Introduce yourself!

Welcome Julien.

I’m a fellow SE245 owner, you get a lot of guitar for your money, especially if you’re lucky and it’s a gift.

Congratulations on your new guitar, it’s beautiful.

Hi, I'm Julien, from Belgium. Found myself a mint condition 2007 SE 245 cherry to replace my Epi LP Special 2 AFD. Such a change, stunning look, great comfort, playablility and sound. I wondered if the price difference was worth it (never played anythign else than my old LP Special). Now I can really feel the difference. Just great. I'm happy now, do you notice?

Welcome Julien! Great find you latched onto there!! Congrats and happy pickin'!!! BTW, if you are so inclined, post some of your music in the "Studio & Stage" section of the forum. I personally love to hear what others are doing with their fine axes!!

Greetings from Gilbert, Arizona!

I have owned and played all kinds of guitars, everything from Carvin/Kiesel customs, Ibanez of various styles, Charvels, and even some homemade super strat-style guitars I pieced together from custom painted bodies and factory parts. I've played a lot of rock, blues, jazz, some funk styles of music. I guess these days I gravitate toward hard rock types of overdriven sounds, but when I first picked up a PRS 513 and played through it, the cleans just took my breath away.

I guess you could say my first PRS is considered the "unicorn" of PRS guitars, a 513 with a Swamp Ash body. About the only thing I wish it had were two additional frets, but I still love it. My Custom 24s are just incredible for that hard edged sound when I'm in that kind of mood.

One thing that really surprised me was the quality of the SE model 7-string. I've not been a huge fan of Indonesian guitars historically, but I'm actually impressed with what Cor-Tek is making for PRS right now, both the fit and finish and the playability. I have zero complaints about my SE Mark Holcomb SVN.

Happy to finally be a part of the PRS forums. It took me about 10 years to finally sign up I guess. Silly me!

Gary

P.S. If the forum lets me, I'll have to post some pics soon.

Last edited:

I have owned and played all kinds of guitars, everything from Carvin/Kiesel customs, Ibanez of various styles, Charvels, and even some homemade super strat-style guitars I pieced together from custom painted bodies and factory parts. I've played a lot of rock, blues, jazz, some funk styles of music. I guess these days I gravitate toward hard rock types of overdriven sounds, but when I first picked up a PRS 513 and played through it, the cleans just took my breath away.

I guess you could say my first PRS is considered the "unicorn" of PRS guitars, a 513 with a Swamp Ash body. About the only thing I wish it had were two additional frets, but I still love it. My Custom 24s are just incredible for that hard edged sound when I'm in that kind of mood.

One thing that really surprised me was the quality of the "SE" model 7-string. I've not been a huge fan of Indonesian guitars historically, but I'm actually impressed with what Cor-Tek is making for PRS right now, both the fit and finish and the playability. I have zero complaints about my SE Mark Holcomb SVN.

Happy to finally be a part of the PRS forums. It took me about 10 years to finally sign up I guess. Silly me!

Gary
Welcome Gary! Better late than never!! If you are inclined to share any of your work, there is a Studio & Stage section here at the forum for that kind of stuff!!!

Cheers~
MW

One thing that really surprised me was the quality of the "SE" model 7-string. I've not been a huge fan of Indonesian guitars historically, but I'm actually impressed with what Cor-Tek is making for PRS right now, both the fit and finish and the playability. I have zero complaints about my SE Mark Holcomb SVN.

Gary

Hi guys! I'm a newbie here and I'm just starting to delve into it, so let's go!)
Welcome, Gary and Iyeron!
New faces are always welcome.
Feel free to post up some pics when you can and don’t forget to make an avatar.:)

IMG_5619a.jpg
Hi everyone, This is Roxanne. I am so happy to be here. :)

Last edited:
IMG_5619a.jpg
Welcome Roxanne! Please be prepared from time to time to be offended by this mostly male membership (and many still acting like children, self included)! If you have any music you have done that you would like to share, post in the Studio & Stage section! I personally love hearing what others are doing with these incredible axes!

Happy pickin'!
MW

One thing that really surprised me was the quality of the SE model 7-string. I've not been a huge fan of Indonesian guitars historically, but I'm actually impressed with what Cor-Tek is making for PRS right now, both the fit and finish and the playability. I have zero complaints about my SE Mark Holcomb SVN.

Gary

P.S. If the forum lets me, I'll have to post some pics soon.

Welcome Gary! Longtime 513 player myself, always glad to see more!

Hi guys! I'm a newbie here and I'm just starting to delve into it, so let's go!)

Welcome! The rabbit hole is deep, so dive in.

IMG_5619a.jpg

Welcome, Roxanne! We’re glad to have you. :)

Hi all!

My name is Raphaël, I'm French and I have purchased my very first PRS (a beautiful Special 22 Ltd, 10-top) a few days ago.

While searching for the perfect model to fit my needs, I stumbled across this Forum, which contains plenty of valuable information and helped tremendously - so thank you all already for that!

Greetings from Europe!

Raphaël

Hi all!

My name is Raphaël, I'm French and I have purchased my very first PRS (a beautiful Special 22 Ltd, 10-top) a few days ago.

While searching for the perfect model to fit my needs, I stumbled across this Forum, which contains plenty of valuable information and helped tremendously - so thank you all already for that!

Greetings from Europe!

Raphaël
Welcome Raphaël! Glad you have already found some useful stuff here. Congrats on the new Gitfiddle! Be sure to post some pix of it!!! Also, if you have any music you would like to share, you can post it in the Studio & Stage section!

Happy pickin'!
MW

Hi all!

Greetings from Europe!

Raphaël
Welcome to the forum, and congrats on your first PRS.

Back