Introduce yourself!

Hello all,
This is my first post.
Long time player but got my first PRS in 2014, an S2 CU 24 in Amber Violin. More recently, I have obtained a Sonzera 50 watt combo, and an S2 CU 24 in Whale Blue (85/15 pups). I officially have the PRS bug. Looking forward to your posts.
Cheers,
Jimmi

Hello all,
This is my first post.
Long time player but got my first PRS in 2014, an S2 CU 24 in Amber Violin. More recently, I have obtained a Sonzera 50 watt combo, and an S2 CU 24 in Whale Blue (85/15 pups). I officially have the PRS bug. Looking forward to your posts.
Cheers,
Jimmi

Hey there Jimmi, welcome to the forum!

Jumping in the big PRS forum world. Have owned 8 different CU and CE 24's. Thanks to idolizing Tim Mahoney in the 90's. Still own 6. Wish List: PS Tim Mahoney and finding my original 1998 CU 24 SN:626719 that I sold back in 2005 when buying my first house.

Hello All

Jumping in the big PRS forum world. Have owned 8 different CU and CE 24's. Thanks to idolizing Tim Mahoney in the 90's. Still own 6. Wish List: PS Tim Mahoney and finding my original 1998 CU 24 SN:626719 that I sold back in 2005 when buying my first house.

Hello All

Welcome to the Forum!

Hi. My name is Paulo Silva. I play guitar in a band called Blame Zeus. I've own several PRS guitars. Now, i have two Prs's Se, 2016 and 2017 and love them. I've recorded our second album almost entirely with my Prs Se Custom, floyd Rose

Hi, I´m new in the PRS family. I have a PRS Baritone SE 277 Semihollow Spalted Maple since the last month. Now, in theory, a Sonzera 20 is on the way ;). Hello to everybody!

Hi all, been playing guitar for nearly 35 years and a PRS owner for almost 10 years. Started off playing Fender Strats and Gibson semi-hollow bodies. Being heavily influenced by Alex Lifeson, I gravitated to the same kinds of guitars he has used over the years, and had been ogling PRS guitars since early 90s, but was too poor as a college student to get one then...lol.

Finally, I jumped into the PRS "pool" back in 2008 when I picked up an SE and was very impressed with it. So impressed that shortly after I bought a core model '08 CU24, then found a great deal on an '07 McCarty Korina. While at that time, the CU24 became my main axe, I wasn't fully taken in by the McKorina. I think that the stark difference in neck profiles between the CU24 and the McKorina was a difficult adjustment. Also around that time, I had picked up a couple LP's with '60s neck profiles which fell in right between the CU24 and McKorina. For a short while the LPs became my main axes, and thus my hand started to adjust. Just as I was seriously considering selling the McKorina, I gave it one more honest "shot" and I was hooked. The McKorina has the right combination of feel and sound for me and the neck profile didn't bother me anymore. I also started researching more about it and found that it's possible that it has a brazzy fretboard...the serial number seems to be in the right lot. Then, a couple weeks ago, I saw a beautiful wine red '13 McKorina with brazzy fretboard on reverb.com and had to have it....lol. Sooo, now I'm in the deep end of the PRS pool....lol

One thing I've noticed with the newer McKorina is it is "brighter" sounding. With 6 years difference between them, can any one comment on the kind of pickups the two have...if they are different based on their years of production?

PJ

Last edited:
Welcome to the PRS Forum!

New members...old members: Who are you? Where are you from? How did you end up on a PRS Forum? How did PRS get on your radar?

I just joined this forum. An avid guitar nut I just recently purchased a PRS SE Custom 24 which I love! I just got it because I loved the way it played and sounded. Plus I love the aesthetics! I'm not much of a techie when it comes to guitars but all my past acquisitions have always been based on a connection with a guitar. One I usually would pick up and play for hours before pulling the trigger.

In this case the PRS drew me in after checking out numerous Fenders and Gibsons.

I have two American Strats which I love and have owned Gibson Les Pauls in the past but have never owned a PRS until now!

Hello all. I joined last night. Looking forward towards getting to learn some more about PRS and certainly hope to further my interest with more purchases of said guitars. My first PRS (and only to date) is a PRS SE Tremonti Custom :) will try to upload a photo of it! Had it set up with a nice, low action and D'Addario 10/56 (Pretty heavy gauge).

Another new guy but not new to PRS. Back in 2001 I believe I bought the first gen Santana SE that I considered to be my first nicer guitar after playing a 1997 Squier Strat and an Epiphone LP100 (which was truly awful).

Fast forward a few years I had a CU24 that I foolishly traded away rather than replace the 5-way rotary.

Anyway, just yesterday my 2007 HBII in deep cherryburst was delivered. After a quick tweak to the truss rod and new strings, I am incredibly impressed with the guitar. It's replacing a Benedetto Bambino I'm selling as the guitar is great at what it does, but nothing else. The PRS is simply fantastic and the older Archtop pickups are incredibly clear, they even sound good with high gain.

My current stable of guitars are a couple of Carvin's (one 7 string), a 1997 Parker Fly Artist, which I play through a Helix LT.

Thanks all!

Another new guy but not new to PRS. Back in 2001 I believe I bought the first gen Santana SE that I considered to be my first nicer guitar after playing a 1997 Squier Strat and an Epiphone LP100 (which was truly awful).

Fast forward a few years I had a CU24 that I foolishly traded away rather than replace the 5-way rotary.

Anyway, just yesterday my 2007 HBII in deep cherryburst was delivered. After a quick tweak to the truss rod and new strings, I am incredibly impressed with the guitar. It's replacing a Benedetto Bambino I'm selling as the guitar is great at what it does, but nothing else. The PRS is simply fantastic and the older Archtop pickups are incredibly clear, they even sound good with high gain.

My current stable of guitars are a couple of Carvin's (one 7 string), a 1997 Parker Fly Artist, which I play through a Helix LT.

Thanks all!

Welcome to the Forum! Congrats on the new HBII

Back