Introduce yourself!

Welcome! Have you ever tried a 12-fret 00 for fingerstyle?

Yep, my primary is my Martin CEO 7 which is a 14 fret short scale 00 size but I have played quite a few 12 fret models. My only 12 fret at the moment is a National resonator but I like 00 sized guitars a lot...
-Jim

Hi everyone. New to the forum (just signed up today!)

30 something PRS player here, looking forward to trading stories/tips/banter with yall!

Hiya!

Long time Art & Lutherie acoustic player. I got the urge to try an electric, and this past Christmas Santa brought me a Custom22 semi hollow. Love, love, and more love. I've become a total PRS fanboi and today just ordered a new Angelus so I can add the birds to my acoustic stuff. Psyched for it to arrive! :)

Hi everyone - new member. I just received my first PRS late last week - '97 PRS CE24; picked up from Reverb. Love the guitar - used it at a 2 hour gig Sat evening. Other than two songs (slide/alt tuning) - PRS all evening.

Other equipment: 2011 Gibson Les Paul, 2012 Fender American Standard Strat, 2013 Gibson SGJ, '62 Warmoth Tele, '92 Ibanez RG-550DY, '03 Carvin Bolt-T, 06 Alvarez AC/EL

Amps - Band - Carvin Legacy 1/2 stack / Home - Orange CR120 head & Orange 2x12 OB cab

Thanks for allowing me to join this forum, Bodie

Welcome to the PRS Forum!

New members...old members: Who are you? Where are you from? How did you end up on a PRS Forum? How did PRS get on your radar?
Hi, I'm in western Michigan. I am pleased to have purchased my first PRS in December of 2016. It is a most wonderfully playable axe. I will upload pics when I can figure out how to get a decent one. My PRS is a Brent Mason Signature done in natural finish Korina body, 408 bridge and neck pickups and a305 single coil middle pickup. It has bass and mid/treble mini coil tap switches and a 5 way blade switch. I became interested in PRS guitars while playing guitar with my jam buddy Jim and played his PRS.It was love at first play.I got into the forum because I was trying to get information on straps that would go over the extra large strap buttons. Got it figured out with the forum's help.

Hi all, I'm from Southern California and just got my first PRS yesterday. Had played Fender electrics before, along with a Takamine acoustic. This guitar is absolutely amazing; sound, feel and looks. It's a McCarty 594 single cut from Private Stock.

I also got a Custom 50 combo amp since my Marshall took a dive. It's my first tube amp and I have to say, it's so warm and full. I messed around for 6 hours yesterday just fiddling with the guitar and amp. I can't believe the sounds I'm hearing.

I lurked around here for over a year, trying to get as much info as I could. I've been saving $$$ for even longer, years it seems. I first picked up a buddy's PRS back in the early 90's. I played bass back then in a few bands. He had two, not sure what models but I still remember how they felt to play.

Off and on throughout the years, I would always run into a PRS, pick it up to play and just couldn't let it go. They are amazing guitars and I'm so happy to finally own one. I look forward to many years of happy playing.

This forum is a great resource with a bunch of great people. Unbeknownst to you all, you've helped me decipher a ton of info and I can't thank you enough. Now hopefully I can participate and give back.

Rock n roll...

-Chris

Hello to all, i've had a 1990 custom 24 since about '92 and am looking at hollowbodies currently to increase my collection.

Been playing 25+ years and teaching 15 of those.

I play in a couple of bands at present; The Old Avengers - Funk, 70s, Steely Dan, Stevie Wonder, Tower of power.
and Simply Dan - Steely Dan tribute

We play around london and the south east of England, i'll post some links up as soon as i've got a few posts under my belt.

Hello to all, i've had a 1990 custom 24 since about '92 and am looking at hollowbodies currently to increase my collection.

Been playing 25+ years and teaching 15 of those.

I play in a couple of bands at present; The Old Avengers - Funk, 70s, Steely Dan, Stevie Wonder, Tower of power.
and Simply Dan - Steely Dan tribute

We play around london and the south east of England, i'll post some links up as soon as i've got a few posts under my belt.

Welcome to the Forum!

Back