Introduce yourself!

Thanks HB! I'm usually not too comfortable in fancy places where it's frowned upon if you're not wearing underwear. And pants. I probably gotta watch my mouth here with The Man hangin' out & such. But I had to join to tell these folks that it was a Truly Golden Thing they did for the Man Himself, Sergio. And to offer up my big sh*t eating grin for Sergio & his new, glowing, beautiful guitar. It was a very special thing this place did (I should know, eh?) and I just had to put on some fancy sweats & join. :)

Pants are optional here too. But yeah, I still wake up every day thinkin' I'm dreamin'.

Hello, new to PRS. Just picked up my first PRS and it fit me so well went and got another(Both SEs). Will be getting a SC250 or SC245 or a 58 for sure. As for me I just started playing again after 30 or so years and have found THE guitar(s).

Greetings, all! I brought home my first PRS last fall (a McCarty 594), and just happily discovered this forum's existence. After a hiatus from many years of playing, some hands-on time with various models quickly confirmed that is my ideal instrument. It feels amazing to be up and running again on such a gorgeous beast -- now I just have to shake off a lot of rust.

Greetings, all! I brought home my first PRS last fall (a McCarty 594), and just happily discovered this forum's existence. After a hiatus from many years of playing, some hands-on time with various models quickly confirmed that is my ideal instrument. It feels amazing to be up and running again on such a gorgeous beast -- now I just have to shake off a lot of rust.
Welcome flux, and boy you chose a beauty to embark on your PRS journey!

Hello, new to PRS. Just picked up my first PRS and it fit me so well went and got another(Both SEs). Will be getting a SC250 or SC245 or a 58 for sure. As for me I just started playing again after 30 or so years and have found THE guitar(s).
PRSi will do that to ya. Enjoy!

I love my PRS so much I sold my strats and lp's and am looking to grow my herd. Truly an amazing versatile instrument, I've owned a lot of guitars in my 40+ years of playing, nothing compares to a PRS. Guess I have a lot of catching up to do. Could someone point me in a direction, other than go <blank> myself, where I could find cool mods and wirings, or is that taboo because PRS makes a perfect product out of the gate? Thanks for having me. :)

Welcome!
Sounds a lot like my story 5 years ago.
PS - You can still learn "new stuff"! (I was not so sure when I started back up again)

Welcome!
Your story sounds a lot like mine as well 5+ years ago. The good news is that you can get back your chops and still grow as a player! Enjoy the journey. I have also learned a heck of a lot about guitars from the people in this forum.

Welcome!
Your story sounds a lot like mine as well 5+ years ago. The good news is that you can get back your chops and still grow as a player! Enjoy the journey. I have also learned a heck of a lot about guitars from the people in this forum.

Thanks for the encouraging words! For a bit I was very concerned about future growth as (since bringing home the 594) I was diagnosed with rheumatoid arthritis, which I was definitely not expecting at 45. Thankfully we caught it very early on and there's zero joint or bone damage, so far it's very manageable with medication, and I'm very hopeful it won't become a hindrance for now. The more time I spend on the fingerboard, the more my dexterity and strength get back to form, and it sure feels like I'm on track to regain and expand on the old chops. I was pretty delighted that my picking hadn't totally fallen apart (hooray for muscle memory!).

There's definitely a wealth of experience to be found here on the forum, and I've learned a bunch in just a week of sifting through current and older threads. This beauty is my first PRS but I've been playing since 1983 (minus a 7-odd-year break), and worked on the music retail end for stores in Michigan and Texas, including a stint doing purchasing for a now-defunct mom-and-pop chain at NAMM. I did a fair amount of light tech work and setups as well, and loved working on WIlkinson and Floyd Rose trem systems. Thorough reading is awakening all sorts of stuff that's been dormant in my brain for a while, it's a bit like waking up from a coma, haha.

The easy part was finding the guitar of my dreams, now I just have to satisfy some gear needs after downsizing, but it's sure shaping up to be lots of fun.

Cheers!

Hi everyone, Monique here. I am a long-time PRS fan but just finally joined the forums. I currently have an SE Anniversary Custom 24 which I've modded myself and am always on the look-out for a great deal on a US Custom 24. Nice to meet you all. :)

Back