Introduce yourself!

If you’re in Europe, lots of deals to be had on an SE Silver Sky (various colours) if you’re interested.

Don’t know why they’ve suddenly dropped in price. But about 30% off in some places.

Rumor is there's some holiday afoot.

giphy.gif

Hello everyone, my name is Francesco, guitarist, guitar teacher and prs addicted!
I own three PRS at the moment, a beautiful swamp ash special, a Akerfeldt Signature SE and a PRS SE Angelus a50e. I also have two tattoo inspired by those guitars!
What else to say? I am based in London, i love coffee and I hope next year to get another another prs!
Welcome Francesco!
Looking forward to seeing some pics of your guitars and ink!

First post ever>

After playing a very popular west cost American guitar company for the last 2 years I decided to buy a PRS 245SE to have as a second option with 2X humbuckers. I was so impressed with the play, feel, and sound, I traded my made in Corona California for an S2 McCarty 594 SC two weeks later. (Yesterday)!

A novice player at best, but I do enjoy playing high quality instruments and now have two! I’m glad the kid at GC was playing one when I was in the store, or they may have never showed up on radar!

So as a newbie to the PRS family I just wanted to say hi. I’m not one for forums and social media, but some of the info on this site encouraged me to pull the trigger and give ‘em a try, And I’m glad I did!

Rock on!

Last edited:
Hi all guess what... I'm new here and introducing myself. I joined this forum when I got my bass but never posted anything. I bought a PRS SE Kingfisher bass a few years ago and I just love it. Great build quality and the thing looks gorgeous. I put some EMG pickups in it. She is a beauty. I play through an Ampeg SVT-CL or a Trace Elliot GP7SM 300. Both amps are from 1994 as well as my cabinets. Heavy stuff.... doesn't bother me I play the bass. Cheers, Rock On PRS'ers

full
Welcome! I almost got my wife that bass, but she opted for a different company.. :(

Ok)) I have a cheap instrument, if speaking more briefly, since I am a beginner with only a Rogue RR100 Rocketeer electric guitar.
The time you spend playing any instrument is the most important part! Rock that Rocketeer!! Lot's of product available from PRS in the 3 figure range, hope you are able to get one soon, it will change your view of what a guitar should be like!!!

Just joined the forum while searching for set up info and help with piezo issue. UK based but seem to end up buying guitars on visits to the US! (Washburn MG90 (Keys), G&L Legacy (Powder Mountain) and my first PRS)

I was visiting New York in Dec 2004, my uncle Bruce had recently left me some money and I was after a nice Les Paul. I visited a number of guitar shops but in Rudy’s Music the assistant Paul suggested I try a Cherry Red PRS Custom 22, Artist Pack, Birds etc. I was hooked and it returned to the UK with me!

In 2017 my Aunt also left me some money, and it seemed right that there should be a ‘Vera’ to accompany ‘Bruce’. I gig regularly and was alway nervous taking Bruce out. I wanted a Custom 24 but didn’t have the funds for a USA model so bought a Custom 24 SE with Exotic Wood finish. I’ve done hundreds of gigs with this one, so versatile and just amazing value.

Finally I have been after a SE Hollowbody II Piezo since they came out, but couldn’t justify the price. Then last week I spotted an unbelievable deal that I just couldn’t ignore, and blue one arrived last Saturday. This one will also be put through the mill at gigs.

Thanks for letting me join, I’m sure to learn loads from all the knowledgable members here.

Just joined the forum while searching for set up info and help with piezo issue. UK based but seem to end up buying guitars on visits to the US! (Washburn MG90 (Keys), G&L Legacy (Powder Mountain) and my first PRS)

I was visiting New York in Dec 2004, my uncle Bruce had recently left me some money and I was after a nice Les Paul. I visited a number of guitar shops but in Rudy’s Music the assistant Paul suggested I try a Cherry Red PRS Custom 22, Artist Pack, Birds etc. I was hooked and it returned to the UK with me!

In 2017 my Aunt also left me some money, and it seemed right that there should be a ‘Vera’ to accompany ‘Bruce’. I gig regularly and was alway nervous taking Bruce out. I wanted a Custom 24 but didn’t have the funds for a USA model so bought a Custom 24 SE with Exotic Wood finish. I’ve done hundreds of gigs with this one, so versatile and just amazing value.

Finally I have been after a SE Hollowbody II Piezo since they came out, but couldn’t justify the price. Then last week I spotted an unbelievable deal that I just couldn’t ignore, and blue one arrived last Saturday. This one will also be put through the mill at gigs.

Thanks for letting me join, I’m sure to learn loads from all the knowledgable members here.
Welcome Oscarguitar!
Being a HUGE Cu22 fan, I need to see yours!
Please post some pics when you can and definitely don’t forget to add an avatar.;):)

Welcome and enjoy those guitars!

30% off caught my interest. Do you have some more details?
FYI, the PRS pricing is set up such that dealers have to advertise prices of a certain amount or higher (known as MAP - Minimum ADVERTISED Pricing). What that means is, don't be afraid to ask some dealers what they are willing to let something go for rather than just paying the price they have listed! Some dealers are more generous than others, but shop around and I am sure you can find a really good deal on a 3 figure PRS! DO buy from an authorized dealer though to ensure warranty service and a legit product! As for the 30%, many Euro dealers prices look really good at the moment (for all guitars) due to the strength of the US Dollar, but many will not sell to the American market. Worth looking into though!!!

Back