Introduce yourself!

Hey guys,

New member to the board. I recently made the best decision of my life and picked up a Custom 24 wood library. I couldn't be happier! I've played guitar for about twenty years now and have toured the states, Europe and Canada. I use to use a 77 Gibson LPC or a strat, but after finally getting the chance to play some quality PRS guitars the Gibson was sold and the Custom 24 was purchased! Now to the dawn of a new era!!!

I wanna thank Graham over at Brian's Guitars for helping out and of course Brian for having an amazing shop.

Without further ado My custom 24.

DSC_5831.jpg

DSC_5838.jpg

DSC_5843.jpg

My Custom 24 wood Library specs:
single piece quilted maple 10 top in satin, ribbon mahogany back, a satin mahogany neck with an ebony fretboard.

Welcome to the forum! Great looking guitar!

Hey everyone, nice to meet you!

My name is Germán (g pronounced as an h) and I'm a full-time recording and touring guitar player and audio engineer. Life is funny, I moved from Mexico to Costa Rica last year where I met the incredible staff of Guitarras 357, they are the distributor for PRS in the country. They took me in to handle their social media strategy, content and marketing duties. Fast forward to now, I'm the proud owner of a beautiful DGT Artist package.

After having the advantage of playing a lot of PRS that come through the door, demo them and getting to know the lineup. I chose the DGT because of it's versatiity and overall tone, I went with a maple neck and rosewood fretboard because that's what I usually prefer. It's a terrific instrument that will get me through a lot of sessions and I feel like I can channel my own voice through it.

I'm looking forward to get to know everyone around here.

Last edited:
Hello everyone. Brian here. Just got my first PRS yesterday. So stoked about it. Thinking of naming it Honey Bee in honor of the late Tom Petty. Quick question. How do you add photos from Flickr? For the life of me, I can't figure this out.

Hello everyone. Brian here. Just got my first PRS yesterday. So stoked about it. Thinking of naming it Honey Bee in honor of the late Tom Petty. Quick question. How do you add photos from Flickr? For the life of me, I can't figure this out.

Welcome to the Enablers Club!

From the pic page on flickr/Imgur?etc click the direct link button, then click the above photo icon and paste the image address.

Hi ladies and gents. Dave form Maryland here and new to PRS over from Ibanez, Singer who always wanted to play guitar and it never made sense to me..then it happened.This is the one that started it all in which i learned to trust my musical ear..and it all made sense. This guitar reminds me everyday to believe in myself and whats possible.
IMG_4402 by David Forshey, on Flickr

And then there's these silly things
IMG_4401 by David Forshey, on Flickr

IMG_4398 by David Forshey, on Flickr

Rock on..

Hey everyone, nice to meet you!

My name is Germán (g pronounced as an h) and I'm a full-time recording and touring guitar player and audio engineer. Life is funny, I moved from Mexico to Costa Rica last year where I met the incredible staff of Guitarras 357, they are the distributor for PRS in the country. They took me in to handle their social media strategy, content and marketing duties. Fast forward to now, I'm the proud owner of a beautiful DGT Artist package.

After having the advantage of playing a lot of PRS that come through the door, demo them and getting to know the lineup. I chose the DGT because of it's versatiity and overall tone, I went with a maple neck and rosewood fretboard because that's what I usually prefer. It's a terrific instrument that will get me through a lot of sessions and I feel like I can channel my own voice through it.

I'm looking forward to get to know everyone around here.
DGT1.jpg

Welcome to the forum German glad to have you!

Hi ladies and gents. Dave form Maryland here and new to PRS over from Ibanez, Singer who always wanted to play guitar and it never made sense to me..then it happened.This is the one that started it all in which i learned to trust my musical ear..and it all made sense. This guitar reminds me everyday to believe in myself and whats possible.
IMG_4402 by David Forshey, on Flickr

And then there's these silly things
IMG_4401 by David Forshey, on Flickr

IMG_4398 by David Forshey, on Flickr

Rock on..

Welcome Dave! Glad your here.

Welcome to the forum Brian! Your Honey Bee is beautiful! Ok...that sounded really weirdo_O

Hey there! Wanted to join and say hello. Name is Casey. I've had dozens of guitars over the years, but after downsizing a bit I'm down to a single PRS SE Custom 22 in whale blue. She is a beauty IMHO, but I'm about to pull the trigger on a new US setup and I'm having a hard time deciding what to do.

I've read good and bad about the new CE's, I've played one with 0 complaints. Played some S2's with no complaints either. I have a chance to snag a 2006 CE24 tomorrow and think that might be the one I'm leaning towards (2006 in red with hard case vs new CE in satin finish). I really like the carved tops and just hope the guts are good.

Anyways, I'm just rambling now. Looking forward to learning my way around here. I'll never own a bulk of the stuff posted here, but it's nice to see others enjoying musical artwork.

Welcome home cshallcross !
You said :
I've read good and bad about the new CE's, I've played one with 0 complaints. Played some S2's with no complaints either.
I never read bad thinks about the new CE24, could you develop or send the articles which are bad about the new CE ? Thanks

Welcome home cshallcross !
You said :

I never read bad thinks about the new CE24, could you develop or send the articles which are bad about the new CE ? Thanks
I think they were mostly knocking the use of Korean hardware, plastic birds and taking away the violin carve with a more mellow s2 carve applied.

Again, I'm not bashing at all. I've had Gibsons, Fenders including just about every series Strat with my emerald Deluxe being my #1, and my current SE keeps up just fine. I was actually about to go buy an S2 as the satin finish got my interest, and then from there I saw a used CE24 with the new satin red/grey smoke finish. It got the wheels turning and as of today I'm still on the hunt.

A local deal just fell through on a 2002 Custom 22 in emerald, but now I'm debating a seafoam green 305...so clearly I'm all over the place.

This is the current love IMG_1666-2 by cxcxsx, on Flickr

Trying to decide if I'm going to pull the trigger on a seafoam green 305 tonight, or pass. I've had it added to my cart all day and I think I need it. Would probably mean selling the SE though. I feel like that would be a good cause.

Greetings and salutations, in Central Va and recently purchased a Vela as my 1st PRS. She is currently having a few mods being done, and then I'll post some pics.

Greetings and salutations, in Central Va and recently purchased a Vela as my 1st PRS. She is currently having a few mods being done, and then I'll post some pics.

Congrats on your first, and welcome to the forum.

Back