Introduce yourself!

Hi All,
New to the Forum and new to PRS, played when I was a kid 16-17 then college got in the way. Now 50 years later I’m trying to pick it up again. The fingers don’t move the way they used to but hopefully practice will fix that.

I just pulled the trigger on a 594 McCarty and haven’t even taken delivery yet. Pretty excited. I see so many 594’s out there but they all seem different. Anybody know the genealogy of the 594 models? There appear to be so many permutations I can’t figure them all out.

hopefully some pics soon.
Thx
Bobo

Well the 594 arrived today......all I can say is wow. The color and wood figuring in person is just gorgeous. Couldn’t be more pleased. As for the neck feel, playability and sound it’s fantastic. Bear in mind I’m a newbie so take my opinion with a grain of salt compared to the seasoned professionals.

But I’m pretty happy so far, now it’s practice, practice, practice so I can do this guitar justice.

Last edited:
Hi All,
New to the Forum and new to PRS, played when I was a kid 16-17 then college got in the way. Now 50 years later I’m trying to pick it up again. The fingers don’t move the way they used to but hopefully practice will fix that.

I just pulled the trigger on a 594 McCarty and haven’t even taken delivery yet. Pretty excited. I see so many 594’s out there but they all seem different. Anybody know the genealogy of the 594 models? There appear to be so many permutations I can’t figure them all out.

hopefully some pics soon.
Thx
Bobo
Hey Bobo, welcome to the forum. I just pulled the trigger on my first PRS in February, already have a second and the third one is on layaway (I can't afford this ****, but already addicted)!

The 594, as I understand it, is a reference to the scale length. It is 24.594". McCarty comes from the legendary guitar innovator Ted McCarty who greatly influenced Paul Reed Smith and taught him a plenty from what I understand. The rest of the variations are basically from the model they are based on.

Please correct me where wrong anyone who knows what I have missed in this McCarty 101 treatise and add your encyclopedic knowledge of the McCarty line up!

Looking forward to the pix Mr. Bobo!

Aloha from Hawaii Everyone,
I’m new to the PRS Forum. I like the shares and plan on sticking around. I have a few PRS guitars and I love them. Purchased all of them from Dan’s Guitars in Honolulu. Take Care and be Safe.
Hey Big Kahuna, check out my 2018 release if you get a chance. My artist name for this is King Kawhileiwhilei and the song title is "PakAloloha". Thought you might appreciate it as a resident of paradise!
https://forums.prsguitars.com/threads/pakaloloha.47476/
http://PakAloloha.com
Mahalo!

Hi guys Dave from NJ here , I am new to the forum and waiting for my first PRS to arrive . I Have many guitars and i have always wanted a PRS not sure why it didn’t happen sooner but hopefully that will happen today if UPS gets here on time . Looking forward to seeing some good conversation in these threads . Thanks

Hi guys Dave from NJ here , I am new to the forum and waiting for my first PRS to arrive . I Have many guitars and i have always wanted a PRS not sure why it didn’t happen sooner but hopefully that will happen today if UPS gets here on time . Looking forward to seeing some good conversation in these threads . Thanks
Welcome, Dave!
Taylor Ham or Pork Roll, and does Central Jersey exist?:p:D

Hey Dave, welcome to the addiction club! I too wanted one for decades, and just got my first in February. I now have two with a third on layaway! Good luck with holding back your enthusiasm. FYI, you have nothing but enablers here when it comes to this addiction! Enjoy!!!

Hi everyone, I'm Paul from Ottawa, Canada. I've been playing PRS for about 20 years now, mostly bolt-on CE models from the 90's. The one in my avatar is the 1990 alder CE3 I often use on-stage. I play in a Rush tribute band so the PRS CE's are my main go-to guitar. I've often been taken to this site when Google answers to my PRS questions so I figured I would finally join.

Hi everyone, I'm Paul from Ottawa, Canada. I've been playing PRS for about 20 years now, mostly bolt-on CE models from the 90's. The one in my avatar is the 1990 alder CE3 I often use on-stage. I play in a Rush tribute band so the PRS CE's are my main go-to guitar. I've often been taken to this site when Google answers to my PRS questions so I figured I would finally join.
Welcome to the party! We are all big PRS fans, and Big Rush fans as well. Well most of us are, there are one or two who just don't get it. :D

Welcome Paul and congrats on your seniority in PRS pickin'. If you have any links to your performances of the Rush catalog and/or original stuff, be sure to drop some links in the "Studio & Stage" forum here at the site! It is after all, all about the music!!!

Welcome, Paul!
More CE’s, more better.

Hi Paul and welcome we're a nice friendly bunch here. Yes good to hear more talk about Rush (still trying to work out Limelight!). Also always good to hear about more CE's!

Wakester thanks also for the link to how to post photos as I'm still trying to work that out.

Hello folks. So, I've been a Kramer guy since 85 or so. Since PRS's caught my eye probably 20 years ago, I wondered if they really do stayed in tune coming from the Floyd Rose world.

I had an opportunity to get a CE 24 back in 2012 or so, but I couldn't get it to stay. I think I came here,in fact, looking for advice. Nothing worked. So, I moved on. It still nagged at me about how beautiful these guitars are, and when I finally realized they had floyd's, I'm like, I gotta get one.

Well, I finally decided to let go a couple Kramers and picked up a Custom Floyd 24.

You guys know, frickin unbelievable. In every way.

No, it's not the most stunning finish, but it's still pretty to look at.

It's the first guitar that had a deep enough nut shelf with shims so you can lower it. AWESOME!

I actually haven't searched yet, but I can't decide what to level the floyd to. I have it as perpendicular to the posts as my as can tell. Flutters nicely.

What awesome tone. Where does it come from?

I have a LP Standard HP that doesn't quite match this.

Anyway, wassup!

Hello folks. So, I've been a Kramer guy since 85 or so. Since PRS's caught my eye probably 20 years ago, I wondered if they really do stayed in tune coming from the Floyd Rose world.

I had an opportunity to get a CE 24 back in 2012 or so, but I couldn't get it to stay. I think I came here,in fact, looking for advice. Nothing worked. So, I moved on. It still nagged at me about how beautiful these guitars are, and when I finally realized they had floyd's, I'm like, I gotta get one.

Well, I finally decided to let go a couple Kramers and picked up a Custom Floyd 24.

You guys know, frickin unbelievable. In every way.

No, it's not the most stunning finish, but it's still pretty to look at.

It's the first guitar that had a deep enough nut shelf with shims so you can lower it. AWESOME!

I actually haven't searched yet, but I can't decide what to level the floyd to. I have it as perpendicular to the posts as my as can tell. Flutters nicely.

What awesome tone. Where does it come from?

I have a LP Standard HP that doesn't quite match this.

Anyway, wassup!
Welcome, Michael!
Glad you found one that works for you.
Post some pics when you can and thanks for having an avatar.

Welcome Michael. I created a new saying after getting my first one in February of this year. "Once you PRS, you won't settle for less!". Everything about these guitars is incredible. Don't ask why, just play and enjoy!! Looking forward to some pix of the Custom Floyd 24 (I think if I got a Floyd PRS, it would have to be in Bonnie Pink)!

Back