Introduce yourself!

Hi everybody!

Just joined after picking up my 4th PRS today. Here’s what I’ve got in the order of acquisition:

2006 CE 22 Solid mahogany with translucent cherry finish

2016 S2 Standard 24 Tobacco Burst with optional birds

2008 Bernie Marsden SE

2006 Charcoal Singlecut Satin Soapbar Core

I’ve got most of the PRS bases covered outside of the big $$$ stuff.

Can anyone provide more details on the Satin Singlecut? There’s not much info out there as it seems like it was short lived.

It’s great to be here and I look forward to meeting fellow musicians.

Congrats on the new addition to your harem Supa Necta and welcome to the forum! Sounds like a sweet collection! Can't help on the single cut, I don't know jack about that.

Be sure to post some of your work in the Studio & Stage forum here ( https://forums.prsguitars.com/forums/studio-stage.68/ ). This is after all why we have these guitars, to produce music!

Happy Pickin~
Moondog Wily

Hi everybody!

Just joined after picking up my 4th PRS today. Here’s what I’ve got in the order of acquisition:

2008 Bernie Marsden SE

Can anyone provide more details on the Satin Singlecut? There’s not much info out there as it seems like it was short lived.

The Singlecut satin has the usual 10” fingerboard radius and 25” scale. The body should be about 52 mm thick and fairly light weight, which they were known for. The pickups are “specially designed” Seymour Duncans, and drew raves for their sound. They may be ceramic magnets, no one is saying. I do know my 2001 custom 22 triple soapbar has ceramic magnets. The neck is a wide fat, but is known to be both less wide and less fat than most wide fats. The finish........here you’ll get interesting opinions. Many of us believe the wood vibrates better because the finish is so thin. Almost all of us know that it scratches more easily and can get shiny in places with wear. In short, it’ll end up looking like a guitar a musician has played. Welcome, and you’ve got a nice assortment of guitars. Unfortunately, you don’t have a true single coil yet...................(bwahhhhahahahaha!)

Hi everybody!

2008 Bernie Marsden SE

Welcome, Supa Necta!
Great group of guitars. Definitely post some pics when you can and thanks for starting out right away with an avatar.

Hi all.
Another guy that loves his guitars and amps.
Been playing for a long time.
I bought a 2010 SE Singlecut last year and then I picked up a 2005 SE Santana this week.
I figured I should probably join a forum to see what there is that I should know about them.
So here I am.
Looking forward to spending some time and learning some stuff.

His name was Cato (k-toe)
and he was a great friend and is muchly missed.
Smartest, most loving and loyal dog I've ever known.
He was the best.
A great breed, I bet yours are too.
Sorry, man. I know how you feel.
I have had Rottweilers for just about my entire life and I miss my first two so, so much.

Hi all.
Another guy that loves his guitars and amps.
Been playing for a long time.
I bought a 2010 SE Singlecut last year and then I picked up a 2005 SE Santana this week.
I figured I should probably join a forum to see what there is that I should know about them.
So here I am.
Looking forward to spending some time and learning some stuff.
Welcome to the forum Rotty lover! They are great dogs! I have known a few in my life, and they were always sweethearts!! We all love git pix here, so be sure to put up some images. Also, the "Studio & Stage" ( https://forums.prsguitars.com/forums/studio-stage.68/ ) forum is a good place to show us what you do with those fine instruments!

Cheers~
MW

His name was Cato (k-toe)
and he was a great friend and is muchly missed.
Smartest, most loving and loyal dog I've ever known.
He was the best.
A great breed, I bet yours are too.

Sorry for your loss, but glad you had the time with a great friend. A good dog is the best gift a person can have.

