Introduce yourself!

standards don't have the maple top, all mahogany.
but i don't remember if they came stock with moon inlays and the birds where an option or not.
besides that they were identical.

So, I'm now the new guy on the forum and wanted to ask some questions.

I just purchased a SE Custom 24 30th Anniversary Quilt Top in Vintage Sunburst, through a private sale. Can anyone answer any of the following?:

How many of this type and color were made?

Was this a strictly a European release, or where they released in the US too?

What would be the approximate collectors value based on Good to Very Good Physical and being fully functional.

Thanks in advance.

p.s. I will post up my own pictures once I get home from vaca.

Welcome Wakester.

Number is probably a bunch. They were not limited.
I’m pretty sure there were quilts in the US.
I doubt if they have any collectors value, best indicator of value is what you paid.

Welcome Wakester.

Number is probably a bunch. They were not limited.
I’m pretty sure there were quilts in the US.
I doubt if they have any collectors value, best indicator of value is what you paid.

Thanks for the welcome. I ask about numbers and all because I don't see a lot of used ones like mine in the US Markets, and all the "New" ones were from UK Sellers. I know value is subjective, but was wondering because I bought mine for what seems to be below market value. (I once traded a Garage sale Guitar for a $250 Squire, that garage sale guitar eventually sold to a collector for over $1000.)

Thanks for the welcome. I ask about numbers and all because I don't see a lot of used ones like mine in the US Markets, and all the "New" ones were from UK Sellers. I know value is subjective, but was wondering because I bought mine for what seems to be below market value. (I once traded a Garage sale Guitar for a $250 Squire, that garage sale guitar eventually sold to a collector for over $1000.)
Sometimes you’re lucky with an instrument, if you are you might make a bit.

It’s a matter of timing and market popularity etc.

Enjoy your new guitar

Howdy, new guy here. My name is Joe and I haven’t played guitar in over 20 years. You know - life, kids, career and all that non-sense. I’m trying to deal with this mid-life crisis the best way possible. Last year I learned how to ride a motorcycle and bought one of those. I tried to get my daughter to start playing guitar but she wanted nothing to do with it so I thought, why not get yourself one?
So, now I’m doing a little shopping for a new guitar. Hoping the SE may scratch the itch as it seems to be a pretty good bang for the buck.

Last edited:
Howdy, new guy here. My name is Joe and I haven’t played guitar in over 20 years. You know - life, kids, career and all that non-sense. I’m trying to deal with this mid-life crisis the best way possible. Last year I learned how to ride a motorcycle and bought one of those. I tried to get my daughter to start playing guitar but she wanted nothing to do with it so I thought, why not get yourself one?
So, now I’m doing a little shopping for a new guitar. Hoping the SE may scratch the itch as it seems to be a pretty good bang for th Lee buck.
Hey Joe, welcome

Hello everyone and nice 2018!
I'm Luigi from Italy, and this is my first post.
I'm owner of a 2005 standard 24 (bought used on january 2008) and a 2012 swamp ash special (brand new june 2016).
The standard is definetely my main guitar, great volume unplugged and it roars in the amp.
The SAS... i have yet to discover it :eek:
No custom for me till now, but... who knows what the future will bring?

Good choice and a strong color!

Hey Now!
So, I am very excited to be ordering a Hollow-body II 10-top w/ Piezo on order. I will be contacting customer service tomorrow to see if there is a 'natural' finish available? I am a first time owner from the Shenandoah Valley of Virginia. I play with a band and solo. Glad to be here.
~ grateful dave

Last edited:
Hey everyone, Jon here. That's me in the profile pic, many moons ago. I'l be 56 this year and still enjoy playing guitar every chance I get. I have a few but do love PRS guitars. One day I'll have a core model, maybe as a retirement gift to myself!

I purchased a Black SE Custom Semi-Hollow in the first year they were out...changed it's pickups but it's a great guitar and sees a lot of use. I bought a Sienna S2 Starla a couple years ago because my wife's name happens to be Starla! I told her I bought the guitar to honor her and she said "you're just using that as a reason to get a new guitar'. It's true, but I do love the guitar and play it a lot.

My newest will be an SE 24 Custom Floyd. It's been on back order since before Christmas, it's one of the exclusive finishes for Guitar Center/Musicians Friend/Music 123 - a black quilt top with black pickups and rings, can't wait!

I play these and others in local bands and at Church whenever they let me. Glad to be here and I look forward to interacting with everyone on the site.

Cheers and Happy New Year!

Hey everyone, Jon here. That's me in the profile pic, many moons ago. I'l be 56 this year and still enjoy playing guitar every chance I get. I have a few but do love PRS guitars. One day I'll have a core model, maybe as a retirement gift to myself!

I purchased a Black SE Custom Semi-Hollow in the first year they were out...changed it's pickups but it's a great guitar and sees a lot of use. I bought a Sienna S2 Starla a couple years ago because my wife's name happens to be Starla! I told her I bought the guitar to honor her and she said "you're just using that as a reason to get a new guitar'. It's true, but I do love the guitar and play it a lot.

My newest will be an SE 24 Custom Floyd. It's been on back order since before Christmas, it's one of the exclusive finishes for Guitar Center/Musicians Friend/Music 123 - a black quilt top with black pickups and rings, can't wait!

I play these and others in local bands and at Church whenever they let me. Glad to be here and I look forward to interacting with everyone on the site.

Cheers and Happy New Year!
Welcome Jon

Back