Introduce yourself!

WOW!! Lots of newbie posts I've missed. Welcome all you new members!! Just so you know, we need pics or you're all playing an epiphone;)!

Welcome Lee! Nice write up. But, it brings up a question; what's the 2nd one going to be? :D

Thanks for the welcome, Bodia! I'm tempted to find another old EG, maybe an EG-4 for the bridge bucker. Out of the new models, I really like the look of Paul's Guitar. That is a real beaut, especially the brush stroke bird inlays. It'd be really cool if something like the Brent Mason model came out in a 25" scale. I never have been able to swap scales on the fly without my changes slopping up a bit, you know?

Thanks for the welcome, Bodia! I'm tempted to find another old EG, maybe an EG-4 for the bridge bucker. Out of the new models, I really like the look of Paul's Guitar. That is a real beaut, especially the brush stroke bird inlays. It'd be really cool if something like the Brent Mason model came out in a 25" scale. I never have been able to swap scales on the fly without my changes slopping up a bit, you know?
Nice! You'll get plenty of encouragement around here, that's for sure. Love your tag line too!

Nice! You'll get plenty of encouragement around here, that's for sure. Love your tag line too!

Not original of course, I happened to be listening to Macklemore on the radio while putting a new set of strings on the PRS, which has the Phase 1 winged locking tuners, and that one verse of the song fit serendipitously. :)

Hi all, my one electric is a 1998 McCarty Soapbar in Raspberry made for winter NAMM 1999 numbered 7/21. Ten, birds, gold. In 2009, I sold my black 335 Studio which I liked but I wanted a lighter and more compact guitar. Looked around a while and finally located the McSoap which is a true joy in every way and a keeper for sure. For history buffs, I found it at Gryphon in Palo Alto and, according to the tags etc, the original store to have it was the old Zone store in Cotati. That's all I know but if someone has more info that would be most welcome. Music is a hobby and I always enjoy learning more. I like blues, jazz, fusion. Have an old Polytone and also a Mesa rig: Studio Pre, 20-20, Mesa Cab.

Hello!

Joined the forum to participate beyond just lurking. The Private Stock Fridays thread got me through hours of hospital room waiting recently, as my wife and I welcomed our second child into the world.

I have two PRS guitars currently, never-say-never but I'll probably never get rid of these two :)

First is a 2014 Custom 24, it has a Pattern Regular neck, and HFS & VB pickups. All stock except I put a tremel-no on it to block the trem. It's a bit of a case queen, but I do try and get it out more frequently these days.
002%20-%20Copy.jpg

Second is a 2015 S2 Singlecut semi-hollow. The stock pickups are fine, but I replaced them with with a set of Bareknuckle Abraxas that are fantastic. I also put core Volume pots in it, mostly for feel as they turn easily with one finger. It's my frequent grab-off-the wall guitar and gets a lot of daily use.
Seller pic:
s-l1600%201.jpg

Last edited:
Hello!

Joined the forum to participate beyond just lurking. The Private Stock Fridays thread got me through hours of hospital room waiting recently, as my wife and I welcomed our second child into the world.

I have two PRS guitars currently, never-say-never but I'll probably never get rid of these two :)

First is a 2014 Custom 24, it has a Pattern Regular neck, and HFS & VB pickups. All stock except I put a tremel-no on it to block the trem. It's a bit of a case queen, but I do try and get it out more frequently these days.
002%20-%20Copy.jpg

(Just visible to the right is my Fender Strat partscaster)

Second is a 2015 S2 Singlecut semi-hollow. The stock pickups are fine, but I replaced them with with a set of Bareknuckle Abraxas that are fantastic. I also put core Volume pots in it, mostly for feel as they turn easily with one finger. It's my frequent grab-off-the wall guitar and gets a lot of daily use.
Seller pic:
s-l1600%201.jpg

Welcome! I put a set of Abraxas in my SE Bernie. You're right, they're fantastic.

Congrats on the new addition to your family as well!

Hello, I'm brand new here. I've a couple of PRS: custom 22 and 24. I love them although I'm mostly a "singlecoil" guy. I'm sure here I can find some real experts of these great guitars. Ciao from Italy.

Hello from Dodge City Kansas,

I started playing guitar when I was 10. Played my first gig in 1969 and my last, with a band, in 1989. I started on Country but have always been a rocker. I loved the 80's. In my opinion the peak of guitar players when it comes to class. Even though I'm probably considered and old man by many, I'm 60, My favorite bands are rock. Ratt, Night Ranger, Motley Cure etc. I've always been a Gibson man myself but I'm not apposed to change. I have 9 guitars of various brands. I have never played a PRS and have plans to buy one but I want to get a good one. I know all brands have good, fair and some bad.

Looking forward to some education.

Last edited:
First post- I'm from Smyrna, GA. Just got a 2012 Custom 24 Gold Top. I'm a lefty and I've been playing for almost 30 years and this is my first PRS. I've played a Ron Kirn Tele for two years and ran into this one. I've had it for two days and I absolutely love it. The first thirty minutes were a little challenging due to the size and fretboard radius but after a couple of hours....I'm good to go. Love it. Looking forward to drooling over pics here! Thanks!

First post- I'm from Smyrna, GA. Just got a 2012 Custom 24 Gold Top. I'm a lefty and I've been playing for almost 30 years and this is my first PRS. I've played a Ron Kirn Tele for two years and ran into this one. I've had it for two days and I absolutely love it. The first thirty minutes were a little challenging due to the size and fretboard radius but after a couple of hours....I'm good to go. Love it. Looking forward to drooling over pics here! Thanks!

Welcome to the Forum. Great score for you first too!

Welcome Rainmaker! You can get used to the neck carve differences with little effort, if you let it. They all have their good attributes and while you may have a favorite, they're all very playable. Btw, I'm a lefty, too, but play righty.

Hi all, just joined here as well. Long storied history with PRS guitars, including a few private stock guitars and just about every other model they made! I took a break from them for several years while I ventured into building my on guitars, recently came back with a vengence. First off was a Wood Library HB1,then a SC HBII, then this past week I found a 2000 (?) Santana 1 (evidently a special order), and a Signature Ltd. Thought I was done, then a unique Archtop II popped up for sale, tiger eye quilt 10 top. So now I have five PRSi, so I'd say I was back.

Hi all, just joined here as well. Long storied history with PRS guitars, including a few private stock guitars and just about every other model they made! I took a break from them for several years while I ventured into building my on guitars, recently came back with a vengence. First off was a Wood Library HB1,then a SC HBII, then this past week I found a 2000 (?) Santana 1 (evidently a special order), and a Signature Ltd. Thought I was done, then a unique Archtop II popped up for sale, tiger eye quilt 10 top. So now I have five PRSi, so I'd say I was back.

Welcome to the Forum. Way to make a grand entrance!

Hello folks! Name is RC. 37 yr old line cook/fabricator/"that guy who works at that one bar".......been a Gibson guy most of my life. Sprinkled in with a PRS or strat here/there. Play mostly acoustic stuff(folk/country/blues) currently am a few weeks away of getting a national 12 string el trovador in Koa wood and rope binding!!!....but every now and again I like to play with electricity! Naturally, being a Gibson guy I'm definitely intrigued with the MSC and the 594......
I really appreciate the craftsmanship that I see in PRS guitars. Every detail done as if they were making a guitar for themselves instead of for you!!! Anyway looking foward to learning/loving/laughing with all you cats! CHEERS!

Back