Introduce yourself!

Indeed it is. Incredibly smooth and easy to play and the coil tap is a nice feature.

Thanks for welcoming comments, I'll try to add stuff to my profile bio, gear, etc.later on tonight.
The neck split is absolutely beautiful imho. I wasn't sure about the pups at first but a few tweaks later I changed my mind.

Hi guys,
I'm the new one from Germany. ;)
At the moment, I just got an Epiphone Les Paul from 2004 which I bought in 2005 as my first electric. I was always the guy who saw himself with a nice 1959 reissue at some point - but to be honest due to the "interesting" company policy of the big G (for example, 2015 reissues don't even have a long neck tenon and I'm not willing to pay more than 8k for a True Historic), I turned away from them.
Noticing that Steven Wilson plays PRS, I looked around, watched some factory tours and interviews with Paul explaining his philosophy building guitars on Youtube and ultimately decided that if any, PRS is the company to buy from.
So, having played about 20 PRSi last month, I'm now on the hunt for my very own Custom 24 which I'm planning to buy in May. :)

Cheers!

My name is Jason and I just joined the forum.

I grew up with Incubus as my favorite band. The Morning View album is one of my absolute favorite albums, and I hope to one day play one of those McCarty Hollow bodies that Mike plays on the record. I've been a fan of PRS since then, and finally got my hands on a custom24 for my first PRS a couple years ago. Love it. I own a fender strat too but I've been jonesing for a Brent Mason model for awhile and ordered one the other day. Can't wait to play it!

I love seeing everyone's stories on here. The PRS forum is a great community!

I grew up with Incubus as my favorite band. The Morning View album is one of my absolute favorite albums, and I hope to one day play one of those McCarty Hollow bodies that Mike plays on the record. I've been a fan of PRS since then, and finally got my hands on a custom24 for my first PRS a couple years ago. Love it. I own a fender strat too but I've been jonesing for a Brent Mason model for awhile and ordered one the other day. Can't wait to play it!

Welcome! Morning View was GREAT! Saw them live on that tour. I was impressed that they were able to recreate the album live so effortlessly.

Hey Jason. Welcome aboard!

Hi everyone, John here, new guy from Ireland, got a P24 a few months back and haven't put it down since, 10 top blue crab blue burst , here's me doing some noodling ;)

37 years ago during the summer I was in Annapolis for the boat show and I was walking down a cobblestone street and came across a door with a little sign in it that said "Guitar Shop". I walked up 3 flights of stairs and in this attic shop I met this dude named Paul hunched over a guitar neck doing inlays.
We talked for a while and I left.The next day I cut out from the boat show early and went to the guitar shop and I told him how much I loved wood and guitars I insisted that this guy hire me as his apprentice.I told him I would work for free just so I could learn.I had no idea who he was or who he would become back then.For the next few weeks during the boat show I was a No show there and was working with Paul instead.I was his very first sander.I got to say that sanding those early curly maple tops and hanging out with Paul was a pretty cool experience.
I worked with him for the next few weeks and even stayed an extra week learning and working alongside one of the greatest luthiers in the world.We had some pretty cool conversations, but that is between him and I.It was a great summer though and I will always remember it.
I enjoy telling people of how I met and worked with Paul.The only thing that ever really bothered me was it would have been great to have thought of taking some pictures back then.
After 37 years of lost contact an old friend sent me one of the coolest gifts I have ever received.Easiest one of the best guitars I have ever played in my life.A beautiful red CE24

37 years ago during the summer I was in Annapolis for the boat show and I was walking down a cobblestone street and came across a door with a little sign in it that said "Guitar Shop". I walked up 3 flights of stairs and in this attic shop I met this dude named Paul hunched over a guitar neck doing inlays.
We talked for a while and I left.The next day I cut out from the boat show early and went to the guitar shop and I told him how much I loved wood and guitars I insisted that this guy hire me as his apprentice.I told him I would work for free just so I could learn.I had no idea who he was or who he would become back then.For the next few weeks during the boat show I was a No show there and was working with Paul instead.I was his very first sander.I got to say that sanding those early curly maple tops and hanging out with Paul was a pretty cool experience.
I worked with him for the next few weeks and even stayed an extra week learning and working alongside one of the greatest luthiers in the world.We had some pretty cool conversations, but that is between him and I.It was a great summer though and I will always remember it.
I enjoy telling people of how I met and worked with Paul.The only thing that ever really bothered me was it would have been great to have thought of taking some pictures back then.
After 37 years of lost contact an old friend sent me one of the coolest gifts I have ever received.Easiest one of the best guitars I have ever played in my life.A beautiful red CE24
Too cool! Welcome to the forum!

Back