestrel bass. PRS guitars feel beautifully natural to me and songwriting feels much smoother and easier, somehow. You guys rock.
Cheers

Hi everyone!
I just signed up. I'm Yannick, singer/songwriter, guitar & bass player and guitar teacher from Switzerland. I purchased my first PRS (SC245 McCarty Tobacco Sunburst) something like 4 years ago and I'm positive this was a game changer... Love this guitar to bits and pieces. Since then, I also bought an SC58 stripped black, a Hollowbody II Single Cut Grey Black, an SE245 spalted maple and an SE Kestrel bass. PRS guitars feel beautifully natural to me and songwriting feels much smoother and easier, somehow. You guys rock.
Cheers
Welcome Yannick, great choices of guitars!

As per usual, we all love photos. Once you’ve got your posts up, a thread would be great!:D

Hi, I'm new to the group and to PRS'. I just picked up a SE Custom 24 a week ago. I've been a Gibson/Ibanez guy for years but have been intrigued, yet not terribly blown away by any I've tried until this one. As a matter of fact, I played this exact model the day before at a different store and didn't love it, this one just feels right. My biggest complaint with this one is the finish. Don't get me wrong, it's beautiful but I already have 3 cherry burst guitars. As a matter of fact 3 of my friends and my girlfriend didn't even realize this was a new guitar.
1f615.png
I spent easily an hour between this one and another SE Custom 24 with a purple top that had a one piece neck that was noticeably thicker and not nearly as comfortable for me. I will say this is probably the best playing guitars I've ever owned.
prsse24_small-jpg.716
Hi Jep, welcome to the forum. Enjoy the heck out of your new guitar.

Same as before, we love pictures because we’re all guitar junkies!:D

Hi all I’m Simon from Scotland but been living over here in Japan for the last near 20 years. I used to play guitar back when I was younger but with a lot of traveling and ending up here didn’t have a guitar for some years

I bought my first PRS about a year and a half ago a CE in Trampas Green and just recently bought my second a Core Custom 24

On a side note my CE looks really like the one on the PRS website is there anyway to find out if it was the one they photographed?

Hi all I’m Simon from Scotland but been living over here in Japan for the last near 20 years. I used to play guitar back when I was younger but with a lot of traveling and ending up here didn’t have a guitar for some years

I bought my first PRS about a year and a half ago a CE in Trampas Green and just recently bought my second a Core Custom 24

On a side note my CE looks really like the one on the PRS website is there anyway to find out if it was the one they photographed?

I'd say we need pictures. :)

Thanks for the welcome will get pictures up when I work out how to I know how we all love pictures of guitars. ;)

I'm Ed, from Orange County, CA. I joined in March and realized I never popped in here for an introduction. My apologies.

In March, I had my first NGD in over 20 years. I took my '70s era Guild acoustic in for some minor repairs and setup work. While waiting to talk to the tech, I started playing acoustics sitting in the shop. One was a 2013 PRS SE Angelus Custom. It was love at first strum. I sold the Guild the same day the repairs were finished.

I know a lot of guitar folks will give me the raised eyebrow and say, "Wait a minute. You sold a vintage Guild to buy a used Korean guitar?" Damn straight. This thing is amazing. I can't put it down.

Maybe I should be thinking about getting a PRS to replace the Strat... :)

Anyway, glad to be here, though I suppose I'll be mostly hanging out in the acoustic forums for now.

Welcome to the PRS Forum!

New members...old members: Who are you? Where are you from? How did you end up on a PRS Forum? How did PRS get on your radar?

I have known/never owned PRS since early 90s.Went to factor late 90s. Now had Layoff/Job search I thought again of jobs as a sander at PRS. I applied last week-I have a Job interview today at PRS pre assembly. Needless to say I'm over the moon about it. I can't even sleep I'm so excited about interview. I love the Chesapeake too and would move from DC area to Delvmarva peninsula. Guitar 'trader'/beginner player here. "If you do what you love you love what you do".
Your thoughts on this question are welcome-I would always where coat and tie to an interview, shall I adhere to that for PRS Intvw or is that overdoing it? Or no jacket fine; no tie just slacks nice shirt? I plan on coat and tie. Thanx for reading!
Eddie

Hi, my name is Kyle. I found this forum when I got my S2 Standard 24. Hated the pickups, but the overall feel of the guitar was too amazing to not bring it home from the store. I'm in the US Air Force so its probably a waste of money for me to buy new guitars and equipment since the odds of me finding a band and gigging are slim, but I like what I like. Originally from Alabama, and despite popular belief, I despise country music and go more for jazz/blues/rock.

I got my first PRS earlier this year, and I joined this forum to see if any mods or worthwhile pickup swaps were done (same guitar as mentioned above). I also have a Taylor 214 CE, American Standard Strat, a busted old Peavey, and I have two custom archtops that I'm working with a few luthiers to build for me.

Last edited:
Back