Introduce yourself!

Hey, Guys! How's everyone been doing lately? I'm a newcomer on this site and really love the idea of learning more about PRS.

I'm an old newbie here, if that makes any sense. Found this forum researching PRS pups...glad I did.

What can I say? I fooled with guitars in my youth. Life happened and started raising a family. Very limited time off (oilfield) and kids took priority over my hobby. Kept an old Strat and a "Mississippi Mustang", along with a Peavey amp around the house collecting dust for years. Kids became teens and they picked it up...with the help of tabs and later, YouTube, they exceeded my abilities. Schedule lightened up and recently, the bug found me again...through my sons. Without knowing how else to explain it, guess I'm making up for lost time or its a slippery-slope thing. Acquired a few classic guitars that I lusted after back in the day but couldn't afford as a kid. Then found PRS. Bought one...then another...and another ....and another...and another....and so on. I see each as a tool and God knows it hard to get by with just one tool in your toolbox. I used to be proud of my first couple of new PRS purchases (and related equipment)....but now, I sort of keep them on the down-low for fear that I may be heading for guitar re-hab. My guitar playing sons (3x) seem to be able to relate. I haven't found a PRS that I like better than another....only ones I like in a different way than another....sometimes....as I picked up a second Mark Holcomb yesterday (configuration/bang for the buck thing). I've always heard the term "gearhead" but.... Honestly, they put a smile on my face and how can I put a price on that?

One of these days.....is now.

Z
That's awesome. I got my 3rd PRS this year. CE 24 new edition, then a Studio with a 10 top in charcoal burst. The killer is a Artist Package 408 in Jade Green. My God, these guitars never cease to amaze me with their tone! This is coming from a committed Tom Anderson Guitarworks owner! I have 4 of those, and comparing the 2 is like comparing a Mazerati to a Ferrari. They have different sounds, with the Andersons sounding more Vox amp Strat like, and the PRS more humbucking sounding, but with great Strat like abilities. I give thanks that I have both options. Have too many guitars? You can sell them if you have too, but you cant sell a vacation you took if you need the money. Nice way to justify GAS! Rock on!

Hello all, just wanted to say hello from beautiful Vancouver, B.C. Canada.

Last night I bought my first PRS, a used 2015 513. I've not had long to play with her, but so far I'm very impressed!!

Can't believe it's taken me this long to get over a silly thing like a headstock!! LOL

Unfortunately I can't find the code on this one, I didn't get the PRS hangtag with the guitar (long gone according to the previous owner) no sticker on the case and when I pulled the bridge pup (after a net search on where said number might be) I found the piece of paper with the number covered in grey shielding paint!! AAARRRGGGHHH!!!

Anyway, looking forward to learning a lot more about PRS' in the future here.

Cheers, Dave

Welcome Dave! I've been to BC severaI times, I love that place!...Some of, if not the best Mt. Biking in North America!! IMHO.
Enjoy your new PRS! Jump right in...I have a responsibility to tell you...be sure to post up some pics of it ASAP...beware the Hello Kitty Uke! Trust me on this...The Uke is real! ;) Glad you're here!

Welcome Dave.
We can use more Canadians here.

Welcome Dave! I've been to BC severaI times, I love that place!...Some of, if not the best Mt. Biking in North America!! IMHO.
Enjoy your new PRS! Jump right in...I have a responsibility to tell you...be sure to post up some pics of it ASAP...beware the Hello Kitty Uke! Trust me on this...The Uke is real! ;) Glad you're here!

Thanks for the welcome guys, appreciated!! Not really sure what the whole "hello kitty uke" thing is? Must be in inside forum thang!!

Thanks for the welcome guys, appreciated!! Not really sure what the whole "hello kitty uke" thing is? Must be in inside forum thang!!

It just means until you post pucs of your sweet new PRS we're going to assume it's something like a Hello Kitty ukulele, or worse....:D

I'm not much of a talker, and much less a player, but I do enjoy guitars and appreciate the folks sharing knowledge/experience/etc. on this forum. I recently bought my first PRS; a Grey/Black 2007 SE Custom, and was amazed at how well I bonded with it. The nut width and scale length felt "just right", and the body size, shape and weight felt almost perfect to me.

Now, I don't have GAS, but I am a curious sort, so I began contemplating if a beveled top and wide-thin neck might feel even more perfect, and the next thing I know, a Semi-Hollow somehow arrives to confirm my thoughts (it's the one in my profile pic). The great thing is that the second, while it does feel more comfortable, has not diminished my fondness for the first one.

I hope to be able to get some decent pics made at home. In the meantime, I'll put up a couple I pulled from the seller listings...

OCQn2sem.jpg
fXwcBbym.jpg

Last edited:
Back