Introduce yourself!

Tomorrow is supposed to be NGD if the man in the big brown truck cooperates. I've been a PRS fan since I was in high school, and after many years finally pulled the trigger. I'll post pics and details once it's safely in my hands, but it should be pretty cool. This site has been a great resource and I look forward to learning more from everyone here.

Welcome aboard!

Tomorrow is supposed to be NGD if the man in the big brown truck cooperates. I've been a PRS fan since I was in high school, and after many years finally pulled the trigger. I'll post pics and details once it's safely in my hands, but it should be pretty cool. This site has been a great resource and I look forward to learning more from everyone here.
Here it is: my new 1999 Custom 22/408 conversion. The previous owner sent it in to the PTC for a V12 refinish and had them install the 408's while they had it. Wide thin neck, Birds, 10 top, and possibly the only lefty 408 (sort of) out there. I love it!

So, sitting here enjoying a nice scotch on the rocks as I look at pictures of the new Hollowbody II I ordered a few hours ago. I simply can not wait until it arrives; probably Thursday or Friday (today is Monday).

I have an American Deluxe Tele, an American Special Strat, a Les Paul Standard and a Gibson CS 339. The PRS Hollowbody is filling a void in tone. For those that care, I have 3 custom built acoustics as well.

Can't wait to get my hands on the new guitar. The clock is ticking.......

Just signed up here. I hope to learn a lot by hanging here and meet new friends in the PRS fold.
I have been a PRS owner since 2010. Currently own a McCarty, an SE 245 and a SE Santana. All great guitars!
I play blues & classic rock, but listen to anything that has a guitar in it !

JW

Just signed up here. I hope to learn a lot by hanging here and meet new friends in the PRS fold.
I have been a PRS owner since 2010. Currently own a McCarty, an SE 245 and a SE Santana. All great guitars!

JW

Welcome aboard JW!

JW
Welcome abord JW!

JW :)

Welcome to the PRS Forum!

New members...old members: Who are you? Where are you from? How did you end up on a PRS Forum? How did PRS get on your radar?
Greetings all, I just signed up, no more than fifteen minutes ago. I am very new to guitars and playing. I essentially know nothing. I am sixty-six and just started
seven months ago. I live in Chicagoland.
The main reason for coming on this forum is that I wondering if I've bitten off more than I could chew. Two hours ago I bought a used PRS SEBudweiser Guitar. I don't drink beer; Scotch Whiskey is my go to. :) I bought the guitar through LetGo. I paid $150 for it, which included a brand new Roadrunner gig case. I was attracted to the guitar because I know Davy Knowles quite well and he had been using PRS, plus I met Mr. Smith a couple of years ago. Okay, so, the guitar looks like it has been ridden hard and put away wet. I thought it would perhaps be a project guitar. So, I have questions regarding the guitar and if I should attempt to restore it and repaint. Also, what is GAS? If it is guitar addiction syndrome, I may have it. :)
I will appreciate any and all responses. Thank you. Bails

Greetings all, I just signed up, no more than fifteen minutes ago. I am very new to guitars and playing. I essentially know nothing. I am sixty-six and just started
seven months ago. I live in Chicagoland.
The main reason for coming on this forum is that I wondering if I've bitten off more than I could chew. Two hours ago I bought a used PRS SEBudweiser Guitar. I don't drink beer; Scotch Whiskey is my go to. :) I bought the guitar through LetGo. I paid $150 for it, which included a brand new Roadrunner gig case. I was attracted to the guitar because I know Davy Knowles quite well and he had been using PRS, plus I met Mr. Smith a couple of years ago. Okay, so, the guitar looks like it has been ridden hard and put away wet. I thought it would perhaps be a project guitar. So, I have questions regarding the guitar and if I should attempt to restore it and repaint. Also, what is GAS? If it is guitar addiction syndrome, I may have it. :)
I will appreciate any and all responses. Thank you. Bails

Welcome! Its never too late to play! :) I suggest getting the guitar to a local shop or GuitarCenter to have it setup and checked... Feel free to do whatever you want to it since its not a $3000+ guitar (which I have none of as well). I think GAS is actually "Guitar Acquisition Syndrome", the act of buying and selling, and buying, and buying, and selling, and buying again, and then buying some more.

Welcome! Its never too late to play! :) I suggest getting the guitar to a local shop or GuitarCenter to have it setup and checked... Feel free to do whatever you want to it since its not a $3000+ guitar (which I have none of as well). I think GAS is actually "Guitar Acquisition Syndrome", the act of buying and selling, and buying, and buying, and selling, and buying again, and then buying some more.
Thanks 86. I think I'll clean it up first before bringing it in. It simply wasn't taken care of, and I would be too embarrased to bring it in as is.

Hello everyone,
Just want to introduce myself.
My name is Johan and I live in Stockholm Sweden.

My newest guitar is the Lovely American Tremonti gray black with the trem, serial 199148.

My other Prs is the Se 245 black with altered pickups

//Johan Lindblom

Hello forum folks! Newb here, contemplating a PRS purchase (1st) and need to absorb some of your experience and information. Thanks, as I've enjoyed reading/ searching the forum post so far.

Greetings. New to this forum and a first time PRS owner as of this week, having gotten a new SE 245. Love it. I have been primarily a Fender player since starting out 25 years ago, but ?i now have full blown PRS fever. Looking at the Mira and Starla as my next acquisition.
Hi to all I also just bought a new se 245 with p90s and prior to that I played fenders for 25 years but I couldn't be happier with my PRS It's my first and it's a keeper.

Hi to all I also just bought a new se 245 with p90s and prior to that I played fenders for 25 years but I couldn't be happier with my PRS It's my first and it's a keeper.

Congrats on your first! And, welcome to the Forum.

Welcome Johan, Knob Twister and Doug, congrats on your guitars!

Howdy! I'm new here too. Signed up last night. I'm new to guitar; bought a Yamaha acoustic over Memorial Day weekend, and a week later bought a slightly (more likely barely) used PRS SE Custom 24, 2014 model, in trampas green with black back. I've since loaned the acoustic to a friend in Chicago because I barely touched it after getting the PRS.

I'm a programmer by trade but should have been a musician. In the last six months, I've also acquired Logic Pro X, a FocusRite 6i6, three MIDI keyboards (two 25's and a 49), a Yamaha DTX430 electronic drum setup, and a didgeridoo. And I've owned a violin for about 13 years, which I learned one song on and got bored with it, but have wanted to get back into it. I'm kinda going OCD about it, but I'm determined to learn all this stuff and get decent at it.

It was Guitar Center that actually got me interested in the PRS guitars. The day I was there looking at electrics, I had about settled on a Strat (knowing nothing about them or any other electric for that matter) until another customer standing nearby suggested the PRS. I picked it up and it instantly felt ideal. It was out of my price range, but I found a used one like I mentioned above.

Back