Introduce yourself!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Guitargonish, Jun 28, 2012.

1. Alnus Rubra

Alnus Rubra Loving nature’s wonders

Welcome to the party Jeff, nice choice of guitars

ScottR and BirdsOfAFeather like this.
  2. Alnus Rubra

Welcome valv3h you’ve joined a crazy crew here!

ScottR likes this.
  3. BirdsOfAFeather

BirdsOfAFeather New Member

Thanks Alnus! Next up is trying to find Photo hosting website to post pics here, Since Photo-kick-the-Bucket has turned evil!:confused::p

ScottR likes this.
  4. Alnus Rubra

Keep on trying my friend, the guys will keep you right.

ScottR likes this.
  5. Single_tone

Single_tone New Member

Hey, Guys! How's everyone been doing lately? I'm a newcomer on this site and really love the idea of learning more about PRS.

ScottR likes this.
  6. Alnus Rubra

Welcome Single_tone

ScottR likes this.
  7. ScottR

ScottR If nobody saw it, it didn't happen.

Welcome to the forum! Glad to have you!

8. Kid Metric

Kid Metric New Member

That's awesome. I got my 3rd PRS this year. CE 24 new edition, then a Studio with a 10 top in charcoal burst. The killer is a Artist Package 408 in Jade Green. My God, these guitars never cease to amaze me with their tone! This is coming from a committed Tom Anderson Guitarworks owner! I have 4 of those, and comparing the 2 is like comparing a Mazerati to a Ferrari. They have different sounds, with the Andersons sounding more Vox amp Strat like, and the PRS more humbucking sounding, but with great Strat like abilities. I give thanks that I have both options. Have too many guitars? You can sell them if you have too, but you cant sell a vacation you took if you need the money. Nice way to justify GAS! Rock on!

ScottR likes this.
  9. moleng1

moleng1 New Member

Hello all, just wanted to say hello from beautiful Vancouver, B.C. Canada.

Last night I bought my first PRS, a used 2015 513. I've not had long to play with her, but so far I'm very impressed!!

Can't believe it's taken me this long to get over a silly thing like a headstock!! LOL

Unfortunately I can't find the code on this one, I didn't get the PRS hangtag with the guitar (long gone according to the previous owner) no sticker on the case and when I pulled the bridge pup (after a net search on where said number might be) I found the piece of paper with the number covered in grey shielding paint!! AAARRRGGGHHH!!!

Anyway, looking forward to learning a lot more about PRS' in the future here.

Cheers, Dave

ScottR likes this.
  10. veinbuster

veinbuster In the cards

Welcome Dave.
    We can use more Canadians here.

ScottR likes this.
  11. ScottR

Welcome Dave! I've been to BC severaI times, I love that place!...Some of, if not the best Mt. Biking in North America!! IMHO.
    Enjoy your new PRS! Jump right in...I have a responsibility to tell you...be sure to post up some pics of it ASAP...beware the Hello Kitty Uke! Trust me on this...The Uke is real! ;) Glad you're here!

12. Collywobbles

Collywobbles New Member

Hi, I thought I’d introduce myself. As per the guide at the start of the thread I’m not sure when I first heard of PRS although I think the first ones I saw were at the old Music Ground store in Doncaster (England). This was probably in the very early 1990s before they moved to Leeds and before Music Ground’s later, what shall we say, ‘escapades’... (Google them – they were great….) From memory, the guitars were all new and on display in a PRS-branded rack that was situated towards the front of the store, right by the till. I thought they were too ‘posh’ for me so didn’t try any (I’d been trying vintage Fenders beforehand). You didn’t see many PRS in England in the late 1980s / early ‘90s and I can’t remember seeing any on my many trips to Denmark Street in London, although I’m sure there must have been some. The next one I can remember was an almost new 1997 Custom 24 on display in Play It Again Sam, in Derby, sometime in the late 1990s. That was followed by stumbling upon a huge display of PRS guitars at an event of some sort held at what was then Carlsbro Retail in Nottingham, circa 1998/1999 as a guess. I recall playing several and really liking what I know now was the Custom 24 (identifiable in retrospect as I distinctly remember it had zebra pickups, which I loved the look of). Anyway, the first PRS I bought was a new Santana 2 in 2000, purchased from the legendary Jeff Pumfrett (RIP) at Machinehead Music in Hitchin. I kept that almost 10 years and traded it for another PRS. So far, I think I’ve had ten PRS, most of them fairly early sweet-switch guitars. I’ve learnt I’m not really a lots of guitars sort of person so I’ve tended to follow a fairly strict one-in, one-out policy. Along the way my favourite was probably a very bashed 1988 Signature that I foolishly traded for another PRS. To date it’s the only guitar I’ve ever regretted selling. The earliest PRS I’ve owned was an ‘85 VY Custom that was one of the first forty made – black-lined case, moons, a trem block that was a work of art by itself, and the almost never seen 7 and 8 pickups (essentially differently stamped versions of very early T and Bs). That guitar’s now long gone, traded along the way for something else that took my fancy... Although a fan of the older guitars, having flicked through Private Stock Friday I’ve been very impressed with what I’ve seen, especially the left handed red Custom I could see a few posts back. That said I think if I were to dream up my own custom PS-built guitar it’d just be a rehash of an old Custom, albeit with simpler electronics and more traditional PAF-like pick-ups.

ScottR likes this.
  13. Alnus Rubra

Welcome Collywobbles

Collywobbles likes this.
  14. ScottR

Hi Collywbbles, glad you're here! Welcome to the forum!

Collywobbles likes this.
  15. moleng1

moleng1 New Member

Thanks for the welcome guys, appreciated!! Not really sure what the whole "hello kitty uke" thing is? Must be in inside forum thang!!

16. bodia

bodia Authorities said.....best leave it.....unsolved

It just means until you post pucs of your sweet new PRS we're going to assume it's something like a Hello Kitty ukulele, or worse....:D

17. moleng1

moleng1 New Member

AH!! Tomorrow I promise!!

18. AllenTN

AllenTN New Member

I'm not much of a talker, and much less a player, but I do enjoy guitars and appreciate the folks sharing knowledge/experience/etc. on this forum. I recently bought my first PRS; a Grey/Black 2007 SE Custom, and was amazed at how well I bonded with it. The nut width and scale length felt "just right", and the body size, shape and weight felt almost perfect to me.

Now, I don't have GAS, but I am a curious sort, so I began contemplating if a beveled top and wide-thin neck might feel even more perfect, and the next thing I know, a Semi-Hollow somehow arrives to confirm my thoughts (it's the one in my profile pic). The great thing is that the second, while it does feel more comfortable, has not diminished my fondness for the first one.

I hope to be able to get some decent pics made at home. In the meantime, I'll put up a couple I pulled from the seller listings...

[​IMG] [​IMG]

#1698 AllenTN, Nov 27, 2017
    Last edited: Nov 27, 2017
  19. veinbuster

veinbuster In the cards

Welcome Allen
    Nice guitars

AllenTN likes this.
  20. AllenTN

AllenTN New Member

Thanks