Introduce yourself!

Thanks, Moondog. It will take me a few days to prep some photos and post but I'll comply ASAP.

The videos I have are humbly produced praise band videos from our church. These are "isolation" clips that we made during this last year when the church was temporarily closed due to COVID. I will find the ones that best show my guitars and playing and post links.
Welcome, DanJ!
Don’t forget to use one of your pics for an avatar.

Hi Everyone! I just signed up this morning after receiving my 2nd PRS yesterday, a green Semi-HB Vela.

A little about me. I've been a stay at home patient since 2007 due to surgical head injury and related health issues. When I am not on a dark, quiet place, I am behind a guitar or in my little spare-bedroom home project studio. I've done a little over 60 originals since 2011. All of them with simply awful voices.

I've been been playing guitar since 2005, but "playing" is a very loose term. The first 6 years were off and on, the next 6 was all about learning just enough to play parts of any song I was working on at the time in my "studio". It was not until 2-3 years ago that I buckled down and began learning and practicing in a more dedicated fashion. The realization came to me that I could only do maybe 10-20 loose versions of cover songs from beginning to end. It's beginning to pay off.

So onto my little PRS story. I've got several nice acoustics in the past few years. I've just now gotten back into my electrics. I've had roughly a dozen or so guitars. A mixture of cheapo, mid-grade and USA made guitars that did what they needed to do. I just started the process of selling them and replacing them with maybe 3-4 really nice ones.

The first one to go was a purple, passive PRS Paul Allender model from something like 10 years ago. It was the cleanest guitar I had for recording. Great job of shielding, maybe? I dunno, but it made many of my songs. Alas, the neck was too thin for me and had not been played much at all in the past few years. I had planned on getting something less metal-centric, but similar build sans tremelo. That plan changed when I saw a demo of the Vela Semi-HB. Yeah, I still need a clean electric in the arsenal, but this Vela is in special territory for me. It's unique, or close to it.

So that's about it. Thanks for having me, and I look forward to chiming in from time to time.

Hi Everyone! I just signed up this morning after receiving my 2nd PRS yesterday, a green Semi-HB Vela.

A little about me. I've been a stay at home patient since 2007 due to surgical head injury and related health issues. When I am not on a dark, quiet place, I am behind a guitar or in my little spare-bedroom home project studio. I've done a little over 60 originals since 2011. All of them with simply awful voices.

I've been been playing guitar since 2005, but "playing" is a very loose term. The first 6 years were off and on, the next 6 was all about learning just enough to play parts of any song I was working on at the time in my "studio". It was not until 2-3 years ago that I buckled down and began learning and practicing in a more dedicated fashion. The realization came to me that I could only do maybe 10-20 loose versions of cover songs from beginning to end. It's beginning to pay off.

So onto my little PRS story. I've got several nice acoustics in the past few years. I've just now gotten back into my electrics. I've had roughly a dozen or so guitars. A mixture of cheapo, mid-grade and USA made guitars that did what they needed to do. I just started the process of selling them and replacing them with maybe 3-4 really nice ones.

The first one to go was a purple, passive PRS Paul Allender model from something like 10 years ago. It was the cleanest guitar I had for recording. Great job of shielding, maybe? I dunno, but it made many of my songs. Alas, the neck was too thin for me and had not been played much at all in the past few years. I had planned on getting something less metal-centric, but similar build sans tremelo. That plan changed when I saw a demo of the Vela Semi-HB. Yeah, I still need a clean electric in the arsenal, but this Vela is in special territory for me. It's unique, or close to it.

So that's about it. Thanks for having me, and I look forward to chiming in from time to time.
Welcome BosoxBiker! We have a lot in common on our guitar journey (and bad vocals), good to see I am not alone!!! Although I have not got into the practice and get better mode. I just continue producing songs and like you, figure out a part for a song, record it and move on. I can only play maybe half a dozen of anyone elses music, and don't remember how I did most of the stuff I have produced! I have gotten better about keeping track of my structures with newer productions, but still just plain forget as I have to start on that new song that just came into my head. Is what it is, and I am having a blast doing it!! And these PRS guitars have allowed me to do so much more than I could on my strat or Eko Kadett or any of my acoustics. They have definitely allowed me to "stretch" my skills a bit further with the only effort being to pick out the next masterpiece from this builder!!!

