Introduce yourself!

Wow 30myeafs, what took you soo long…lol. Same here as well

Honestly back in the day if it didn't say Fender on it I wasn't interested and the prices of the few PRS's I had seen just seemed crazy for a no name guitar! You could buy a brand new top shelf US Stratocaster for $500 in the late 80's early 90's

Hello everyone.. So after 30+ years I've finally taken the PRS plunge!

I worked with a friend of Pauls back in the late 80's and 90's and Pauls guitars was all he ever talked about, he would bring examples in to work and yes they were stunning but the thought of spending 1k on a no name guitar was just crazy talk to me at the time :).

Fast forward 30 years and I'm at my local guitar shop looking for a hard tail Humbucker equipped ax when I stumbled on a new SE McCarty, it played and sounded just fantastic so I jumped on it!

It only took one little sip of the cool-aid for me to now be hopelessly hooked.. I've purchased 4 new PRS's this year (SE McCarty, SE DGT, Limited run CE and the SE SAS) have a few more on my wish list as well.

Really looking forward to getting to know everyone here on the Forum.

Charles
Good to meetcha.

Hello everyone.. So after 30+ years I've finally taken the PRS plunge!

I worked with a friend of Pauls back in the late 80's and 90's and Pauls guitars was all he ever talked about, he would bring examples in to work and yes they were stunning but the thought of spending 1k on a no name guitar was just crazy talk to me at the time :).

Fast forward 30 years and I'm at my local guitar shop looking for a hard tail Humbucker equipped ax when I stumbled on a new SE McCarty, it played and sounded just fantastic so I jumped on it!

It only took one little sip of the cool-aid for me to now be hopelessly hooked.. I've purchased 4 new PRS's this year (SE McCarty, SE DGT, Limited run CE and the SE SAS) have a few more on my wish list as well.

Really looking forward to getting to know everyone here on the Forum.

Charles

Welcome Charles and Ian. Good to have you on board.

Hello people, as of tomorrow I'll own a PRS 245 SE Vintage Sunburst and I'm very much looking forward to it, I also own a Yamaha Revstar standard non P90 version in swift blue which I love.
I started playing guitar age 11 and continued until I discovered drinking and women.
I'm in no way a good guitarist and have just got back into it in the last 4 weeks when I treated myself to the Revstar, I'm totally and utterly hooked again and decided to further treat myself to the 245 which though isn't a fully fledged American PRS is for me a start and they have come very highly recommended.
My skill level is very basic but I'm happy with that for now because I can create songs and jam along with my looper which fills me full of the deep emotional joy that I used to get many, many years ago...only two nights ago I was creating melodies over a three chord sequence and suddenly found my emotions surging to the point that there were tears in my eyes...it was a wonderful moment that took me way way back.
When I get my 245 tomorrow I'll post a pic or two because I'll be extremely proud of it and though I know to many it won't seem like much, to me it will mean a great deal....it's been a long journey and I cherish every little thing that is positive in my life.

Good to be here, all the best!

Hello people, as of tomorrow I'll own a PRS 245 SE Vintage Sunburst and I'm very much looking forward to it, I also own a Yamaha Revstar standard non P90 version in swift blue which I love.
I started playing guitar age 11 and continued until I discovered drinking and women.
I'm in no way a good guitarist and have just got back into it in the last 4 weeks when I treated myself to the Revstar, I'm totally and utterly hooked again and decided to further treat myself to the 245 which though isn't a fully fledged American PRS is for me a start and they have come very highly recommended.
My skill level is very basic but I'm happy with that for now because I can create songs and jam along with my looper which fills me full of the deep emotional joy that I used to get many, many years ago...only two nights ago I was creating melodies over a three chord sequence and suddenly found my emotions surging to the point that there were tears in my eyes...it was a wonderful moment that took me way way back.
When I get my 245 tomorrow I'll post a pic or two because I'll be extremely proud of it and though I know to many it won't seem like much, to me it will mean a great deal....it's been a long journey and I cherish every little thing that is positive in my life.

Awesome story Ziggy! WARNING: You are on a slippery slope having entered the PRS world!! There WILL be more!!! Great that you are rekindling your relationship with music, it is a powerful drug ;~))

It’s about what the instrument does for you and through you that matters. What anybody else thinks is just so much caca.

Here she is and what a delight to play, a very different sound to my Revstar which is exactly what I wanted....very happy!

Whats-App-Image-2023-10-31-at-12-30-47-30af2673.jpg

My two beauties together.

Whats-App-Image-2023-10-31-at-12-30-36-9add6ff1.jpg

o_O:)

Hi all,

Just decided to learn guitar at a lateish age (early '60s) and after reading around and looking at youtube vids etc I decided to spring for a PRS SE McCarty 594 Single Cut Standard. Arrives tomorrow so... :cool:

Nice to meet you all,

Boo

Hi all,

Just decided to learn guitar at a lateish age (early '60s) and after reading around and looking at youtube vids etc I decided to spring for a PRS SE McCarty 594 Single Cut Standard. Arrives tomorrow so... :cool:

Nice to meet you all,

Boo
Welcome to the forum. Congrats on the SE594

Back