Introduce yourself!

Hello, I am BOBBY D :)

Guitarist for 40 years, 30 years in the music biz, former major label artist in the 90s and touring guitarist with a few different bands. Settled down in Key West and Fort Lauderdale Florida in the 00s, and still record and play lots of gigs in Key West and Miami areas.

if you like effects pedals, you may have run across one of my youtube demos over the years - I started doing these years ago before youtube gear demo vids became popular. I have nearly 400 video up at my youtube site:

https://www.youtube.com/user/roccotanto

My PRS history -- back in 88 I fell in love with an original Custom 24 and bought it (wish I still had it now).....also had a KILLER 1990 TV Yellow Standard that even Paul loved (he played it at Thoroughbred Music) and I also bought one of the very first Bonni Pink custom 24s (wish I still had that one too).....

However, the past 20 odd years I have been almost exclusively a "strat-cat" - playing all manner of S style guitars from vintage Fenders through boutique beauties like Tylers and Sadowskys.

But in the last year, I decided to change up my playing and I went back to PRS. Now I am loving my 2007 limited edition Korina McCarty with soapbar pickups and a brazilian rosewood board -- it's a KILLER guitar!

And I am chasing my PRS grail -- a faded blue jean Modern Eagle 1. Fell in love with one when they came out, but could not afford it. Still can't afford it now, but I have a better job than I used to and I am gonna save my pennies :)

So, enough about me.......hello to the forum and I hope you don't mind if I participate as well as lurk :shakehands:

Last edited:
I really love music and musical instruments a lot.I am very eager o know about guitars and how to play them.I join this forum to learn from your great experience.

Just discovered this forum after buying a PRS SE 'Floyd' Custom 24. In fact, it was an impulse buy - and what an impulse! I'm amazed by the quality at this price. It's wonderful to find an American manufacturer focused on high quality non-US construction, rather than just using it to compete on price with copyists. I've owned a wide range of guitars since the 70s, but sold off most of them in the 90s, when I realised my future didn't involve playing music for a living… Recently, I've been playing a lot more again, and so the SE is my second guitar of 2014, (the first was a Gibson). Hopefully there will be some more PRS guitars in the future. :)

Will

Hi name is Vladan, of VlaanMovies YT channel, from Belgrade, Serbia. I don't have any PRS guitars. I would not mind having one, or more, but can not justify that kind of money for something hardly more than a hobby.

Therefore I'll stick to general technical issues, music and playing. Actually I'm here because Google gave mi a link to here after "show your clips" search. So, once I become eligible, you can expect me to post some. They are mostly made of my car driving, as video support for my music, which, again is mostly guitar. I won't post anything not guitar oriented, rest assured.

Last edited:
Hi ! everyone...I'm from FRANCE and it's 1 pm (gmt) , rainy day, sad ....
I'm a junior member , instead of my dozens of years , and I have been playing for ...40 years I started with bad guitars, until I buy a Telecaster (1974) one year later, I've changed for a STRATOCASTER, still mine, some yeas later , I had BC RICH, EXPLORER, PRS CE24 (stolen) , I bought an other CE 24 I sold to buy a 50th anniv.FLYING V ( still mine) and I have too a LP JUNIOR DC ( still mine)......And now I want to buy a new PRS as a PRS P22
Artist package ........When I don't play music, I ' m working !!...I'm a chemist ( Pharmacy)
Do you know how can I choose any " option" by ordering this model , like : color, or golden hardware ?
Do you know wich "option" is included ,choosing the " ARTIST PACKAGE " I'm not really sure and I should want personnalize this guitar to become MY guitar according to my choice
I thank you anyone for helping me to find the right way to do .
I send to you all frienship from France and everybody knows or remembers music is the only universal language ......kind regards

Hi Everyone.

I'm David. I've been a member of this forum for a little while. I used to visit BaM frequently back in the day.

I'm the proud owner of a very special Custom 22! I love it.

Don't know if it's a little late for this since I've been here a few months, but I just saw this so...

Hello everyone. I'm Howie. I'm from the Cincinnati area so my claim to fame here, is that I know GCRon and in fact just saw him last Saturday. :cool: I am a long time PRS fan. My first one is a late 90s Custom 22 that my wife bought me for our 10th. Same great woman bought me a 25th Anniversary Custom 22 Semi Hollow LTD for my 50th birthday, and right after that a Custom 24 for our 25th Anniversary. I also have an NF3. Have a bunch of other guitars as well.

Hello all, Ryan here.
Just received my S2 Custom Semi-Hollow yesterday and I'm floored by the PRS craftsmanship. After 25 years of playing I finally decided to pay more than a grand for a guitar. Best decision ever. SMH still as to why I ever did this sooner. I remember talking to a guitar friend 18 years ago and was thinking about getting a PRS. We thought that a downside would be that they would be too heavy to manage till I tried one a few months back. Not a bad weight at all. Wanted a semi-hollow version of the S2 custom, and alas they started to make them. Mine was assembled on 9/15/14. Feels and plays great, especially with my Mesa 5:50+ combo. Now I am a recent forum member and proud owner of an electric PRS S2. Looking forward to reading yalls posts and contributing in any way.

Hello all. I am a former Navy musician - mostly woodwinds - who is close to retirement from life after the Navy. I recently purchased a PRS P22 - to go along with my 1967 vintage Eppiphone Broadway - and am enjoying getting back into playing for myself and fun.
The discussions are interesting and I am looking forward to listening in on them.
Thanks.

Hi Im Geoff from Sheffield UK.
I have three PRS mods ...C22 a/p, 513, and most recently a P24 P/s P bridge .. i have a collection of around 20 Guitars but tend to only use the PRS's they sound great and responsive through any of the amps I have Rivera, Marshall, Mesa, Fender

Last edited by a moderator:
Back