Looking forward to hearing some of your stuff, so please post in the "Studio & Stage" forum here, some of your hits! It is after all why we have these beauties!!!

Happy pickin'!
MW

Welcome BosoxBiker! We have a lot in common on our guitar journey (and bad vocals), good to see I am not alone!!! Although I have not got into the practice and get better mode. I just continue producing songs and like you, figure out a part for a song, record it and move on. I can only play maybe half a dozen of anyone elses music, and don't remember how I did most of the stuff I have produced! I have gotten better about keeping track of my structures with newer productions, but still just plain forget as I have to start on that new song that just came into my head. Is what it is, and I am having a blast doing it!! And these PRS guitars have allowed me to do so much more than I could on my strat or Eko Kadett or any of my acoustics. They have definitely allowed me to "stretch" my skills a bit further with the only effort being to pick out the next masterpiece from this builder!!!

Looking forward to hearing some of your stuff, so please post in the "Studio & Stage" forum here, some of your hits! It is after all why we have these beauties!!!

Happy pickin'!
MW
Thanks, Moondog. It sure does sound like we've went down a couple of the same roads. I'll check out that Studio & Stage section this week and figure out the community do's and do-nots and other points of ettiquete that must be followed. I've certainly got nothing hit worthy, though, and most of my recent offerings featured very little electric guitar.

Thanks, Moondog. It sure does sound like we've went down a couple of the same roads. I'll check out that Studio & Stage section this week and figure out the community do's and do-nots and other points of ettiquete that must be followed. I've certainly got nothing hit worthy, though, and most of my recent offerings featured very little electric guitar.
Yeah, I use some terms that I people interpret literally. "Looking forward to seeing your shreds" is one of them. I don't mean shredding style, I am just referring to playing with enthusiasm. "Happy pickin'", I am just saying "pickin' at your guitar", not pickin' style. When I say "hits" I am referring to anything any of us create ;~)) I thought about calling my first album from the one man band "Da' Mutta' Funka's" in 2015 "DMF's Greatest Hits", but I decided to refrain and went instead with "It's All About Funk" because it literally was an album of, for and about Funk!!! They were the greatest "hits" of that band at that point in time though IMO!!

Looking forward to hearing some of your #1 works (and yes, I know they are not all #1)!!! Just speaking in tongues!!

Happy hit makin'!
MW

Greetings! Another forum newb here.

I previously owned a 1995 Custom 22 that I loved but had to sell it years ago due to unemployment. PRS kind of seemed like an afterthought to me up until about a month ago when I found a 2006 Singlecut Trem at a swap meet. It looked just like the PRS I fell in love with years ago when I used to work at a music store. Seeing it brought back instant nostalgia and I had to get it. It does not disappoint! :D

Now I kind of feel like I'm jumping back on the PRS train and going full speed ahead. I want more but it's rare to find guitars with features I like (namely ebony fretboards and stainless steel frets). Still, I'm totally digging this guitar and am entertaining the idea of having it routed for trem-up routing (Tremonti model style).

I previously owned a 1995 Custom 22 that I loved but had to sell it years ago due to unemployment. PRS kind of seemed like an afterthought to me up until about a month ago when I found a 2006 Singlecut Trem at a swap meet. It looked just like the PRS I fell in love with years ago when I used to work at a music store. Seeing it brought back instant nostalgia and I had to get it. It does not disappoint! :D

Now I kind of feel like I'm jumping back on the PRS train and going full speed ahead. I want more but it's rare to find guitars with features I like (namely ebony fretboards and stainless steel frets). Still, I'm totally digging this guitar and am entertaining the idea of having it routed for trem-up routing (Tremonti model style).
Welcome back, doomscroll!
Looks like I’ve been going to the wrong type of swap meets!:p:D

Welcome back, doomscroll!
Looks like I’ve been going to the wrong type of swap meets!:p:D

Haha thank you! This happened at the Dallas International Guitar Show. The place is swarmed with overpriced Les Pauls :p I was actually on the hunt for something else and this one got my attention. It was one out of two PRS Singlecuts in the entire room.

