Introduce yourself!

Hi folks, just picked up my first PRS last night a 2010 se 24 custom
I identify as a strat guy but I am basically a bedroom noodler but I love to play and tinker with guitars
Guitar is in my avatar as I have not figured out how to post a pic
Peace
Welcome Willmunny!
I identify as a pizza eater.:)
EXCELLENT job starting off with an avatar!

Hello from the windy city!

I took up the guitar in 1986 inspired by bands of the day like WASP, Poison and Ratt (therefore it should come as no surprise that my first guitar was a flying V copy). I quickly moved on to embrace Metallica, Metal Church and the like as well as their predecessors like Led Zeppelin, Aerosmith and Black Sabbath.

In 1990 I saw BB King at the Cains Ballroom in Tulsa ... and everything changed.

I first played a PRS (I think it was a McCarty, but I could be wrong) in 1995 or 1996. Do I need to state how amazed I was? The playability and sound were impeccable. Unfortunately, it was out of reach for me at the time, but it was the “Holy Grail” guitar that stuck in my memory. Like many I came up through the ranks of SE and S2 guitars trying to recapture that sense of awe from my first experience. They were great guitars but didn’t have the "mojo" that I remembered, and I was beginning to wonder if I was looking back at that guitar through rose-colored glasses.

Recently everything came full circle when I acquired a 1995 Custom 22 10 Top. My recollection was spot-on.

Hello from the windy city!

I took up the guitar in 1986 inspired by bands of the day like WASP, Poison and Ratt (therefore it should come as no surprise that my first guitar was a flying V copy). I quickly moved on to embrace Metallica, Metal Church and the like as well as their predecessors like Led Zeppelin, Aerosmith and Black Sabbath.

In 1990 I saw BB King at the Cains Ballroom in Tulsa ... and everything changed.

I first played a PRS (I think it was a McCarty, but I could be wrong) in 1995 or 1996. Do I need to state how amazed I was? The playability and sound were impeccable. Unfortunately, it was out of reach for me at the time, but it was the “Holy Grail” guitar that stuck in my memory. Like many I came up through the ranks of SE and S2 guitars trying to recapture that sense of awe from my first experience. They were great guitars but didn’t have the "mojo" that I remembered, and I was beginning to wonder if I was looking back at that guitar through rose-colored glasses.

Recently everything came full circle when I acquired a 1995 Custom 22 10 Top. My recollection was spot-on.
Welcome and congratulations on your guitar.

Welcome MarshallArtist and rb1.
Sometimes romance gets in the way of memory, we tend to remember really good things but disregard some of the less attractive. Glad that you found a sweet instrument in that Custom 22.
Questions, never be afraid to ask questions. "I'm not lost...I don't need to ask for directions"...famous last words LOL

Hey guys and gals, just bought my first PRS and I'm pretty impressed. I'm 61 and can't play. However, things are about to change. My whole life I've wanted to learn and now is the time. Look forward to reading your post. Remember Music calms your mind and comforts your soul.

Hey guys and gals, just bought my first PRS and I'm pretty impressed. I'm 61 and can't play. However, things are about to change. My whole life I've wanted to learn and now is the time. Look forward to reading your post. Remember Music calms your mind and comforts your soul.
Awright, Opajoe! Good for you and welcome!

Welcome opajoe. Don't worry about starting out, I interrupted my playing/learning for a good many years and just came back to it a few years ago and I'm 64 now. Lots of time left.
You wouldn't be Dutch by any chance? I'm seeing a reference in your screen name...

Good evening y’all, the PRS SE Santana is my first new guitar purchase! I’m waiting on it to arrive as we speak. I got introduced to PRS SE Custom 24 at a used/new music store 3 years ago. Never could afford it until last weekend. I got some questions about the process of getting a new guitar set up and stuff if anyone has time to point a new guy in the right direction

Good evening y’all, the PRS SE Santana is my first new guitar purchase! I’m waiting on it to arrive as we speak. I got introduced to PRS SE Custom 24 at a used/new music store 3 years ago. Never could afford it until last weekend. I got some questions about the process of getting a new guitar set up and stuff if anyone has time to point a new guy in the right direction
Welcome to the forum.
You could start here

Back