Introduce yourself!

Hello everyone. I've recently picked up my first PRS and it's a doozy. I can't believe how much better the play-ability of these guitars are compared to others. I picked this up on a trade for a fender custom shop. I LOOOVE the semi-hollow tone. It's just perfect for this guitar.

I'm looking to add a 594 now. :)

I will post some pics in the general forum.

Hey there! Welcome to the forum, and congrats on your first!

Hi all! Looking forward to get busy in this forum. I've recently acquired a PRS SE 2017 Bernie Marsden. A wonderful Guitar - I think they were only available in Europe?

I've done a 18 minute review of the Guitar which is on my youtube channel 'Guitar Talk *unedited'. Once I've posted 3 times in this forum I will post a link. Has any else got experience to share with the newer 2017 Bernie Marsden?

Looking forward to hearing from you all!

Jim from England :)

Hi all! Looking forward to get busy in this forum. I've recently acquired a PRS SE 2017 Bernie Marsden. A wonderful Guitar - I think they were only available in Europe?

I've done a 18 minute review of the Guitar which is on my youtube channel 'Guitar Talk *unedited'. Once I've posted 3 times in this forum I will post a link. Has any else got experience to share with the newer 2017 Bernie Marsden?

Welcome Jim.

Hello everyone. I've recently picked up my first PRS and it's a doozy. I can't believe how much better the play-ability of these guitars are compared to others. I picked this up on a trade for a fender custom shop. I LOOOVE the semi-hollow tone. It's just perfect for this guitar.

I'm looking to add a 594 now. :)

I will post some pics in the general forum.
It does tend to be a revelation, doesn't it. Welcome!

Haven't seen them for sale here but maybe a few will make it over. Welcome, and good video!

Just wanted to introduce myself. I'm from Southern Tier of New York State. My first PRS will be arriving tomorrow. A long awaited lefty SE Custom 24 Fire Red Burst.

Just wanted to introduce myself. I'm from Southern Tier of New York State. My first PRS will be arriving tomorrow. A long awaited lefty SE Custom 24 Fire Red Burst.

Welcome to the forum, congrats on your new PRS...we're glad to have you! ×

Hang around here and you'll find some of the coolest and most helpful folks you cold ask for! Enjoy, your new PRS!! Oh, be sure and post up some pics! Let us see that glorious lefty!

Keeping with the theme of the thread from way back apparently, Wow! First time I saw PRS guitars was when they first came out(telling my age aren't I);) back in the late 80's. But they weren't speaking to me since its was all about Jackson, Charvel, Kramer Super Strats ! PRS's were pretty and all, price was in the range of a custom Jackson at the time which kept me away! Fast forward 4 years, the music changed and so did my taste in guitars! GNR and a friend that lived behind me traded his Kramer Baretta for a Les Paul Custom Silverburst that perked my interest when he brought it over..... Now, I'm hunting a Les Paul and found a used 1980 Wine Red Standard for 500 bucks, So everything should have been smelling like Roses*pun intended*:p

WRONG! First off it was heavy, But being a young whipper snapper it wasn't bothering me. Then reaching for that epic 22nd fret high E bend.....it choked dead?! What the fret was going on! Every time that fret was played the note died immediately, zero sustain. Took it to a luthier who was also baffled by what it was doing, said he couldn't fix it and chalked it up as some inherit fault from Gibson. So the dream Les Paul is now trade bait and I have been noticing the cool colored Ads in all the guitar mags for PRS guitars. Price was keeping me away still, But then found a job at a small guitar store! Finally,I had more money coming in and could get Gear at dealer cost! Problem though that store didn't sell PRS....so I played other brands for a while until GAS for a PRS couldn't be quenched!

Armed with some guitars and gear I head down to the biggest guitar shop in town, Hell bent on trying a PRS! There I'm greeted with a wall of easily 15 or more Reeds varying from 88' to brand new 91' models in all colors....Whoo boy, which one do I start with and what color do I want! Well after staring at the wall forever..... decided to pick a Purple 10-Top Custom 24 with a Regular neck shape. Then the guitar proceeded to stay in Layaway for a looong time till that 2100.00 total was payed for.....whew! Then I found a used Black 1990 CE that rounded off my PRS arsenal. Kept those guitar for a long time and loved them till foolishly thinking the grass was greener on another guitar, So I traded them and regretted it to this day.

But after those 2 PRS's, I never owned another one?! .........Till NOW! Fast forward over twenty years to 2017 and have bought 3 PRS's this year! First one was a 20th Anniversary CU 24 Trem 10-Top in Whale Blue, Second was a 2014 P24 Piezo Trem 10-Top in Jade, and the third one is being shipped as we speak.... a 2010 SC in Burnt Orange with a solid Rosewood neck that no one knows what species it is? Hopefully, someone here might know of a special run they did back in 2010 till I finally have it in my hands ? Heck, don't know if the scale length is 24.5 or 25???

Looking forward to getting to know some fellow PRS peeps! Take Care everyone, Jeff

Welcome to the forum Jeff, Great story and it sounds like you've landed some beauties while joining your long lost flock. Glad to have you!

Hi there! Just joined the forum to learn more about PRS Guitars! I've always been an Ibanez and Fender user but I think its about time to have my own PRS! :cool:

Cheers!

Welcome to the forum val3h! Welcome to the good stuff!;)

Hi there! Just joined the forum to learn more about PRS Guitars! I've always been an Ibanez and Fender user but I think its about time to have my own PRS! :cool:

Cheers!
Welcome aboard valv3h, Don't do what I did and go for to long without a PRS, There beautifully crafted instruments!

Back