Introduce yourself!

Hi. Kind of new around here. I signed up a year or so back but didn’t really frequent the forums. Now I’m here and being active so I thought I’d say hi.

Old guy, mid 50s, solid bass player, hack guitarist. Looking at getting better at guitar. Bought a 35th anniversary S2 in whale blue around the time I joined the forum. Now I’m playing it a lot more and totally hooked on the PRS.

In the last month or two, I’ve picked up a S2 Singlecut, S2 Studio, and 2 Core Starlas. I’m modding them all. Upgrading the bigsbys, replacing all the pickups except one Starla, replacing the Starla tuners with Mann Made. Trying some Fralin P92s in the Singlecut, Zexcoil Tribuckers in the 35th anniversary, and not sure what I might do yet in one of the Starlas. One of the Starlas will keep its pickups for sure. Haven’t gotten the Studio yet, but I’m hoping to leave those pickups in there.

Custom pickguards all around on the 4 guitars that have them.

These have been a blast. Just got a big box from Strings by mail to start seeing what I like on each. I’m like a kid again.

Welcome back(?) ChickenRob!
Now it’s time to put something in your avatar and catch up on posting some pics of all of your guitars.;):)
(Gave you a little help with that one you posted)

Last edited:
Hi. Kind of new around here. I signed up a year or so back but didn’t really frequent the forums. Now I’m here and being active so I thought I’d say hi.

Old guy, mid 50s, solid bass player, hack guitarist. Looking at getting better at guitar. Bought a 35th anniversary S2 in whale blue around the time I joined the forum. Now I’m playing it a lot more and totally hooked on the PRS.

In the last month or two, I’ve picked up a S2 Singlecut, S2 Studio, and 2 Core Starlas. I’m modding them all. Upgrading the bigsbys, replacing all the pickups except one Starla, replacing the Starla tuners with Mann Made. Trying some Fralin P92s in the Singlecut, Zexcoil Tribuckers in the 35th anniversary, and not sure what I might do yet in one of the Starlas. One of the Starlas will keep its pickups for sure. Haven’t gotten the Studio yet, but I’m hoping to leave those pickups in there.

These have been a blast. Just got a big box from Strings by mail to start seeing what I like on each. I’m like a kid again.

Sounds like a blast! Have fun!

Sounds like the collection is on track! Congrats on all the scores and cheers to many more!! Looking forward to seeing these beauties!!!

Hi everyone.

I’ve been a hobby guitar and bass player/collector for the last 30 years or so. I had been more of a metal head in my youth, but always listened to all kinds of music. I own a pretty varied collection of guitars including the big names of old like Fender and Gibson. I had always liked PRS guitars, but never went further than window shopping.

This last summer I had the opportunity to pick up a 2022 Wood Library 10 Top Custom 24 Semi-Hollow (see avatar) and I was absolutely blown away. My first PRS certainly lived up to the hype and I was hooked. The next PRS model I had my eyes on was the 509 with its sonic versatility. I favorited a brand new one on Reverb earlier this year and the seller sent me an offer that I couldn’t refuse, so it was good that my wife liked the finish. ;) So a 2022 10 Top 509 is my second PRS.

Though I am a Mechanical Engineer, I enjoy playing with electronics, so I have done my fair share of pickup upgrades, some pedal and amp repairs, built a simple tube amp, and I’m currently building the Stew Mac ‘Ghost Drive’ Klon clone kit.

Hi everyone.

I’ve been a hobby guitar and bass player/collector for the last 30 years or so. I had been more of a metal head in my youth, but always listened to all kinds of music. I own a pretty varied collection of guitars including the big names of old like Fender and Gibson. I had always liked PRS guitars, but never went further than window shopping.

This last summer I had the opportunity to pick up a 2022 Wood Library 10 Top Custom 24 Semi-Hollow (see avatar) and I was absolutely blown away. My first PRS certainly lived up to the hype and I was hooked. The next PRS model I had my eyes on was the 509 with its sonic versatility. I favorited a brand new one on Reverb earlier this year and the seller sent me an offer that I couldn’t refuse, so it was good that my wife liked the finish. ;) So a 2022 10 Top 509 is my second PRS.

Though I am a Mechanical Engineer, I enjoy playing with electronics, so I have done my fair share of pickup upgrades, some pedal and amp repairs, built a simple tube amp, and I’m currently building the Stew Mac ‘Ghost Drive’ Klon clone kit.
Welcome up to the forum

Hello PRS forum!

I finally picked up a PRS and have come here for the stories and camaraderie.

