Introduce yourself!

Hello everyone. My name is Ian and I was a member MANY years ago on the birds and moons forum. I am now back with various PRSi! I hope everyone is keeping safe during these strange times.

Hello everyone. My name is Ian and I was a member MANY years ago on the birds and moons forum. I am now back with various PRSi! I hope everyone is keeping safe during these strange times.
Welcome to the new world Ian!!! Be sure to share some pix with us of your harem!!! Also, the Studio & Stage ( https://forums.prsguitars.com/forums/studio-stage.68/ ) forum here is a place to post the hits you make with your gems ;~))

Happy postin'!
MW

I’m Matt. Been the owner of an Archtop II for over 20 yrs(!). Guitar finally needs a little refresh and I figured this is the right place to start.
Welcome, Matt!
Post some pics of your ArchtopII when you can. We all love to see those boxes.
Don’t forget to possibly use one of those pics as an avatar.;):)

I’m Matt. Been the owner of an Archtop II for over 20 yrs(!). Guitar finally needs a little refresh and I figured this is the right place to start.
Welcome to the party Matt! And GREAT username!!! As mentioned, we can not survive without pix of guitars, so be sure to post some. If you have any trouble posting pix, there are several posts on how to do so, including this one (a few other posts are linked from within that one as well). Also, your greatest (or any) hits and performances are welcome in the Studio & Stage section if you are inclined to share!!!

Welcome, Matt!
Welcome to the party Matt! And GREAT username!!! As mentioned, we can not survive without pix of guitars, so be sure to post some. If you have any trouble posting pix, there are several posts on how to do so, including this one (a few other posts are linked from within that one as well). Also, your greatest (or any) hits and performances are welcome in the Studio & Stage section if you are inclined to share!!!

Thank you all for the warm welcome. I will post some pics shortly. Since I’m looking to do a little updating, it might be a bit before we have some clips. Only thing I can promise, the wait won’t be worth it

Welcome, Matt!
If you don’t mind me asking, where would be the best place to start a thread with questions/concerns/qualifications/misapprehensions about updating my Archtop?

Hi, new forum member here, eagerly awaiting delivery of my first PRS. I started my guitar journey about three years ago and have been playing a Collings CJ - mostly fingerstyle - and purchased a HB2 Wood Library w/ Piezo to continue down that path with some new tones. I’ll post pics when it gets here this week, but it will be Copperhead Burst with ebony fretboard and headstock. I have access to an AC15 to start, but I need to figure out my amp situation next.

Hi, new forum member here, eagerly awaiting delivery of my first PRS. I started my guitar journey about three years ago and have been playing a Collings CJ - mostly fingerstyle - and purchased a HB2 Wood Library w/ Piezo to continue down that path with some new tones. I’ll post pics when it gets here this week, but it will be Copperhead Burst with ebony fretboard and headstock. I have access to an AC15 to start, but I need to figure out my amp situation next.

Welcome, Jon! Congrats on the new HBII Piezo WL. The guitar will sound bright to begin with because of the maple top/back. There are plenty of folks here who can steer you correctly towards a good amp for your needs. Enjoy the journey...

Welcome aboard, Jonathan!
Don’t forget to throw a pic up for your avatar.:)

Welcome Jonathan!! My first PRS arrived in Feb of this year and it is a HBII WL, although mine does not have the Piezo!!! I was blown away by the tones, playability and beauty (and adore the light weight), and have since purchased two more PRS!!! Hopefully you have more self control or a larger bank account than I as you will need one of them to either fend off or satisfy the desires for more of these functional works of art!!! As you know, pix are important to us here!!! Also, be sure to post some of your music to the Studio & Stage forum section. It is after all why we spend princely sums on these hunks of wood and metal!!!

Happy pickin'!
MW

Welcome and if that’s your new guitar in your avatar, Wow!! Oh and congratulations.

Just checking back in to let everyone know that in a selfless act of kindness I rescued another PRS guitar. Couldn’t stand the thought of it just sitting there in some Sweetwater warehouse. Now my 594 has a sibling.

The kindness of that action fills my heart with hope for all of humanity!!! Congrats on the new score! Looks ready to ROCK!

FYI, usually for a new guitar, members will post a "NGD xxx" (new guitar day type/color/name/reason) titled thread in the Electric Instruments section of the forum here https://forums.prsguitars.com/forums/electric-instruments.50/. By no means required, just wanted you to know that this is the general practice to announce a new family member ;~))

Happy pickin'!
MW

Back