Hello. Entered the PRS family a week ago with this P20E. This is the 1st PRS brand I've every played, electric or acoustic, so I have no real reference point. I have a Strat and Epiphone Les Paul and have always been happy with them, so never had the need (or cash) to look at a PRS for an electric, although I have some friends that swear by them. I had been searching for a travel size guitar for a little over a year and my journey took me from the Martin Backpacker (which I would have bought if the neck hadn't been so wide) to the Baby Taylor to a GS Mini (and never played it but was briefly considering an Alvarez LJ2E) and ultimately to the P20E here. When a local store got some in, I rushed to go try it out. Honestly, at first, I was disappointed. I think I was expecting it to be a little smaller. The neck felt a bit thick and while I liked the sound, I walked away to turn back toward the Baby Taylor/GS Mini. There was a different store that had those in stock so I went back to try them out and was leaning toward the GS Mini-e (Mahogany). I loved the way it played and sounded (I also own a Taylor 610 CE). But I just couldn't get them to come down on the price at all and it was retailing more than the P20E. So I went back to try the P20E a couple times and took my Taylor to compare the size and told myself if it was small enough and could get a good price, I'd get it otherwise I'd get the GS Mini-E, and well, you see the picture. I'm really enjoying my decision. The more I play it, the more I like it. The action is fine for me, but I do think I'm going to put a slightly smaller gauge string on it, but don't want to change these new ones quite yet. I've been almost an exclusive Elixir string fan for 20 years now. Has anyone put those on one of these? I know PRS has their own line and I assume that's what's on it from the factory. If you have, has it dramatically affected the sound good/bad? Thanks in advance for your input!
AF1QipNrPBAHwRHK1xJH-clyu-JG_I5KgQpzJddufN2o

Last edited:
Hello. Entered the PRS family a week ago with this P20E. This is the 1st PRS brand I've every played, electric or acoustic, so I have no real reference point. I have a Strat and Epiphone Les Paul and have always been happy with them, so never had the need (or cash) to look at a PRS for an electric, although I have some friends that swear by them. I had been searching for a travel size guitar for a little over a year and my journey took me from the Martin Backpacker (which I would have bought if the neck hadn't been so wide) to the Baby Taylor to a GS Mini (and never played it but was briefly considering an Alvarez LJ2E) and ultimately to the P20E here. When a local store got some in, I rushed to go try it out. Honestly, at first, I was disappointed. I think I was expecting it to be a little smaller. The neck felt a bit thick and while I liked the sound, I walked away to turn back toward the Baby Taylor/GS Mini. There was a different store that had those in stock so I went back to try them out and was leaning toward the GS Mini-e (Mahogany). I loved the way it played and sounded (I also own a Taylor 610 CE). But I just couldn't get them to come down on the price at all and it was retailing more than the P20E. So I went back to try the P20E a couple times and took my Taylor to compare the size and told myself if it was small enough and could get a good price, I'd get it otherwise I'd get the GS Mini-E, and well, you see the picture. I'm really enjoying my decision. The more I play it, the more I like it. The action is fine for me, but I do think I'm going to put a slightly smaller gauge string on it, but don't want to change these new ones quite yet. I've been almost an exclusive Elixir string fan for 20 years now. Has anyone put those on one of these? I know PRS has their own line and I assume that's what's on it from the factory. If you have, has it dramatically affected the sound good/bad? Thanks in advance for your input!
e94hUkN7CKP8CxEK8
Welcome, NMiller!
If that P20E plays HALF as good as it looks, it’s a winner. :)

Welcome, NMiller!
If that P20E plays HALF as good as it looks, it’s a winner. :)
Thanks, I think it is a tad quieter than the GS Mini I was trying out, however, that also could have been the room. Hard to really compare side by side since it was different stores. I've messed around a little recording it straight into my DAW with a mic & plugged direct in. Just plain mic sounds great, & the line sounds good. Surprised that the pickup seems to be a lot more even where acoustic it has that more scooped mid sound (which I love). I didn't even try the pickup in the store, I don't think I'll be using it that much, more for acoustic playing. But I still wanted the "e" just in case.

Back