So I’ll start w/ a story:
Around the year 2000, I picked up a 7-string Jackson Kelly. From the moment I picked up that guitar, I knew it was mine. Everything about it felt right. About 10 years into ownership, I decided to put a Kahler on it, only to find the body was spongy and rotten where I had routed. It folded in half like a book in my hands. I was crushed.

Since then, I’ve owned many replacements - ESP, Jackson, EBMM, etc. but something is always missing, no matter how well-built the guitar. So figured I would finally give PRS a try (plus in general, I’ve always wanted one).

My only requirement was metallic red or whale blue. It turns out my local shop (WildCat Guitars, great shop!) had an S2 Custom 24 in whale blue. Knowing nothing about quality tiers/ branding, I had no preconceived ideas of how it should perform. I went and bought it. When the tech handed me the guitar, that feeling hit me again - this was my guitar. It’s perfect for me.

I haven’t been the same since! I’m not sure where the magic lies - I suspect some of it’s in the pattern-regular neck profile. But holy moly I just can’t put it down.

I’ve already begun selling off my collection without hesitation. It feels good to have MY guitar.

Happy to be here.

Just joined the Forum last week, but I've been collecting SE's(5) and S2's(2) for about 12 years.
Pics to come of my collection:
Zack Meyers SE
Semi Hollow Custom 22 SE
older Santana SE, no pickguard
Singlecut w/HB's
Singlecut w/P90s that I gave my son as a BD present.
S2 semi hollow 22
S2Custom 22

All were purchased used and have been updated with better pickups, pots, the SE's have Hipshot locking tuners, and all the trems have had a ESP trem stabilizer installed.

Hello PRS forum!

Around the year 2000, I picked up a 7-string Jackson Kelly. From the moment I picked up that guitar, I knew it was mine. Everything about it felt right. About 10 years into ownership, I decided to put a Kahler on it, only to find the body was spongy and rotten where I had routed. It folded in half like a book in my hands. I was crushed.

Since then, I’ve owned many replacements - ESP, Jackson, EBMM, etc. but something is always missing, no matter how well-built the guitar. So figured I would finally give PRS a try (plus in general, I’ve always wanted one).

My only requirement was metallic red or whale blue. It turns out my local shop (WildCat Guitars, great shop!) had an S2 Custom 24 in whale blue. Knowing nothing about quality tiers/ branding, I had no preconceived ideas of how it should perform. I went and bought it. When the tech handed me the guitar, that feeling hit me again - this was my guitar. It’s perfect for me.

I haven’t been the same since! I’m not sure where the magic lies - I suspect some of it’s in the pattern-regular neck profile. But holy moly I just can’t put it down.

I’ve already begun selling off my collection without hesitation. It feels good to have MY guitar.

Happy to be here.
Welcome to the forum.

Good looking guitar in that avatar - bonus points.

Just joined the Forum last week, but I've been collecting SE's(5) and S2's(2) for about 12 years.
Zack Meyers SE
Semi Hollow Custom 22 SE
Singlecut w/HB's
S2 semi hollow 22
S2Custom 22

All were purchased used and have been updated with better pickups, pots, the SE's have Hipshot locking tuners, and all the trems have had a ESP trem stabilizer installed.
Nice bunch of guitars.
Welcome to the forum

Hello PRS forum!

Happy to be here.
Great story! So glad you have found the bliss of PRS!! Looking forward to some pix (once you are able to put that axe down)!!!

Zack Meyers SE
Semi Hollow Custom 22 SE
Singlecut w/HB's
S2 semi hollow 22
S2Custom 22

Sweet stash of axes! Glad you decided to join the "axe +1" support group (proper number of axes is number of them your currently have, +1)!! We will do our best to pressure you into the next purchase!!!

Shall I list the highlights of the non PRS family?
Late 80,early 90's Yamahas - Weddington Classic, Pacifica 921, 912J, and 512
Early 90s MIK Hohner Professional - SE35 - ES335 copy. L59 - 1959 Les Paul Custom copy, L56 - 1956 Les Paul custom copy.
Mid 80's Matsumaku made Westone SuperStrats, Genesis I - 1530, Spectrum 1420
2 1981 Ibanez Blazer Strat copies, one 3 singles, one double HB.
2002 Highway One Strat
3 Partscaster Strats
5 Partscaster Teles
1981 Washburn A20V
Regenberg Hornet - Custom House SG copy
1981 Yairi Alvarez DY-74
1982 Takamine 12 String
I got rid of about 25 guitars in 2021

I think I have a problem:cool:

Back