Introduce yourself!

Parralax view

I initially joined the BaM forum soon after acquiring my one and only PRSi, a brand new 2004 McCarty. I was Parralax view there, and am here also. I live in Honolulu, Hawaii, but am originally from Dallas, Texas. Hula girl and all that drew me to Honolulu where I've been for almost 15 yrs. I don't play out much at all here but was active in Texas. Just as well, it's a rather closed musical society here and my "sponsor" moved to Ocean Side California leaving me with little entry. No matter, I still play daily, and love my PRS.

Robert Carr

Why can't I take my guitar everywhere??
Hello there. New PRS Guy, but not new to guitars. I've got a new 2014 Custom 24 Artist (Black/Gold), that I got from my wife after quitting smoking for 20 years. Should have done that sooner, but not telling her she's right. :)

Anyway, here's my new baby. **Edit** Pics attached/linked..
Back%20headstock%20no%20SN_zpsokupon2n.jpg

Body_zpsnjft680p.jpg

Last edited:

bodia

Authorities said.....best leave it.....unsolved
Welcome! Nice guitar! Shhhh on the wife knowing she was right!

As for pics, they have to come from a picture hosting site (like Photobucket, etc). You can then cut/paste them into a post.

LerxstFan

Hi all - I was on BAM for a few years, which only increased my need for more PRS guitars. I got into guitar in the late 80's and learned about PRS when I went to visit Drome Sound in Albany, NY when I was in college with my roommate who worked there part-time. As I was trading in my Kramer Baretta (my first electric) I saw a few cool and unique looking guitars. I'll never forget the vintage yellow CU24 and a black CE24 hanging on the wall. I couldn't afford either one, but knew then and there, I would have a PRS one day.

Fast forward to 1997, I bought a Royal Blue CE24 and have owned 8 other PRS since. I have been playing a Whale Blue '85 Tribute, and a Blue 2009 Experience in my all 80's cover band for the last four years. I have truly enjoyed the few times I have talked with Paul and listened to him at clinics in the Northeast. He's obsessed and that's awesome for all of us! I had a blast at the 2010 Experience - I'm looking forward to getting back to Maryland this June!

Parralax view

^^^^ Whatever you do, don't take up the ukelele! OMG, ;)

Too late. My wife is a virtual virtuoso on the little thing, having played since grammar school at Kamehameha schools where it was a required learning experience. We have 4 of them, a 1958 Kamaka, that I had restored for her, a Kamaka Tenor A/E that I bought for myself after learning how to play it well, and a couple of concert cheapies. Nothing is more relaxing to me than to sit under my palm tree and strum away. I don't do Hawaiian tunes, I know the vamps and such, but I play blues and dirty songs, and even rock songs. You haven't lived till you've heard The Animals played on ukulele...;-)

markintime

Wood Grain Devotee
Too late. My wife is a virtual virtuoso on the little thing, having played since grammar school at Kamehameha schools where it was a required learning experience. We have 4 of them, a 1958 Kamaka, that I had restored for her, a Kamaka Tenor A/E that I bought for myself after learning how to play it well, and a couple of concert cheapies. Nothing is more relaxing to me than to sit under my palm tree and strum away. I don't do Hawaiian tunes, I know the vamps and such, but I play blues and dirty songs, and even rock songs. You haven't lived till you've heard The Animals played on ukulele...;-)
Well, in that case, let's hear some clips! I love Sombrero the Rainbow!!!

mildew

Hi all, im mildew, got my first PRSi about a year ago, since then ive been selling off all my other electrics to fund more PRSi.

Fist i got a DC-22

prs_dc22.jpg

Then a Singlecut
prs_singlecut.jpg

And finally a triple soapbar CU22

prs_cu22_1.jpg

Best guitars ive ever owned :)

markintime

Wood Grain Devotee
Welcome to the forum, mildew. Nice collection you've got going there. Bit unusual accompanist. I have one too, but she can't carry a tune in a bucket!

What's up y'all? New guy here from San Antonio. I recently acquired a SE custom 24 Floyd in black QM. Beautiful guitar for the money BTW.
Anyway, not much to tell. Been playing since '85, self taught. I know bupkis about theory, reading music, scales etc. I play a good bit of metal, some blues and rock, mostly just like to play. My main guitars were mostly Ibanez. However, this custom 24 is really smooth and I love it, except I don't really care for the pickups though. Maybe they'll grow on me. IDK?
You guys have a really cool forum here and I figured that I'd join the action

bodia

Authorities said.....best leave it.....unsolved
Welcome aboard!
What's up y'all? New guy here from San Antonio. I recently acquired a SE custom 24 Floyd in black QM. Beautiful guitar for the money BTW.
Anyway, not much to tell. Been playing since '85, self taught. I know bupkis about theory, reading music, scales etc. I play a good bit of metal, some blues and rock, mostly just like to play. My main guitars were mostly Ibanez. However, this custom 24 is really smooth and I love it, except I don't really care for the pickups though. Maybe they'll grow on me. IDK?

kes7u

Wife's husband and Dog's dad
Welcome to the forum. Sounds great to me!!

Welcome to the forum El-Bastardo!

The SE 24 Custom Floyd is awesome!

Indeed it is. Incredibly smooth and easy to play and the coil tap is a nice feature.

Thanks for welcoming comments, I'll try to add stuff to my profile bio, gear, etc.later on tonight.