Introduce yourself!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Guitargonish, Jun 28, 2012.

1. Chris50

Chris50 New Member

Cheers.

DISTORT6 likes this.
  2. Moondog Wily

Moondog Wily Howlin' At The Moon!

Welcome Chris! Great to have you and your CU24 join the crowd here!! If you are willing to do so, I personally love hearing what others are doing with these fine 6 string wonders, post some of your material in the Studio & Stage section!!!

Happy pickin'!
    MW

3. jco5055

jco5055 New Member

Hi guys! New member here, I've played a lot of core models and even wood library models, but never gotten to try a true Private Stock. I live really close to Chicago Music Exchange, so hopefully I can rectify that soon!

DISTORT6 and Moondog Wily like this.
  4. Moondog Wily

Hey jco5055, welcome to the forum! Lot's of good info here about these legendary guitars and a bit about other gear!! Be sure to share with us some of your music if you are motivated to do so in the Studio & Stage section!!!

Happy pickin'!
    MW

jco5055 likes this.
  5. DISTORT6

DISTORT6 NJ Devil

Welcome, jco5055!

bodia likes this.
  6. Jim Gatos

Jim Gatos New Member

Hello,

brand new PRS Mira buyer here! I just ordered my new black Mira and hopefully will be here Saturday. Been playing steadily for over 15 years; always learning something new. I should have looked into PRS much sooner. Originally I was looking into SG’s to replace a Telecaster I just sold but the Epiphones, although much improved, just weren’t “convincing” me. I decided to take the plunge and buy the Mira due to their similarities with the SG, the light weight, the split coil feature, but most of all, the solid PRS reputation and Paul Reed Smith’s steady involvement and commitment. Can’t wait to get my new guitar!

I have one small question; in terms of care and maintenance for the guitar. Is the Mira’s nitrocellulose, acrylic, or V12? I think it’s acrylic but I’d like to ask so I’ll know if the PRS cleaner and polish are safe to use? Sorry if this is a dumb question; I searched and couldn’t find the answer.

Thank you.

#3606 Jim Gatos, Sep 2, 2021
    Last edited: Sep 2, 2021
    bodia and Moondog Wily like this.
  7. DISTORT6

DISTORT6 NJ Devil

Welcome, Jim!
    You nailed it. Everything you mentioned about the Mira makes it “SG” of the PRS line.
    I’ve used the PRS polish and cleaner on my 08 Mira with no problems.

Jim Gatos likes this.
  8. Moondog Wily

Welcome Jim! Congrats on the Mira score!! Hope it serves you well!!! If you are motivated to do, share some of your work with us in the Studio & Stage section!!!

Happy pickin'!
    MW

Jim Gatos likes this.
  9. Boogie

Boogie Zombie Two, DFZ

Welcome Jim! Just spit on an old tee shirt and start wiping. Depending on the alcohol content of your cocktail, it may or may not be safe for your finish. I’d wipe it off quickly. :D

10. Lee Mac

Lee Mac New Member

I've been a mediocre guitar player for over 50 years! Was in a band 20 years ago that never managed to get out of the basement due to lack of a decent drummer. The lesson-learned from that experience was that mediocre guitar players are a dime-a-dozen but a good drummer is hard to find. I went through the GAS phase for about 10 years and also built a few tube amps along the way. About 12 years ago I started doing (acoustic) open mics and have probably done 150 plus since then. Managed to connect with a competent bass player/singer and we did a few coffee shop gigs together and many open mics. I bought a Boss Katana 50 this year and was offered a chance to practice with a band my son (keyboard,vocals) is in. I passed the test and am now a member and recently had my first rock band gig ever at age 73! My only electric is a 1996 G&L ASAT Classic but I've been jonesing for a PRS (the lead player in this band has 3!) Given my meager "talents" I'm not will to spend a bundle so have narrowed my search to the SE line and am leaning towards a Mira due to it's light weight. I'm "vertically challenged" and not getting a younger so my 8# G&L seems pretty heavy. TMI???

Anyway looking forward to learning more about PRS guitars here and hope to join the club soon.

11. DISTORT6

DISTORT6 NJ Devil

Welcome, Lee!
    Helluva story.:)
    The Mira would be a great choice. They’re light weight, but heavy on tone.

12. Boogie

Boogie Zombie Two, DFZ

Awesome, Lee! And welcome.

One of the top 3 greatest joys in this life is sharing a stage with your children. Relish every second you spend with your son sharing music. Find the PRS that inspires you and focus that energy on enjoying the gig.

13. Moondog Wily

Welcome Lee! Very cool that your kid and his mates even gave a "seasoned gentleman" a chance!! Congrats on scoring the gig and best of luck with acquiring a guitar of the gods (all PRS models qualify)!!!
    If you are motivated to do, share some of the bands jams with us in the Studio & Stage section!!!

Happy pickin'!
    MW

Lee Mac and Jim Gatos like this.
  14. GWebb78

GWebb78 New Member

Hi all, thought I’d drop in and introduce myself - I’m Glenn, I’ve been playing guitar on & off for 30 years or so and buying PRS guitars on & off for maybe 20 of those years! I used to be on the Moons & Birds forums when that was a thing way back when.

In the current collection I have a couple of Tremonti USA models, one of which is a wood library model, both of which are stoptails.

Previously I’ve had a Navarro USA, SC250 Artist Pack, Tremonti Baritone, and another 2 or 3 Tremonti USA tremolo models.

I’m now at the point where I’m looking to add rosewood or maple neck Tremonti stoptails to the collection, so any hot tips on those are appreciated!

#3614 GWebb78, Sep 6, 2021
    Last edited: Sep 6, 2021
    bodia, veinbuster, DISTORT6 and 2 others like this.
  15. Moondog Wily

Hey Glenn, welcome to this forum! You will probably run into some of the members of that old forum over time (not me though, I am a total rookie)!! I have been trying to encourage new forum members to show their creations in the Studio & Stage section so if you have anything you would like to share musically, that is the place!!!

Happy postin'!
    MW

16. Alnus Rubra

Alnus Rubra Loving nature’s wonders

Welcome to the forum Glenn.

17. DISTORT6

DISTORT6 NJ Devil

Welcome, Glen!
    Great to have another Birds and Moons veteran come back.
    Looking forward to seeing your Tremontis, especially in your avatar.;):)

Alnus Rubra and bodia like this.
  18. MildAshers

MildAshers PRS Newcomer

Hey everyone!

Been playing guitar on and off for 13 years, only recently acquired a PRS (an SE Starla) and caught the bug for them, I've since added a SE Tremonti Custom to the collection and absolutely love them.

Look forward to interacting round here and seeing some of the other amazing guitars everyone has.

Alnus Rubra and DISTORT6 like this.
  19. Moondog Wily

Welcome @MildAshers! You can't have just one!! They are addictive!!! I encourage new members to show their creations in the Studio & Stage section, so if you have anything you would like turn us on to, that is the place!!!

Happy pickin'!
    MW

MildAshers likes this.
  20. DISTORT6

DISTORT6 NJ Devil

Welcome, Mild!

Alnus Rubra and MildAshers like this.