Introduce yourself!

Well, I am done. Absolutely no luck obtaining the guitar I was wanting before what looks like some time in possibly April. I appreciate the positive vibe here, and may some day own a PRS myself but it looks like it isn't meant to be anytime soon. Thanks all.

Well, I am done. Absolutely no luck obtaining the guitar I was wanting before what looks like some time in possibly April. I appreciate the positive vibe here, and may some day own a PRS myself but it looks like it isn't meant to be anytime soon. Thanks all.
April is just the other side of winter. Get your name on a couple of dealer lists to call when one comes in. No guarantee they will all remember they put you on a list, but someone will come through. And lots of us have trolled dealer listings of new arrivals.

I forget how many months it took me to get my first PRS, but it was worth it and now I've owned it for over 20 years.

Hi Folks - new member here from San Diego, been a long time fan of PRS guitars and finally pulled the trigger and got myself an early Christmas present today. I went with a McCarty 594 in Honey with a 10 Top; I've owned 3 SE Models in the past, sold them all for no reason in particular. Usually when I get GAS I can't convince myself to make the leap and spend the money for a Core line model but this time I finally went for it and already know I made the right decision. When I spend a decent amount of cash I usually get a twinge of buyers remorse but that didn't happen this time around. In addition to this beauty I own an American Standard Strat, and a Carvin CT624.

I'll post pics, or a link to some pics once I get past the required 3 post rule. Anyway looking forward to participating in the forum.

Dan

Hi Folks - new member here from San Diego, been a long time fan of PRS guitars and finally pulled the trigger and got myself an early Christmas present today. I went with a McCarty 594 in Honey with a 10 Top; I've owned 3 SE Models in the past, sold them all for no reason in particular. Usually when I get GAS I can't convince myself to make the leap and spend the money for a Core line model but this time I finally went for it and already know I made the right decision. When I spend a decent amount of cash I usually get a twinge of buyers remorse but that didn't happen this time around. In addition to this beauty I own an American Standard Strat, and a Carvin CT624.

I'll post pics, or a link to some pics once I get past the required 3 post rule. Anyway looking forward to participating in the forum.

Dan

Welcome, and congrats on your first picked a great one!

Hello to everybody, I play guitar from about 45 years ( I'm 65.....) . My Prs is a Custom22 black cherry with rotator selector pickups and I love it. Never changed anything, pickups are Dragon II

Hey guys,

My name is Ulrich and I live in Belgium. Been playing guitar for over 20 years and I run my own business providing private guitar tuition.

Been playing PRS for years: PRS CE24 (2004) and PRS CU24 (2003). Both second hands instruments I take great care of, and mostly lots of fun to play.

Music wise I mostly play rock and pop with a couple of bands. I also publish from times to times on my youtube channel, but I'm currently trying to be more serious with that. Check it out: https://www.youtube.com/USofguitar.

See you around!

Hi I'm Missy,

I'm a beginner_intermdiate level player, and I've started playing with a Gibson SGJ about 3 years ago; back then I didn't know for sure if I would keep playing so I got an entry level guitar that sounded good and was easy to play. My husband is getting me a new PRS ce 24 (McCarty Tobacco Sunburst) for Christmas, and I am so ecstatic and really looking forward to getting it since I've been in love with PRS guitars for a couple of years now. Anyway, I was wondering if new PRS guitars come with a great set up or will I need to take it into the shop for some fine tuning? Thanks.

Hello from Dayton, Ohio! I'm Danny Ball aka BallsofDoom. I am sorta new to PRS guitars, I just "graduated" after owning Gibson and ESP most of my career. Right now I currently own a Custom 22 and I have a SE Custom 22 Semi Hollow on the way! Stoked.

Hi all. New here. I'm from Australia but am currently living in the Philippines. I play a 2003 PRS Custom 24 in Blue mateo. It's my main guitar, but i also have a 7 String SE, Tremonti SE, and two recent additions, a 1989 CE 24 and a 2007 CE. The 89 CE i found here in the Philippines. It's very clean for the age. barely any fret wear, no dings. The other CE i'm quite excited about. It's black, with a maple neck and fretboard, with black bird inlays. I've never seen one before. It's been confirmed that it was owned by Howard Leese. Really one of a kind.

Hi all,
Mike here from Florida. New to the forums. Been playing my SE for a couple of years. Looking to expand the collection soon.

Hello from Texas, where it's currently unusually chilly. I needed a sweatshirt when I went out to check the mailbox. As a former Montana native, I should be impervious to the cold...but I really get cranky when the temp drops below comfortable short sleeve weather.

Anyway, my name is Art, and I'm an addict...I'm addicted to collecting, modifying, building, accessorizing and (occasionally) playing guitars. My guitar collection currently has three PRS guitars, an S2 Standard 24, an SE CU24 FR, and my latest, an SE CU24 30th Anniversary in Trampas Green with an Ebony fretboard and creme binding all around! I also had a USA CU24, but in a moment of madness, I sold it a couple years ago, and have never forgiven myself. I'm currently, and desperately, trying to resist the urge to buy an SE Santana signature. The only reason I haven't bought it already is that I can't decide between the 22 fret 2016 model or the 24 fret 2017 model. Well, that, and I don't want to see my wife rolling her eyes when I buy another guitar...but that's sort of inevitable...it's gonna happen eventually anyway.

I arrived at this forum because I was reading up on doing a tremolo swap on my newest PRS...the tremolo is the only place were I really notice a difference between the SEs and my USA PRS. My reading brought me here, and from here, to the Mann Guitar Vault and his NOS tremolo.

Hello from Texas, where it's currently unusually chilly. I needed a sweatshirt when I went out to check the mailbox. As a former Montana native, I should be impervious to the cold...but I really get cranky when the temp drops below comfortable short sleeve weather.

Anyway, my name is Art, and I'm an addict...I'm addicted to collecting, modifying, building, accessorizing and (occasionally) playing guitars. My guitar collection currently has three PRS guitars, an S2 Standard 24, an SE CU24 FR, and my latest, an SE CU24 30th Anniversary in Trampas Green with an Ebony fretboard and creme binding all around! I also had a USA CU24, but in a moment of madness, I sold it a couple years ago, and have never forgiven myself. I'm currently, and desperately, trying to resist the urge to buy an SE Santana signature. The only reason I haven't bought it already is that I can't decide between the 22 fret 2016 model or the 24 fret 2017 model. Well, that, and I don't want to see my wife rolling her eyes when I buy another guitar...but that's sort of inevitable...it's gonna happen eventually anyway.

I arrived at this forum because I was reading up on doing a tremolo swap on my newest PRS...the tremolo is the only place were I really notice a difference between the SEs and my USA PRS. My reading brought me here, and from here, to the Mann Guitar Vault and his NOS tremolo.

Welcome!

Back