Hello! Found my way back...

I used to be a member of the old Birds and Moons forum, signed up here when it disappeared but never actually got around to posting anything. Anyway, greetings from the UK. Previously the owner of a Wild Mint Mira which got sold when the band I was in stopped playing together. Regretted it almost instantly, now the owner of an SE acoustic and an SE Paul's guitar. Still definitely a PRS fan! I do own a couple of others, of course - 1983 Squier JV 62 strat and a Cort M900, both of which were presents from the wife and both of which are lovely too.

Anyway, as I say, hello and all that!

New to this forum but not new to PRS Guitars. Glad to be a PRS player and glad to be here to talk PRS! These guitars rock!

Hi! I just started learning guitar and am very happy to get on this forum!

I used to be a member of the old Birds and Moons forum, signed up here when it disappeared but never actually got around to posting anything. Anyway, greetings from the UK. Previously the owner of a Wild Mint Mira which got sold when the band I was in stopped playing together. Regretted it almost instantly, now the owner of an SE acoustic and an SE Paul's guitar. Still definitely a PRS fan! I do own a couple of others, of course - 1983 Squier JV 62 strat and a Cort M900, both of which were presents from the wife and both of which are lovely too.

Hey, all you new guys! Welcome to the forums, and to one of the best places to hang out for gear related fun. Some great, knowledgeable, and helpful folks are here to help you, and plenty of folks you can help too. Settle in!

Welcome back, John!

Jeff here!
Church music Director for 18 years. Big-time family man, 4 daughters, no TV, just a big backyard and room full of music gear.
Main electric axe is an S2 standard singlecut.
Used to do setups for a local music shop, so between the quality of PRS and my experience, it's a pretty sweet playing noise machine!
I love tweaking electronics, adjusting pole pieces and getting really deep into getting just the right tone, balance and articulation from any setup.

Welcome, Jeff. As Alnus said, you're among tinkerers - I consider myself one. Love setting action, pickup heights, etc in pursuit of that "just right" tone and feel; even replacing pickups and occasionally throwing caution to the wind and routing out holes for extra pickups. Well actually only did that once or twice and recently been exploring alternative pickup configurations on a S2 Standard 24 (Had to open up a "swimming pool" under the pickguard to facilitate different PU combinations. I'm looking for a SSS or HSH combination that will work on a 24 fret guitar and produce good "quack" as well as traditional HB tones. My "go to" sound has always been the SSS setup. Getting the magical "in between" sounds can sometimes be tricky, but persistence and lots of tweaking often pays off.

Jeff here!
Church music Director for 18 years. Big-time family man, 4 daughters, no TV, just a big backyard and room full of music gear.
Main electric axe is an S2 standard singlecut.
Used to do setups for a local music shop, so between the quality of PRS and my experience, it's a pretty sweet playing noise machine!
I love tweaking electronics, adjusting pole pieces and getting really deep into getting just the right tone, balance and articulation from any setup.
Welcome Jeff! Pix are always a hit around here, so if you have any of your beauty, be sure to let us have a gander!!

Happy pickin'!
MW

Hey, re-new-by(d@mn aouto-incorrect!!) was here sever years ago looking for a PRS Se Goldtop Yup! You guessed it, David Grissom fan! Things took a turn but hopefully it's "Geting better better all the time"!
Anyway, dig Rock, dig Roll, dig Funk, dig Deftones, Allmans, P-Funk ("We want the Funk! Heh!)
Anyway, that's me. Am longtime member of TDPRI (can't remember the non-acronym but it's a bunch of cool cats & kitties geeking on all things Tele related plus a whole lot more!)
But enuff about me! Thx for the add!

Back