Introduce yourself!

Hi All,
I'm new here but I purchased my first PRS in the mid-80's... I believe it was the second or third year for PRS. I kept the guitar for a few years but began worrying about playing it in clubs. It was so beautiful that I didn't want anything to happen to it. Regretfully, I ended up selling it... I wished I had kept it but life goes on.
I most recently put a deposit down for a new PRS DGT SE that I can't wait to get my hands on... incredible price for what appears to be an incredible guitar!

Hi All,
I'm new here but I purchased my first PRS in the mid-80's... I believe it was the second or third year for PRS. I kept the guitar for a few years but began worrying about playing it in clubs. It was so beautiful that I didn't want anything to happen to it. Regretfully, I ended up selling it... I wished I had kept it but life goes on.
I most recently put a deposit down for a new PRS DGT SE that I can't wait to get my hands on... incredible price for what appears to be an incredible guitar!

Welcome Hangfire.

Hello everyone!

My name is Miguel Juarez, and I am new to this forum. I grew up in The Philippines in the 90's where PRS Guitars were not mainstream and easily accessible. The first time I heard of one was in the movie "Airheads". I grew up playing nylon string guitars and cheap strat copies that I would customize and end up losing or giving away. Fast forward to 2019 and I'm working at a guitar store in Georgia. PRS comes along for a guitar clinic and I am instantly in love. I joined a corporate band and took as many gigs as I could to be able to purchase an S2 Standard, which has been my "workhorse" main gig and road guitar since. The frost blue semi hollow Vela is my baby though.

S2 "Workhorse"
296002133_10224552881344260_3625118152834284062_n.jpg

Hello everyone!

I actually joined this forum a few years back when I bought an SE Semi Hollow. I kind of got sidetracked with work shortly afterwards and never actually posted.

I just ordered an SE Pauls Guitar in blue. It's going to be here Thursday. I am really excited.

I'm a 62 year old kid and have been playing guitar since I was a teenager. I was fortunate enough to have a good teacher and was active in my school band. I tried out for and got the guitarist slot in our high school Jazz band. That's where I learned a lot of foundation that has served me well over the years.

With life and family and work, my guitar playing has been up and down over the years, but back in the early 2000s I picked up an acoustic again and started experimenting with a few alternate tunings. I discovered I had a knack for working in them very quickly started composing some songs in an Americana style. I joined a band and that started a wonderful 5 years of playing and performing locally.

All good things come to an end and after the 2008 crash, I ended up changing careers and became an over the road truck driver. That means I have a lot less time to devote to playing. I'm working on getting back into playing and have been carrying the semi hollow with me on the road. I am throwing a couple of humidipaks in the bag with it and keep it strapped to my bunk mattress. Even though the humidipaks are really made for acoustics, I thought it would be a good idea as in the winter, I travel from Florida to California and in the warmer month will go from Florida to Washington State. That means humidity and elevation changes everyday. So far, it seems to be working well.

Now with the SE Pauls Guitar, I can start playing with alternate tunings again. So anyhow, hope everyone here has a good day and when my new guitar comes in, I will post up a pic! I'm going to also be more active in the forum!

Hello All. My name is John. At age 63, I recently bought my first electric guitar - a PRS SE Standard 24 in Cherry. I had been researching what I thought were the obvious choices - Gibson Les Paul and Fender Stratocaster. I saw one of the YouTube channel instructors playing a PRS and I loved the look and sound. I then began researching PRS guitars in depth. After just a few days of playing, I am very glad I made the PRS choice.

I live (and sail) near Stevensville. I'm hoping to be able to tour the factory at some point. (I think I've seen every PRS video on YouTube).

Kinda new here. I live on Whitemarsh Island GA, a suburb of Savannah. I'm a 56 year old hobby player/ collector I've had 2 PRS guitars in the past a 245 SE and a SE Silver Sky. For different reasons I sold both. Never really liked the charcoal burst on the 245, and the SS single coil tone never really fit well with me.
Anyways, I just ordered a Bonni Pink S2 Custom 24 10th anniversary. I have a thing for pink guitars.
Thanks for the add.

Kinda new here. I live on Whitemarsh Island GA, a suburb of Savannah. I'm a 56 year old hobby player/ collector I've had 2 PRS guitars in the past a 245 SE and a SE Silver Sky. For different reasons I sold both. Never really liked the charcoal burst on the 245, and the SS single coil tone never really fit well with me.
Anyways, I just ordered a Bonni Pink S2 Custom 24 10th anniversary. I have a thing for pink guitars.
Thanks for the add.

Hi George, welcome if I’ve never said it before.

Congratulations on the new guitar.

Back