Introduce yourself!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Guitargonish, Jun 28, 2012.

1. VoxAC30HW2

VoxAC30HW2 New Member

Hello I am new here and this is my first post I had my first PRS Custom 24 back in 1988
    and it was a great guitar wish that I still had it today. Now I have a chance to get a used
    1995 Custom 22 in Natural with the wide thin neck and Bird inlays. It has the push pull
    on the Tone control and a 3 way switch.

sergiodeblanc likes this.
  2. sergiodeblanc

sergiodeblanc Rah rah ah ah ah!

Hey buddy, welcome!

3. Tube18

Tube18 New Member

Brand new here, just bought a used Custom 22, wonderful gear I have to say, first PRS for me

4. AP515

AP515 Mostly Normal

Welcome Tube18 :)

5. Mbroadster

Mbroadster I told you I was sick, but no.......

Hello all,
    This is my first post.
    Long time player but got my first PRS in 2014, an S2 CU 24 in Amber Violin. More recently, I have obtained a Sonzera 50 watt combo, and an S2 CU 24 in Whale Blue (85/15 pups). I officially have the PRS bug. Looking forward to your posts.
    Cheers,
    Jimmi

PauloSilva likes this.
  6. bodia

bodia Authorities said.....best leave it.....unsolved

Hey there Jimmi, welcome to the forum!

PauloSilva likes this.
  7. Mbroadster

Mbroadster I told you I was sick, but no.......

Thanks Bodia !

8. PRS311Tribute

PRS311Tribute New Member

Jumping in the big PRS forum world. Have owned 8 different CU and CE 24's. Thanks to idolizing Tim Mahoney in the 90's. Still own 6. Wish List: PS Tim Mahoney and finding my original 1998 CU 24 SN:626719 that I sold back in 2005 when buying my first house.

Hello All

9. bodia

bodia Authorities said.....best leave it.....unsolved

Welcome to the Forum!

10. PauloSilva

PauloSilva New Member

Hi. My name is Paulo Silva. I play guitar in a band called Blame Zeus. I've own several PRS guitars. Now, i have two Prs's Se, 2016 and 2017 and love them. I've recorded our second album almost entirely with my Prs Se Custom, floyd Rose

11. veinbuster

veinbuster In the cards

Welcome Paulo.

PauloSilva likes this.
  12. PauloSilva

PauloSilva New Member

Thank you!

13. Plush

Plush New Member

Hi, I´m new in the PRS family. I have a PRS Baritone SE 277 Semihollow Spalted Maple since the last month. Now, in theory, a Sonzera 20 is on the way ;). Hello to everybody!

14. pj1967

pj1967 New Member

Hi all, been playing guitar for nearly 35 years and a PRS owner for almost 10 years. Started off playing Fender Strats and Gibson semi-hollow bodies. Being heavily influenced by Alex Lifeson, I gravitated to the same kinds of guitars he has used over the years, and had been ogling PRS guitars since early 90s, but was too poor as a college student to get one then...lol.

Finally, I jumped into the PRS "pool" back in 2008 when I picked up an SE and was very impressed with it. So impressed that shortly after I bought a core model '08 CU24, then found a great deal on an '07 McCarty Korina. While at that time, the CU24 became my main axe, I wasn't fully taken in by the McKorina. I think that the stark difference in neck profiles between the CU24 and the McKorina was a difficult adjustment. Also around that time, I had picked up a couple LP's with '60s neck profiles which fell in right between the CU24 and McKorina. For a short while the LPs became my main axes, and thus my hand started to adjust. Just as I was seriously considering selling the McKorina, I gave it one more honest "shot" and I was hooked. The McKorina has the right combination of feel and sound for me and the neck profile didn't bother me anymore. I also started researching more about it and found that it's possible that it has a brazzy fretboard...the serial number seems to be in the right lot. Then, a couple weeks ago, I saw a beautiful wine red '13 McKorina with brazzy fretboard on reverb.com and had to have it....lol. Sooo, now I'm in the deep end of the PRS pool....lol

One thing I've noticed with the newer McKorina is it is "brighter" sounding. With 6 years difference between them, can any one comment on the kind of pickups the two have...if they are different based on their years of production?

PJ

#1574 pj1967, Aug 5, 2017
    Last edited: Aug 5, 2017
  15. veinbuster

veinbuster In the cards

Hi Plush and pj1967.

16. AJT

AJT 2017 PRS Custom 24 SE Cherry Sunburst

I just joined this forum. An avid guitar nut I just recently purchased a PRS SE Custom 24 which I love! I just got it because I loved the way it played and sounded. Plus I love the aesthetics! I'm not much of a techie when it comes to guitars but all my past acquisitions have always been based on a connection with a guitar. One I usually would pick up and play for hours before pulling the trigger.

In this case the PRS drew me in after checking out numerous Fenders and Gibsons.

I have two American Strats which I love and have owned Gibson Les Pauls in the past but have never owned a PRS until now!

17. toothace

toothace At least I'm good at dentistry

Welcome aboard AJT! You'll find plenty of enablers here!

What's your next PRSi gonna be??o_O

18. Gethin.W

Gethin.W New Member

Hello all. I joined last night. Looking forward towards getting to learn some more about PRS and certainly hope to further my interest with more purchases of said guitars. My first PRS (and only to date) is a PRS SE Tremonti Custom :) will try to upload a photo of it! Had it set up with a nice, low action and D'Addario 10/56 (Pretty heavy gauge).

19. veinbuster

veinbuster In the cards

Welcome Gethin

20. JSanta585

JSanta585 New Member

Another new guy but not new to PRS. Back in 2001 I believe I bought the first gen Santana SE that I considered to be my first nicer guitar after playing a 1997 Squier Strat and an Epiphone LP100 (which was truly awful).

Fast forward a few years I had a CU24 that I foolishly traded away rather than replace the 5-way rotary.

Anyway, just yesterday my 2007 HBII in deep cherryburst was delivered. After a quick tweak to the truss rod and new strings, I am incredibly impressed with the guitar. It's replacing a Benedetto Bambino I'm selling as the guitar is great at what it does, but nothing else. The PRS is simply fantastic and the older Archtop pickups are incredibly clear, they even sound good with high gain.

My current stable of guitars are a couple of Carvin's (one 7 string), a 1997 Parker Fly Artist, which I play through a Helix LT.

Thanks all!