Introduce yourself!

Hello folks,

I am 41 (currently) I have played guitar, bass, drums, & other instruments since my early days. I have toured on and off for several years in my 20's. I have played as a worship guitarist for conferences and camps all over the southern US. Most of my adult musical work has been in the church scene. I currently serve as a worship pastor at Forward Church in Myrtle Beach, SC and I play guitar with Mike Blair & the Stonewalls, check out Mike's music on spotify:

I was exposed to PRS, like most of us in our 40's, by musicians like Daniel Johns, Ross Childress, and Greg Allman. I got my first PRS guitar in 2000, a 1999 CE-22 in Metallic Blue. I loved that guitar and played it alongside my Tele and Strat. The coil splitting of the Dragon II pickups made it a wonderful partner to the Fender guitars that I had grown up with. I quickly found myself playing the CE-22 as my no 1. I haven't turned back. Regrettably, I sold that that first guitar to fund a purchase for an acoustic. I have owned a Custom 22, another CE-22, & a Vela. My dream is a Hollowbody II in Blood Orange.

Hello folks,

I am 41 (currently) I have played guitar, bass, drums, & other instruments since my early days. I have toured on and off for several years in my 20's. I have played as a worship guitarist for conferences and camps all over the southern US. Most of my adult musical work has been in the church scene. I currently serve as a worship pastor at Forward Church in Myrtle Beach, SC and I play guitar with Mike Blair & the Stonewalls, check out Mike's music on spotify:

I was exposed to PRS, like most of us in our 40's, by musicians like Daniel Johns, Ross Childress, and Greg Allman. I got my first PRS guitar in 2000, a 1999 CE-22 in Metallic Blue. I loved that guitar and played it alongside my Tele and Strat. The coil splitting of the Dragon II pickups made it a wonderful partner to the Fender guitars that I had grown up with. I quickly found myself playing the CE-22 as my no 1. I haven't turned back. Regrettably, I sold that that first guitar to fund a purchase for an acoustic. I have owned a Custom 22, another CE-22, & a Vela. My dream is a Hollowbody II in Blood Orange.
Good to meet ya.

Glad i'm joining the club -- just picked up a sick CE in a custom color after rocking a Korean SE for a while that is crazy quality for the price point. Pics to follow after knocking out my first 3 posts.. : )
Welcome to the crew.

Welcome prsfan01 and inthesim! The more the merrier!! WARNING: Many threads turn into a string of puns, but it is all in good fun!!! there is a lot of great information here as well and plenty of folk ready to help out!!!!
Indeed.
The exit is right this way.
Alright, maybe I’m not so good at puns.

I just joined the club today with an SE Hollowbody Standard (McCarty Tobacco burst). I always wanted a PRS guitar and found a great deal on a used one. I started playing when I was a teenager and stopped when I hit my thirties. I took it back up when COVID hit and I'm hooked again. I love hollow-bodies.

I'm finding the SE Hollowbody Standard to be very warm sounding but a great balance can be found between the two pickups. I'm experimenting with the pickup height to tame the neck PU bass response and am close to getting it dialed in for my taste.

I just joined the club today with an SE Hollowbody Standard (McCarty Tobacco burst). I always wanted a PRS guitar and found a great deal on a used one. I started playing when I was a teenager and stopped when I hit my thirties. I took it back up when COVID hit and I'm hooked again. I love hollow-bodies.

I'm finding the SE Hollowbody Standard to be very warm sounding but a great balance can be found between the two pickups. I'm experimenting with the pickup height to tame the neck PU bass response and am close to getting it dialed in for my taste.
Good to have you aboard.

Long time lurker, new member from Nova Scotia here. Have to admit, the first PRS I ever tried was my buddy's Soapbar SE.. don't recall the year or whatever, and just wasn't a fan. The chunky neck, wasn't for me. Years pass, models get fancier .. more expensive, yet others more affordable, more artists & more laurels .. and I think.. am I missing out on something? Clearly I must be, but by now, so many models, so many great choices.. how to decide? Leave it to Carlos to continue to swoon me on these and then finally in my local adverts an 01 Santana SE pops up on the cheap. It's been "loved" (more like abused) but I couldn't pass on it. So glad I didn't. This little thing is great. and now.. I've got the bug for more! Now.. where can I get a replacement trem for it?

Long time lurker, new member from Nova Scotia here. Have to admit, the first PRS I ever tried was my buddy's Soapbar SE.. don't recall the year or whatever, and just wasn't a fan. The chunky neck, wasn't for me. Years pass, models get fancier .. more expensive, yet others more affordable, more artists & more laurels .. and I think.. am I missing out on something? Clearly I must be, but by now, so many models, so many great choices.. how to decide? Leave it to Carlos to continue to swoon me on these and then finally in my local adverts an 01 Santana SE pops up on the cheap. It's been "loved" (more like abused) but I couldn't pass on it. So glad I didn't. This little thing is great. and now.. I've got the bug for more! Now.. where can I get a replacement trem for it?
Welcome!
For all your trem needs - https://www.johnmannsguitarvault.com/

Welcome to the addiction club sctrott! Glad you took the plunge!! Prepare to own more, you can't have just one!!!

Back