• The PRS Forum will be shut down for a large portion of the day on Wednseday Feb 28th while we perform some maintenance.

Introduce yourself!

Hi all,

Just decided to learn guitar at a lateish age (early '60s) and after reading around and looking at youtube vids etc I decided to spring for a PRS SE McCarty 594 Single Cut Standard. Arrives tomorrow so... :cool:

Nice to meet you all,

Boo
Welcome Boo!

My daughters favorite joke when she was little:

Knock, knock
Who’s there?
Boo
Boo who?
Aww, don’t cry

Classic:)

I had photo bucket for when I raced rc cars. I used it for RC Tech forums. I stopped using it when they started charging.

Hi all,

Just decided to learn guitar at a lateish age (early '60s) and after reading around and looking at youtube vids etc I decided to spring for a PRS SE McCarty 594 Single Cut Standard. Arrives tomorrow so... :cool:

Nice to meet you all,

Boo
Welcome to the forum! I just joined the PRS party myself and started with the McCarty, I'm sure you will love it.

Charles

Hi all,

Nice to meet you all,

Boo
Welcome. I’m 64, and in the same boat, started at 62. I started with an SE, bought a new S2 and an old core Santana III, and sold the SE. I justified it by “I’m retiring very soon. Better get the good stuff before cash flow changes!”

Edit - congrats on the new guitar!

Welcome Boo, great choice on your first PRS!
I've been absent for a while so any and all newcomers I have missed, please accept an old fool's apology for being tardy and enjoy this place.

Reactions: Boo
Hello Everyone, I just bought a new PRS SE Mccarty 594 single cut. Something has changed from the Korean quality. The Indonesian fit and finish was fine, but the electronics are horrible. Anyway, I was expecting to have to change the pickups so I took it to my local luthier and he put me a set of Seth Lovers in it, fixed all the horrible soldiering inside, cut the nut slots correctly, and filed the frets down to help with the intonation. Very happy with it now.

It's a keeper!

Thanks for the welcome Distort, I'll post a pic when I get it figured out. Not used to not being able to upload from my pc.

Trying this...
IMG-1272.jpg

Hi all,

Nice to meet you all,

Boo
They say it's never to late to learn. I wish I wouldn't stopped learn years ago. Happy picking.

Reactions: Boo
Back