Introduce yourself!

Hi all.. my name is Jeff and I'm from TN. I had a PRS years ago and I had to sell it but I'm getting ready to purchase a new one for Christmas. SE 245..
Can't wait to get it,.

Jeff

It's only polite to introduce ones self

And so I will.
I'll leave the name and job stuff for the sig.
I bought my first PRS used in 1988 or so, a Std24. I had heard of these, and got lucky enough to find one. Wish I still had it, but I sold it to buy a Super 400...
I play Klein guitars a lot. I have three. I know Lorenzo German pretty well. (Please, if you're one of his former customers, don't ask me to help you get your guitar that you ordered way back there, I have one on order too.). I try to keep my GAS disease under control, but guitars are tax write offs for me, so it's pretty easy to justify them.
After years of looking at them again, I bought a Hollowbody Spruce from Brian Meader when he was still at Washington Music Center near DC, three years ago. Then I bought a Studio from him last year. I love that too. It sounds different, and I like that. I want a P22.
I play jazz. Not much rock and roll. But I do like to get a variety of sounds from a guitar, and these do it.
I really admire PRSh's drive to make a really good instrument. I've never met him, but I'd like to. He seems to be just a bit obsessed about making things as good as he can, and I really like that.
My job is in the Maritime provinces of Canada, and there's not much available. I'd like to try one of the new amps, but there aren't any near me there.
Guitars are more fun than just about anything else.
I'm in.

Hi all

I am about to become a PRS Guitars Floyd Custom 24 owner. It's currently in transit and should be with me tomorrow.

I usually play a Strat or a Telecaster, but wanted something with a bit `more' and I'm missing the Floyd system. i play mainly blues/rock covers.

I live in the south west UK.

Martin

Hello everybody.

Bought a 2006 PRS SE Singlecut a few weeks ago at Dave's Guitar Shop in La Crosse, Wisconsin. It is beautiful, a tobacco burst with a 3-way switch. It has a Paul Reed Smith signature on the back plate. I have been wondering about that, wondering about how it would have gotten there, wondering if the signature sets it somewhat apart from the usual SE.

I first saw a Paul Reed Smith several years ago being played by a good friend, Wade Fernandez. I don't play anywhere near the level he does, but was impressed by the beauty of his ax, so when it came time to purchase an electric, went for the PRS at one of the big PRS shops.

At any rate, the guitar plays beautifully. What a great tone, from high to low.

Hi all,

Finally got a Paul Reed Smith after, oh, 25 years of making poor excuses not to. I first saw one working a summer job in Colorado in 1990, when one of my friends there had a Custom 24. It was so beautiful with the curly top and the bird inlays, but I think I nearly fainted when my pal told me how much he paid for it.

I've mostly been a Strat/Superstrat player. A few weeks ago, I saw a black-on-black 1990 EG-3 at the local guitar shop and I fell hard. She's still dipped-in-glass gorgeous at 26, just a few pick scratches here and there and a couple marks on the headstock where the store's foam wrapped hanger had reacted with the nitro finish. A prior owner swapped out the original Duncans at some point for a set of Rio Grandes with nifty tortoiseshell tops, but she is otherwise stock. Needless to say, she plays like an absolute dream. The body and arm carves are both sexy and comfortable. The Pattern Thin has to be the most comfortable neck I've ever played on, totally Goldilocks all the way up to the carved heel. I love the trem! It seems to have some mass to it, it almost sounds like a lightning bar rather than a tremolo. The Delrin nut is still slippery enough that the tuning stays true while playing, and once I figured out the tuners were a 14:1 ratio and stopped over twisting, it's a cinch to tune her up. The wood has opened up nicely; she has more sustain than a bolt-on with single coils ought to aspire to. So many fine, thoughtful touches on this beautiful instrument!

Mike here, from Honokaa, HI. I just purchased my first PRS, a 2015 McCarty. I've always been a strat guy, but loved the tone of a les Paul. I was able to AB a 2002 McCarty with a les Paul, and while the Paul was great, the McCarty was better and definitely better in terms of playability. I don't know if I could stand a Paul for a three hour gig. My wife gave me her blessing after a year of waiting to buy one. Bless her heart for putting up with my incessant playing.

New guitar arrives in a week. First order of business...plug it into the JVM400JS and crank some rocking blues riffs!

Thank you PRS for making unbelievable guitars!

Hello everybody.

Bought a 2006 PRS SE Singlecut a few weeks ago at Dave's Guitar Shop in La Crosse, Wisconsin. It is beautiful, a tobacco burst with a 3-way switch. It has a Paul Reed Smith signature on the back plate. I have been wondering about that, wondering about how it would have gotten there, wondering if the signature sets it somewhat apart from the usual SE.

I first saw a Paul Reed Smith several years ago being played by a good friend, Wade Fernandez. I don't play anywhere near the level he does, but was impressed by the beauty of his ax, so when it came time to purchase an electric, went for the PRS at one of the big PRS shops.

At any rate, the guitar plays beautifully. What a great tone, from high to low.
Hi ya Jim.

Mike here, from Honokaa, HI. I just purchased my first PRS, a 2015 McCarty. I've always been a strat guy, but loved the tone of a les Paul. I was able to AB a 2002 McCarty with a les Paul, and while the Paul was great, the McCarty was better and definitely better in terms of playability. I don't know if I could stand a Paul for a three hour gig. My wife gave me her blessing after a year of waiting to buy one. Bless her heart for putting up with my incessant playing.

New guitar arrives in a week. First order of business...plug it into the JVM400JS and crank some rocking blues riffs!

Sweet. Welcome Mike The McCarty is most Excellent Enjoy.

Hi all,

Finally got a Paul Reed Smith after, oh, 25 years of making poor excuses not to. I first saw one working a summer job in Colorado in 1990, when one of my friends there had a Custom 24. It was so beautiful with the curly top and the bird inlays, but I think I nearly fainted when my pal told me how much he paid for it.

I've mostly been a Strat/Superstrat player. A few weeks ago, I saw a black-on-black 1990 EG-3 at the local guitar shop and I fell hard. She's still dipped-in-glass gorgeous at 26, just a few pick scratches here and there and a couple marks on the headstock where the store's foam wrapped hanger had reacted with the nitro finish. A prior owner swapped out the original Duncans at some point for a set of Rio Grandes with nifty tortoiseshell tops, but she is otherwise stock. Needless to say, she plays like an absolute dream. The body and arm carves are both sexy and comfortable. The Pattern Thin has to be the most comfortable neck I've ever played on, totally Goldilocks all the way up to the carved heel. I love the trem! It seems to have some mass to it, it almost sounds like a lightning bar rather than a tremolo. The Delrin nut is still slippery enough that the tuning stays true while playing, and once I figured out the tuners were a 14:1 ratio and stopped over twisting, it's a cinch to tune her up. The wood has opened up nicely; she has more sustain than a bolt-on with single coils ought to aspire to. So many fine, thoughtful touches on this beautiful instrument!

Welcome Lee! Nice write up. But, it brings up a question; what's the 2nd one going to be? :D

Hey Mike. Welcome to the forum, and congrats on your first!

Back